Do you have to get new shoes a lot??

Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2016, 10:32 pm

Because I walk weird. Strange gait and leg issues. One leg shorter than the other I use a lift. I am REALLY hard on shoes! I go through a pair every 3-4 months! Losing traction or at times the sole ripping!! ! Sept. already replacing my "new" pair from May! I had a pair I used for years to the point of ripping a hole out of the bottom but those are the exception.

I got a pair to replace those in May and by Sept. NOW! The sole is ripped and traction GONE! So NOW replaced THOSE! Hope the 2nd time they last a couple years MORE than 4 MONTHS!

Glad I'm getting them on sale $20-$30 vs. $70-$100 a pair. So that's a plus but replacing your shoes every 3-4 months (at most) if I'm lucky!! !! :-(

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2016, 10:40 pm

zeldapsychology wrote:
Because I walk weird. Strange gait and leg issues.

Same here and one foot/leg in a plastic brace. I get holes in my socks and wear out shoes.

FluttercordAspie93
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2016, 10:43 am

Not really... Once I get a practical pair of shoes that I like, (in my case, slip ons), I grow attached. :P

Although, they do wear out, of course, (mine actually are right now), but I can go with the same pair of shoes for quite a long time.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2016, 12:44 pm

I used to wear out my sneakers a lot when I was younger because I did so much walking, and when I lived in a home the clothing vouchers we'd get twice a year meant I could only afford cheaper shoes, and you really get what you pay for. On winter both my boots *and* sneakers were full of holes and my feet would get sopping wet, but I couldn't afford to buy new ones. My mother was getting me new footwear for Christmas but I really couldn't wait until then to get them. :(

I don't wear my shoes out as fast now that I don't walk everywhere I go, but that's really not a good thing.
And I hate having to shop for new ones. My mom doesn't like taking me shopping for them either, she once even said I'm worse than my dad, but I'm clueless about buying shoes on my own.

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2016, 1:22 pm

Nah. Once I buy some shoes I use them for at least 1-2 year. That's probably because I don't walk much. :D
I have trouble buying new shoes so when I find a comfortable pair I have trouble getting rid of them. I will repair them if possible instead of buying new ones.

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2016, 2:12 pm

Yes! I have severe foot problems and plantar fasciitis and I go through sneakers really fast. I have a wide foot too. I usually will just buy shoes at Kmart or Walmart and then put my custom orthotics in them. I go through the orthotics quickly too and and have to replace them every 3 or 4 months.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

18 Sep 2016, 7:36 pm

I usually buy new shoes about 1ce a year but last time I bought em I waited a year & half.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2016, 8:00 pm

I usually buy them once every 2 to 3 years. I only wear one pair. Iunno. For years I kept buying nearly indentical pair of white K-Swiss shoes.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

18 Sep 2016, 8:08 pm

Noca wrote:
I usually buy them once every 2 to 3 years. I only wear one pair. Iunno. For years I kept buying nearly indentical pair of white K-Swiss shoes.
I only wear one pair too & I buy the same brand & size every time because they're about the only brand with velcro instead of laces. I can tie shoes but I'm slow at it due to bad fine motor-skills & a tremor disorder that acts up when doing things with fine motor-skills. It's alot easier for me to wear velcro.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Graywulf
Butterfly
Butterfly

25 Sep 2016, 11:57 am

I'm on a quest to find the perfect shoes. Have ordered and sent back so many pairs from Amazon because they just don't feel right on my feet. I want to find some that A. fit / feel right, and B. will be around for more than one season so i can buy the exact same ones when i need them.

littlecatinthewindow
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2016, 1:35 pm

I go through a lot of shoes. Even more if they weren't so expensive.

dossa
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2016, 1:42 pm

Yep. I have to replace flat shoes quite often. I toe walk enough that it has snapped the rubber on the soles of multiple pairs... mostly though it just wears the bottoms out in one spot on each side until the bottom becomes no more. My socks all have holes in the exact same places as well. I destroy them. I have noticed though that shoes with heels seem to last me a long time, even the chunky heels. Heels kinda force me to walk using both front and back of my feet, so I think that is why those shoes have lasted longer for me. But yeah, thank goodness for cheap shoes or I'd go broke replacing them all the time.

AnaHitori
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2016, 3:22 pm

I've worn these shoes since I was eleven years old!

aviatefanatic
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

27 Sep 2016, 2:50 pm

I practically have two pairs of shoes, one for casual one for formal.
Casual - Brown leather sandals
Formal - Black loafers.
Sometimes I like to walk barefoot when I go outside and on the sidewalk, I like the feeling of the lukewarm ground beneath my feet.

Off-topic-answer-short: No.

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2016, 2:53 pm

I only buy shoes every two-three years.
Though, I have flat feet, it's very hard to find comfortable shoes. Thus I hang on to the ones I have for a very long time.

arachnids
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Sep 2016, 3:18 pm

I have foot and gait problems due to hypermobility and can only wear Skechers shape ups. I bought six pairs of the same shoe and just replace as I go along. I allow myself one pair per year and don't generally wear them out. I wear the older ones in the garden though. I even wear them at work.

I am not taking the damn Venlafaxine!

On Propranolol

I like cats, trees and spiders.

'In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act' George Orwell