can we please esay this from now on?

Page 1 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

16 Mar 2007, 1:02 am

i know all you UK folks have yer queen, and king and all. but when you are talking about your mother its mom. mom. not mum, okay? that s**t sounds like mummy. thanks a bunch

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2007, 1:06 am

I don't think you have any right to tell people what they should and should not call their parents. I might not like the sound of 'mom'...it sounds alien to my ears, but I do not go around asking people not to use it. It is called individual differences...deal with it.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

16 Mar 2007, 1:07 am

my arent you testy. must have hit a nerve

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2007, 1:09 am

Not especially, I just think it is uncalled for to be telling people what words they should and shouldn't use. 'Mum' is the word used here for mother. We do not , as a rule, call our mothers 'Mom' here, just as those in the USA do not, as a rule, call their mothers 'Mum'. I was not aware we all had to be language clones...

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

16 Mar 2007, 1:12 am

the thing is you guys are clowns over there. what do you need a queen for? is the 500 BC? why wouldnt you say mom? it so much easier and sounds ALOT better than saying mum.

Last edited by richardbenson on 16 Mar 2007, 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Flagg
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2007, 1:12 am

I don't even know what your talking about.

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2007, 1:17 am

richardbenson wrote:
the thing is you guys are clowns over there. what do you need a queen for? is the 500 BC? why wouldnt you say mom? it so much easier and sounds ALOT better than saying mum.

And you've got an imbecile for a President. I thought they outlawed idiots in American Heads of State when they wrote up the Bill of Rights?

I'll use mum if I like. I'm an Australian. And a grammar nazi. And you did not use any proper capitalisation....*

*You know, that might be the next lesson in my English 'class'.... :twisted:

On sabbatical...

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2007, 1:20 am

richardbenson wrote:

Lol, how narrow minded. I wasn't aware there was a Queen here in 500BC??? What history books have you been reading?? Oh, nevermind, I doubt you know much of history :lol:

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

16 Mar 2007, 1:20 am

hey man i didnt vote for texas, the religious right did, and john kerry was a freaking clown and even then it wa s a close call. am i a bad speller hell yeah i am. just as long as you know what i mean

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

16 Mar 2007, 1:23 am

Graelwyn wrote:
richardbenson wrote:
Lol, how narrow minded. I wasn't aware there was a Queen here in 500BC??? What history books have you been reading?? Oh, nevermind, I doubt you know much of history :lol:
dont be silly you know what im saying this is the 21st century and you guys still have a queen.

Flagg
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2007, 1:25 am

richardbenson wrote:
Graelwyn wrote:
richardbenson wrote:
dont be silly you know what im saying this is the 21st century and you guys still have a queen.

We have an idiot for a president.

We have little room to talk.

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2007, 1:27 am

Flagg wrote:
richardbenson wrote:
Graelwyn wrote:
richardbenson wrote:

Here, here!

Oh, and richardbenson? Using proper grammar and punctuation will make your credibility go up.

On sabbatical...

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

16 Mar 2007, 1:27 am

yah i know. i didnt vote for him and i dont like him. lets move this bad boy back to you calling your moms, mums shall we?

sunnycat
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2007, 2:08 am

Flagg wrote:
richardbenson wrote:
Graelwyn wrote:
richardbenson wrote:

:lol:

Flagg
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2007, 2:18 am

sunnycat wrote:
Flagg wrote:
richardbenson wrote:
Graelwyn wrote:
richardbenson wrote:

:lol:

Still, the fact remains I speak true.

Rjaye
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2007, 2:28 am

Flagg wrote:
richardbenson wrote:
Graelwyn wrote:
richardbenson wrote:

Though it does show that to survive in the States, you have to have a sense of humor. : p

Not too much longer that lil' town in Texas will get their idiot back.

By the way, I used to call my dad "you rat bastard." I hope that's okay.

Ha.