Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

MsGreen
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

16 Aug 2016, 11:13 am

Hi,

after trying to survive in skinny jeans I have decided to never get such a bad idea again... Don't missunderstand me, I know there are plenty of people who consider them to be the best jeans, however I guess there are other people who share my opinion as well, especially here.
I envy men so much for just wearing regular jeans and t shirt. Same every day.
I have tried mens jeans, but the crotch looks weird on me (I'm a woman).
Does anyone have tips on where to by jeans that look like mens jeans, except that the upper part is more feminine? What would such jeans be called? I have occasionally found bootcut low jeans which looks like this. I don't want the currently so modern "wide leg" jeans cause they just make me look like a hippie with very, very long legs... :D

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2016, 1:28 pm

This kind of jeans is probably called "boyfriend jeans" https://www.google.pl/search?q=boyfrien ... 40&bih=785 . I have 2 pairs like this. They are pretty comfortable. Or at least were - till summer come and I started wearing shorts. Now the jeans are not comfortable anymore. Season change always does that to me. :(

MsGreen
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

16 Aug 2016, 1:38 pm

Hmm, thanks, but no. I don't want them tapered. Or maybe if I find a pair that suits my body shape better than the ones at HM.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2016, 2:33 pm

Look for 'straight leg' jeans or 'linear leg' jeans.
These are the most similar to standard men's jeans.

SocOfAutism
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2016, 2:40 pm

I understand your woes. I think I look the same after having a c-section a couple years ago, but I can no longer wear the same brands/types of jeans. I measure the same, weigh the same...I don't know what it is.

Instead of cutting out a whole type of jeans, I recommend you just try different brands. Wildly different brands, including very expensive and very inexpensive ones that you ordinarily would not consider. It could be that something you never gave a chance before are the perfect ones for you.

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2016, 8:45 am

It's a common problem that it's hard to find the right jeans if you're a woman. We are all different shapes even if we are the same size as another woman, and what works on one woman's particular body doesn't feel or look right on another.

The only solution is to go shopping and physically try on as many different brands and sizes as you can go out there and find in person. Sometimes even within the same brand, two different jeans will be cut slightly differently and one won't be as right as the other pair. In the factory apparently they bulk-cut the fabric and there can be a slight variation in size or shape depending on where in the huge pile your jeans were made from.

You just have to try on as many as you can, and go to different stores to try different brands. And try different cuts and sizes. It's a PITA but it's the only way. Plus, whatever fits right, buy those and also try on more the same size, cut and brand and buy however many also fit well. I've regretted not buying more than one pair, then I go back and find that line is ended.