Finally get to get out of this crappy apartment!

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2018, 11:27 pm

Uhh its been a tough year here at this hovel I live in. It was ok but not great at first turns out, we got complained at for smoking weed early on...so it was just we had to go outside for any smoking, which whatever that was ok. But then later on we got some neighbors from hell upstairs which have been causing us problems for most of our lease. Basically there is a small yard out back and the two smallest units one of which me and my boyfriend got has a patio door to open up out-back. But the kids from the unit above kept hanging out right by our patio door, or they will be out in the yard but screaming and yelling the whole time...sometimes even fighting. The parents never come out to check on them or anything so its like they are just running wild all around the complex a lot of times. And its a small building with a small yard so it really is unbearable.

But yeah finally one day recently when they were blasting music to the point I could not focus on any activities I was trying to do in my apartment I was trying to play a video game and its like I had to compete with them with volume to hear the game. So I went up and knocked on their door, one of the adults answered and yeah I was angry so I angrily said 'you guys need to turn your music down.' They denied there was any music, said it was a movie but either way after that they turned it down. So I thought ok, cool finally some peace and quiet. Then two days later me and my boyfriend get a note on the door about how we are causing disturbances, using excessive foul language and all this stuff...we are sure it has something to do with those people. Thing is they are the ones doing those things, not us(like you guys should here how the teenager that lives up there talks calling people 'b***h n-words'), so it was shocking to get that when for the most part we've just asked these people to leave us alone and quit bothering us. Like asking the kids not to hang out by our door, finally after multiple times of them blasting music I went up and said something all the while being careful not to use excessive vulgar language when dealing with them. And we get that.

But its all cool now because we're moving out, we already got a better place set up where we will be on the top floor with a private patio and its bigger than this apartment. It will be glorious not to have screaming kids right outside my back door and having a kitchen that actually has some counter space and room to put things. It might actually feel kind of like a home, rather than a hole I have to hide myself in whenever those neighbors are outside. Also though the place is available in the middle of this month...which will give us plenty of time to move everything over there before we have to be out of here.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

04 Oct 2018, 10:57 am

Congrats on getting a new place :D I think I know how you feel with where you live now because we have similar problems with our place too. The walls are very thin & the guy next to us listens to music & TV/movies very loudly sometimes. I went there a few times in the past to ask him to turn it down because the base was giving us headaches cuz it sounded like one of those military jets in our place. The last time I went he lowered it before he answered the door, said he was tired of people asking him to turn it down, especially us & that it wasn't that loud, listen. It wasn't loud cuz he had already lowered it & he slamed the door in my face & raised it again after I went back in. Our place is also rite next to the sidewalk & there's at least a few kids who play loudly outside & they're sometimes rite outside our door. Traffic is also pretty loud because we're on a busy highway & our building is rite next to the sidewalk which is very close to the road.
We're trying to move out, my girlfriend is trying to get her sister's apartment. Cass's sister is in a two bedroom place & would rather a one bedroom for some reason even thou her rent would be about the same cuz her Section 8 is based on her income. It's on the top floor & shares only one wall with a neighbor & it's not the bedrooms & the walls are thicker. There's a waiting list for apartments thou so the only way we can get it is if we're added to Cass's sister's lease but Cass & her sister both have Section 8 Cass will lose her's because they only have one for each household. Her sister would have to move out rite after we get added to the lease to avoid that problem. She's searching for a one bedroom rite now.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2018, 11:07 am

Yes, my partner got tired of the kids at our apartment complex. Since we had more than enough for a down payment we bought a house.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2018, 12:18 pm

nick007 wrote:
Congrats on getting a new place :D I think I know how you feel with where you live now because we have similar problems with our place too. The walls are very thin & the guy next to us listens to music & TV/movies very loudly sometimes. I went there a few times in the past to ask him to turn it down because the base was giving us headaches cuz it sounded like one of those military jets in our place. The last time I went he lowered it before he answered the door, said he was tired of people asking him to turn it down, especially us & that it wasn't that loud, listen. It wasn't loud cuz he had already lowered it & he slamed the door in my face & raised it again after I went back in. Our place is also rite next to the sidewalk & there's at least a few kids who play loudly outside & they're sometimes rite outside our door. Traffic is also pretty loud because we're on a busy highway & our building is rite next to the sidewalk which is very close to the road.
We're trying to move out, my girlfriend is trying to get her sister's apartment. Cass's sister is in a two bedroom place & would rather a one bedroom for some reason even thou her rent would be about the same cuz her Section 8 is based on her income. It's on the top floor & shares only one wall with a neighbor & it's not the bedrooms & the walls are thicker. There's a waiting list for apartments thou so the only way we can get it is if we're added to Cass's sister's lease but Cass & her sister both have Section 8 Cass will lose her's because they only have one for each household. Her sister would have to move out rite after we get added to the lease to avoid that problem. She's searching for a one bedroom rite now.

Well I hope all that works out, if not hopefully you can find somewhere else affordable, because that does sound annoying. You could also complain to management about the person playing loud music/t.v, apparently that is what I should have done. Then maybe they would have gotten the notice on their door instead of me.

I mean no one needs volume up so high the bass is shaking the walls of apartments around them and causing people to have to compete with them to hear anything they might be doing.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2018, 4:06 pm

That's very good news. I hope your new place is as groovy as you are. 8)

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2018, 5:01 pm

That is great you found yourself something new! Hope everything goes well! 8)