Anyone here who has an NES or Genesis classic console?

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

NewTime
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2017, 12:45 pm

They've sold them in Walmart and Target stores around here. It seems like they go out as soon as they come in the stores.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2017, 1:07 pm

Not able to buy one in Connecticut. Perhaps the biggest bust this year for a Christmas gift. They weren't able to meet the demand.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2017, 8:28 pm

Not yet, but I hope to get one at some point.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

EclecticWarrior
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2017, 11:05 pm

My brother has the Mega Drive one. He's been working on COMPLETELY reconstructing his old MD collection as well as adding some games he never got the chance to play first time round.

WP's most sparkling member.

DX classic autism 1995, AS 2003, depression 2008

~INFP~

DancingCorpse
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2017, 3:06 am

Can't afford to buy anything and don't have space currently but my buddy has a sega which we play all the time and I also spend a hideous amount of hours a month playing online emulators :mrgreen:

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2017, 3:26 am

I've been looking at the NES Mini for a while. Might get it at some point. Only trouble is that I'd have to hook it up to our LCD TV in the living room, since I have an old CRT one in my own room with only a single SCART input and the outputs on the NES Mini are limited to HDMI.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2017, 4:20 am

you mean, the miniature impostors preloaded with games they sell at target and best buy? or the real deal from the 80s?

i have neither...and have no interest in acquiring either. i can see why people flock to the NES mini and similar things, as the retro trend of the last few years has shot the prices of legitimate hardware/cartridges from the era through the roof. good luck finding an affordable copy of earthbound in the box.

that said, once i get the urge to play classic games again, i'll save up and buy a legitimate hard copy for a platform i already own, or buy it on virtual console or whatever. anything to avoid having to get new hardware.

emulation, if i'm really desperate.

one thing some of the mega drive/genesis hardware clones have over the NES mini is the ability to play original cartridges. not sure why ninty decided not to do that with their own product.

size?

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2017, 4:27 am

I have both. Not those built in games ones. I have the originals. I have no interest for those built in game consoles when I have most of them already on the system I like.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.