Page 1 of 4 [ 57 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

ocdgirl123
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2016, 12:06 pm

Some of fears I have are pretty common but I also have some that people see as strange:

-Guns (more afraid of owning one myself or shooting one than getting shot, which makes me nervous too). Most people feel safer with a gun, but for reason, I don't

-Being in a place without a bathroom (I always use the washroom just in case if I go on a long trip)

-Animals putting thei paws on me

I have not ever met anyone with these fears. I know they are kind of silly, but these things do scare me.

Canadian, young adult, student demisexual-heteroromantic, cisgender female, autistic

Edenthiel
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2016, 12:14 pm

The possibility of getting teeth or eye injuries absolutely terrify me.

Also I have trypophobia, or "fear of holes". But it's mostly only in living things, clean-edged holes where they should not be. Rationally it doesn't bother me (or so I think) but after a few seconds I get really nauseous.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2016, 1:41 pm

Cars. Buses. Vehicles. Pretty much anything with wheels and a motor.

I think most people are terrible drivers and do not respect pedestrians at all. In summer it's a lot worse because there are more people going on trips and tourists that I think came from a place where stopping to let you cross the street or not driving at least 10 km over the speed limit is some kind of cardinal sin. Also the heat and sunlight inside the cars in summer must bake the driver's brain cells, even with the AC on.

When I'm in a car, sudden movements like the driver slamming onto the breaks can make me scream my head off.

Why must cars be such a necessary evil? They are dangerous, noisy, bad for the environment and turn people into lunatics. Of course, I have to tolerate them to a point just so I don't go completely insane and turn into a serial tire-slasher.

"Slasher". Now that would be an intimidating nickname in jail. Unless I explained I got it from slashing tires, not people. :lol:

randomeu
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2016, 5:24 pm

fear of heights, no not me being up a height (but that is a thing) but OTHER PEOPLE. my legs go to jelly and i want to throw up seeing my parents or sister on the step ladder up to our attic. ew, im feeling sick now just thinking about it. also change, we have a decking in our back garden thats been their for YEARS, basically a decade, and my mother sister decided to take down one of its banisters in order to access the garden better and have it more open, this change has weirdly really gotten to me, its been there the whole time growing up, i don't like change at all, it really depresses me and freaks me out, it takes me a few weeks to get over it.......

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 174 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 30 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

Officially diagnosed 30th june 2017

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

27 Jul 2016, 5:34 pm

I don't think my fears are that weird but pretty debilitating. Flying sends my body into an absolute panic, I feel sick and can't sleep for days beforehand. I use to be very afraid of dogs but I've gotten over this and actually like them now even tho some still are pretty scary but I think that's the intention. One thing I can't stand is being alone in a restaurant, I wont eat at places where I'm the only person there. I think that is some sort of social anxiety, just feel like I am being watched and judged.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2016, 7:05 pm

There is an airport not that far from where I live, although I don`t know exactly where it is,and sometimes I hear the roar of planes flying overhead during the night while I`m in bed. Sometimes I think one of them will eventually crash-land on the apartment building...

Or pieces of satellites or meteors...

Or bombs...

Or maybe even really big hailstones.

dcj123
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2016, 7:13 pm

People, spiders and those of authority oh my...

nuff said.

katnipp
Butterfly
Butterfly

27 Jul 2016, 7:18 pm

I have a really bad fear of flying (unable to fly without lots of xanax), even though I've flown a zillion times in my life and one of my special interests is airplanes!! The problem is my other special interest is airplane crashes, I've spent hours on the internet reading about crashes and have scared myself silly. Ignorance is bliss they say.

The weirdest fear I have is vents (like A/C vents). The worst is hotel rooms that have low ceilings in the hallways and the vent is like 2 inches away from your head :(

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2016, 7:24 pm

katnipp wrote:
I have a really bad fear of flying (unable to fly without lots of xanax), even though I've flown a zillion times in my life and one of my special interests is airplanes!! The problem is my other special interest is airplane crashes, I've spent hours on the internet reading about crashes and have scared myself silly. Ignorance is bliss they say.

The weirdest fear I have is vents (like A/C vents). The worst is hotel rooms that have low ceilings in the hallways and the vent is like 2 inches away from your head :(

I'm really interested in plane crashes as well, I think it's probably the worst possible way to die. Any bit of turbulence has my body thinking death is imminent. Xanax definitely helps tho! :D

UnturnedStone
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Jul 2016, 7:26 pm

Jacoby wrote:
katnipp wrote:

I'm really interested in plane crashes as well, I think it's probably the worst possible way to die. Any bit of turbulence has my body thinking death is imminent. Xanax definitely helps tho! :D

I'd rather been in a plane crash than a sinking boat in the middle of the ocean....

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2016, 7:29 pm

UnturnedStone wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
katnipp wrote:

I'd rather been in a plane crash than a sinking boat in the middle of the ocean....

There is a chance you can be saved from a sinking boat tho, in a plane you have no chance and know you have no chance for quite awhile before you hit the ground. There really isn't a more horrifying thought to me, a complete lack of control over the situation.

UnturnedStone
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Jul 2016, 7:33 pm

Jacoby wrote:
There is a chance you can be saved from a sinking boat tho, in a plane you have no chance and know you have no chance for quite awhile before you hit the ground. There really isn't a more horrifying thought to me, a complete lack of control over the situation.

That's why I'd rather be in a plane crash, It's very... Final... I'd much rather that than the highly unlikely chance of being found in the ocean. You would be much more likely to drown or be eaten than being saved.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2016, 7:44 pm

UnturnedStone wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

That's why I'd rather be in a plane crash, It's very... Final... I'd much rather that than the highly unlikely chance of being found in the ocean. You would be much more likely to drown or be eaten than being saved.

I don't know if that's true, boats can let out distress signals and are usually close to the coast or in high traffic shipping lanes. Eh, different strokes for different folks. You ain't going to see me go far out to sea either for what it's worth! :P

UnturnedStone
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Jul 2016, 7:46 pm

Jacoby wrote:
UnturnedStone wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

I don't know if that's true, boats can let out distress signals and are usually close to the coast or in high traffic shipping lanes. Eh, different strokes for different folks. You ain't going to see me go far out to sea either for what it's worth! :P

I totally get what your saying. I guess the only time I have been on a boat and had issue with it was when It was I couldn't see land.

katnipp
Butterfly
Butterfly

27 Jul 2016, 8:38 pm

Jacoby wrote:
katnipp wrote:

Good to know I'm not the only one who's interested :lol: One of the worst ways to die for sure and there is nothing you can do to stop it.

C2V
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2016, 8:44 am

Being trapped, and stagnant, and nothing happening to me ever. Just flat, day after day, forever.
It's an existential kind of horror which has been with me as long as I can remember, and something that never really lets me stop.