Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

NewTime
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2024, 10:42 am

Her class goes on constant field trips to dangerous places and there are never any permission slips for any of them.

PineappleLobster
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Apr 2024, 10:45 am

Maybe the parents signed a consent form for the field trips

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2024, 12:44 pm

What sort of dangerous places?

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2024, 10:10 pm

Probably suspension bridges and Rangoons.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2024, 4:05 am

DuckHairback wrote:

just general stuff like inside of electrical cords, different planets or there was even a weird one where the children became salmon and experienced a bit of how salmon live and die...Ms Frizzle is the teacher from the show, magic school bus, and yeah if you haven't seen it they did go on a bunch of crazy and probably dangerous feild trips in the name of science.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2024, 6:23 am

GASP!

She encouraged children to have promiscuous sex with...random salmon!

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2024, 6:45 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
DuckHairback wrote:

just general stuff like inside of electrical cords, different planets or there was even a weird one where the children became salmon and experienced a bit of how salmon live and die...Ms Frizzle is the teacher from the show, magic school bus, and yeah if you haven't seen it they did go on a bunch of crazy and probably dangerous feild trips in the name of science.

I see. Well this magic school bus sounds highly irresponsible and i won't be letting my children on it.

Fenn
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2024, 7:59 am

At the beginning of the year there is a blanket permission slip for all field trips. Parents have to sign it or the kid is transferred to another class for kids the same age. There is also an activity fee, that helps to pay for maintenance on the bus. There is also a waiver for the kids to travel in a bus driven by Ms. Frizzle, or a lizzard.

Some parents won’t sign, and that is why the class size is kept so small.

It is a special pilot program. It seems to be working because the kids score much higher than the district average for science and creative writing. The only problem is the funding is always being threatened to be cut because parents of kids who can’t get in the program don’t like the unfair student-teacher ratio. Because of this it isn’t very popular with the school board.

NewTime
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2024, 8:54 am

Seatbelts everyone! Please let this be a normal field trip. With the Frizz? No way!

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

Yesterday, 1:14 am

NewTime wrote:
Her class goes on constant field trips to dangerous places and there are never any permission slips for any of them.

I remember they went to Pluto and one of the kids took off his space helmet and he froze.

Fenn
Veteran
Veteran

Yesterday, 7:52 am

Am I the only one who remembers “Mission Magic” another show, a cartoon about a magic red headed teacher who took her class on magic field trips? She could draw a magic door on the blackboard and it would open to adventure. The kids in the class even looked the same, one kid with a ball cap (who has the same voice as Jughead from Archie). No science though. I think they had one cross over show with the Brady Kids cartoon. And, like Josie and the Pussycats, there was rock-and-roll thrown in with Rick Springfield (why? Because all young people like rock-and-roll of course!).