Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2017, 3:54 pm

It feels like summer to me with the sun, it's 89F here in sunny California. Why was I born here!? :( 8O :roll: :cry: I'm glad I brought another fan for my bedroom, a bigger one with a remote control :D :D :heart:

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2017, 9:57 am

I've never heard of fans with remote control before.

I hate heat too.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2017, 10:38 am

Apparently, summer in Oregon is a fleeting treasure. It has not arrived by a long stretch.

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2017, 10:52 am

Skilpadde wrote:

Yep, the fans are out there. And are quite handy when your physical health is a mess. Also nice is having timer option.
I was born in southwest desert and raised in deep south; heat didn't used to bother me but after my physical health finally crashed bigtime a little over 15 years ago heat gets to me. Not quite as bad as cold does, but getting close.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2017, 7:32 pm

Skilpadde wrote:

I hate heat too.

If you go & look on Walmart website, you will see it. I love Lasko products, my fan that I brought, it is 20" Wind Tunnel Fan, I also have Lasko 20" Wind Machine Fan in my living room, it works great, I still need my A/C on in the 90s -100, but with the fan, I can turn my A/C low. Last summer, I turned my A/C off a few times, cuz I got cold, I was wearing boxer pajamas too. I have psoriasis, I need to keep my legs cool. It hard wearing pants in the summer, my legs get hot & sweaty that is not good, I will badly itch.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2017, 9:16 pm

I'm glad spring is finally starting to feel like spring where I live, but I wouldn't be able to tolerate the heat in California. I heard it's a dry heat, which supposedly makes it more tolerable but when my parents traveled to Las Vegas a while back mom said she was thirsty and parched most of the time, and her lips were all cracked, and some of the locals poked fun at her for drinking so much bottled water. 8O

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

21 Apr 2017, 12:14 am

The temp was about 50 today where I'm at. I'm from south Louisiana thou & the temp is hot & humid the majority of the year. I have a low tolerance to heat & humidity & have eczema that can be bothered by those things. We have a window AC unit that we put in after the temp starts getting hot for abit. We have a big fan that we use when the AC is running but the fan broke months ago. We used it at night when we went to bed cuz the upstairs can get alittle warm so we'be been using a small fan instead that we have. We should buy a new fan soon. Are those fans noisy? I should look those models up if the sound isn't too bad.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2017, 2:21 am

The fans have some noise, but not too loud. I love my fan in the living room, I have Lasko fan 20', but I still need my A/C on when it's 90-100, I can turn it down later, I think that will save me money.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2017, 7:12 am

In my part of the UK we get a proper summer about once every ten years.