Page 1 of 7 [ 106 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

bizarre
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2007, 12:31 pm

I'm curious what is your opinion on crybabies? What is it that motivates them to act so pathetic? Is it a cry for attention or sympathy? Is it because they have lost an angument and now have nothing else to fall back on? I just think they like people feeling sorry for them. Also me thinks they are trying to be manipulative.

Sopho
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2007, 12:37 pm

Can you define what exactly you mean by 'crybaby'?

agentcyclosarin
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2007, 12:44 pm

bizarre wrote:
I'm curious what is your opinion on crybabies? What is it that motivates them to act so pathetic? Is it a cry for attention or sympathy? Is it because they have lost an angument and now have nothing else to fall back on? I just think they like people feeling sorry for them. Also me thinks they are trying to be manipulative.

Its a little funny that you respond to the bullying thread that was formulated much like this original post about how bullies are the worst and than make a thread about 'crybabies' calling them pathetic without any examples or definition of what you mean.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2007, 1:19 pm

Personally this tiff that you have going with Graelwyn, while it may involve bulling, etc is essentially female rivalry. You are both using these discussions as ways of getting each other. I had it explained to me even my friend who is the most humanist open minded person says she has difficulty having a female boss. Some people call it bitchiness, it is a derogatory term but that’s what it referrers to. It is a primal thing that works both ways. Btw I'm not trying to be misogynist and have only excluded men because it isn't particularly relevant. We all have primal behaviours this is just one of many.

ixochiyo_yohuallan
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2007, 2:08 pm

bizarre wrote:

Define crybaby, please.

There's nothing wrong with crying. There's nothing wrong with expressing any emotion, and sadness is no exception. If I cry it shows my emotions are intact (or at least I'm in touch enough with them), and I've not yet turned into a moral cripple.

I have periods when I feel nothing at all, and to be able to cry again afterwards is a blessing. Sometimes I miss the time when I was a child or teen and used to cry with each wrongly said word. At least I could be sure I was sound and still able to respond to things.

girl7000
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2007, 3:53 pm

It is perfectly reasonable that someone can cry frequently because they have been very hurt or have experienced some kind of personal trauma and are devastated or in a state of extreme distress.

It is a normal human reaction to emotionally painful experiences and should not be criticised.

It is no better than criticising people who suffer from depression or panic attacks for example.

If someone is this upset they need reassurance and support. Or, if not in a position to provide that, at least leave them in peace!

Kosmonaut
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2007, 4:09 pm

you have not heard of 'tough love' then ?
I don't like the terminology, but the concept seems sound (and effective in some cases).

Santa_Claus
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2007, 4:14 pm

Lol Matt Damon! :lol:

MrSinister
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2007, 4:31 pm

ixochiyo_yohuallan wrote:
There's nothing wrong with crying. There's nothing wrong with expressing any emotion, and sadness is no exception. If I cry it shows my emotions are intact (or at least I'm in touch enough with them), and I've not yet turned into a moral cripple.

Indeed. I've begun to cry more freely as I've got older, feeling less reserved about the whole idea of making myself look that vulnerable. I know it's not "the done thing" for a man to cry (at least in British society), but damn it, if I need to cry, I'll cry.

Santa_Claus
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2007, 4:34 pm

Cry babies dont bother me that much, I still try to understand what is bothering them before reacting in some way.

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

17 May 2007, 4:34 pm

Bullies and crybabies are cut from the same cloth. They both seek attention via negative means. They are part of the same natural sadomasochistic personality club. Likely we all to some degree have those traits. Though extreme examples of both types on WP have caused alot of conflict.

They tend to offer very little real empathy or support for fellow members here and their only goal is to extract from WP. Both types tend to seek each other out. My view as a moderator is its not my job to deal with them. And any members who get involved in such threads on WP pretty much are on their own for as I'm concern.

The only effective scalable way to deal with the problem is to ignore people you have a problem with it. Its just that simple.

girl7000
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2007, 4:44 pm

0_equals_true wrote:
Personally this tiff that you have going with Graelwyn, while it may involve bulling, etc is essentially female rivalry. You are both using these discussions as ways of getting each other. I had it explained to me even my friend who is the most humanist open minded person says she has difficulty having a female boss. Some people call it bitchiness, it is a derogatory term but that’s what it referrers to. It is a primal thing that works both ways. Btw I'm not trying to be misogynist and have only excluded men because it isn't particularly relevant. We all have primal behaviours this is just one of many.

Is it worth contacting a moderator if you suspect this is the case? WP and sites like it should be a safe space for people who have had trouble on sites that don't cater specifically for them. There are people here who are vulnerable and who have been abused or bullied in the past, so it is important that this site is strictly monitored by the moderators to ensure that it remains a safe place for the vulnerable.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2007, 4:51 pm

girl7000 wrote:
0_equals_true wrote:

Is it worth contacting a moderator if you suspect this is the case? WP and sites like it should be a safe space for people who have had trouble on sites that don't cater specifically for them. There are people here who are vulnerable and who have been abused or bullied in the past, so it is important that this site is strictly monitored by the moderators to ensure that it remains a safe place for the vulnerable.

To be honest they already had well out in the open, Graelwyn is a moderator and other moderators are aware of it. Thought it had died. Old wounds.

BazzaMcKenzie
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2007, 6:16 pm

bizarre wrote:
I'm curious what is your opinion on crybabies?

I could never understand them.

Neither do I "get" cultures where mourners wail moan and cry at funerals etc.

I bet vikings and celts never had any cry-babies.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2007, 6:23 pm

I was one of those crybabies, last year. Thank God that's over with.

Starbuline
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2007, 6:58 pm

Bizarre, stop these f*****g stupid threads aimed at another member. It's utterly pathetic.