How many people with ASD smoke cigarettes?

Page 1 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Lucas1992
Butterfly
Butterfly

28 Nov 2016, 8:13 am

Heya,

I was just curious to know how many of us are smokers.

Do you smoke? What brand? What age did you start? and why do you think you started? and how many a day?

I am a smoker and I have been smoking since I was 12, I usually smoke any brand I like but usually Marlboro red, Benson and hedges, Camel. I got no idea why I started smoking as I just picked it up, it most certainty not peer pressure because I was the first person to start smoking out of any of my friends. Also I couldn't of picked it up from my parents or any of my family because none of them smoke.

Thanks for answering :)

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

QuillAlba
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2016, 2:24 pm

I love to smoke rollups.

Cigarettes taste like chemicals are pure boggin like man.

I'm trying to quit, I have a vape now, but I still like a couple of rollies each day.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2016, 2:32 pm

Never smoked. Never will smoke.

dcj123
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2016, 2:38 pm

Smoked for anxiety off and on since 19, but according to google it increases anxiety 8O

I have quit and I don't plan on starting back ever due to health consequences but American Spirit was my favorite though I'd settle for a Newport 8)

Last edited by dcj123 on 28 Nov 2016, 2:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2016, 2:39 pm

I've never smoked in my life and I don't plan on doing so.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2016, 2:45 pm

I enjoy a roll up.

EclecticWarrior
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2016, 10:20 pm

My brother (AS) smoked for about six months, stopped, started chewing regular gum to stop the cravings and is now off the gum.

I'm proud of him 8)

WP's most sparkling member.

DX classic autism 1995, AS 2003, depression 2008

~INFP~

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2016, 11:58 pm

Stopped smoking 9 almost 10 years ago. Use to smoke Winston lights. Started in my mid teens in some lame attempt to fit in. Smoked a pack a day.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2016, 5:57 am

Not me. I don't wish to spend money on increasing chances of getting lung cancer.

I mean, really, why do people want to abuse their lungs? Your lungs are essential.

dcj123
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2016, 5:16 pm

A lot of people smoke because of anxiety, even if its a bad solution in the long run, it appears to appeal in the moment. Even if it causes anxiety later, there have been situations in my life where I feel I would have had a straight up heart attack if I didn't smoke.

Other then that, I can't see a reason either, I guess some people enjoy taste.

crystaltermination
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2016, 8:09 am

I smoke. Yep, not a good lifestyle choice but it doesn't make you a bad person. Started around 18 to current. Like most I believe, I'm extremely aware of the problems, i.e. mutations caused by the habit but still, I feel like I'm waiting for someone to come along and shake me by the shoulders and tell me to stop. Plus I'm a runner, which just descends into plain ridiculous.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2016, 10:19 am

Not me. Cigarette smoke reeks. I can't stand to even be near people who smoke.

ocdgirl123
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2016, 4:44 pm

I have sensory issues with cigarette smoke, and I have to step away when people are smoking and hold my breath when I pass smokers.

NOTE: I am in NO WAY saying that smokers are bad people, I just really hate the smell of smoke and I have friends and family who smoke, I just don't go near them when they are smoking.

Canadian, young adult, student demisexual-heteroromantic, cisgender female, autistic

Miss_Skitty
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

04 Dec 2016, 7:19 pm

I use a vape and occasionally I'll have a cigarette (usually if I'm offered one.) Unfortunately I like how it can help calm my nerves and suppress appetite. Oh and going outside for a cigarette at a restaurant or bar is a good excuse for me to just step outside for a bit and get away from the noise. I wish I didn't enjoy it to be honest, but ah well

Skibz888
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2016, 7:28 pm

I've been an on and off again smoker since I was 18. Mostly off, but when I do smoke, it's very much in moderation: just a couple here and there, as opposed to whole packs at a time.

I tried making the transition to vaping in order to quit, but I found vaping only increased my nicotine intake and when I do smoke cigarettes, it now takes a lot more to get the desired effect.

I do wish to quit, though, but it's certainly just as difficult as you've been led to believe.