Page 4 of 5 [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Social_Fantom
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2008, 9:43 pm

I'm collecting the state quarters as well. I got Arizona the other day.

I also collect movies and other rare coins. I used to collect swords but I lost interest.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2008, 2:38 pm

I have or had a bunch of collections, but I'm definitely not a "gotta have every single Atari 2600 game even if it sucks" sort of person.

Collect videogames and the consoles to play them on: probably the collection that costs me the most money to upkeep =/ And takes up the most space in my room :x
Got a pretty decent collection of books, music, and DVDs. Used to collect CDs, but they're too dang expensive =(
Used to collect bottle caps, but I realized I never look at them, and they were just smelly so I threw them out.
Used to collect rocks, but I ended up losing them all =/
Back in elementary school, I collected pogs and marbles. Still kind of collect marbles when I find them.
G.I. Joes (the 4-inch ones), though I don't play with them anymore, so I don't really buy them...though I'm tempted.
Been collecting used copies of the Oz books, but now that I'm reaching the newer ones, they're getting more expensive =/
Went for a while collecting Sunday funny pages, but I never got around to reading them, so I just threw them out.
Hmm, pretty sure I'm forgetting something.

I help my GF with her collections, she collects owls and seaglass, and sometimes shells and stones.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2009, 2:51 pm

I think I have a new idea for a new collection I never tried before – pencils presenting characters from famous movies/comics/books. Today I bought three different ones with Marvel characters on. I was looking for Harry Potter ones but HP collectibles have gone out of fashion, replaced by Hannah Montana and High School Musical ones. :x

Chibi_Neko
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2009, 4:56 pm

Coins! I a big collection right now, and rare bank notes.

roadracer
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2009, 7:55 pm

I collect vintage/classic cameras, and general antiques and coins, pretty much I go around to garage salls and flea markets to find the stuff cheap, the stuff that the people selling dont know the value of :D
I also collect music, on my computer, record albums, pretty much anything classic rock.

Kasanova
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

24 Jun 2009, 8:22 pm

I used to collect football figures when I was younger. I had a lot, most in their original packaging, many rare and limited edition and some signed

I collect WWII memorabilia now, and books I guess.

Kenjuudo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2009, 8:39 pm

You all have very interesting collections. I used to collect used bus tickets when I went to school way back when. Boring huh? :lol:

Acacia
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2009, 9:35 pm

My current collection is: Plants, specifically according to taxonomy or cultural requirements.

Past collections have included: stickers, Legos, coins, musical instruments, stereotypical hats (cowboy, magician, railroad conductor, etc.), rocks, old books, records, smoking paraphernalia, mugs, tea, bottles...

Wow, I hadn't really ever considered all the collecting I've done in my life...

DarrylZero
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2009, 1:11 am

The only things I really collect just for the sake of collecting them are Pez dispensers. My collection's not really that big (yet), and there's no real focus, but I like having them. And yes, I do eat the candies. :lol:

I have a lot of books and CDs, but I don't really "collect" them so much as I buy them to read and listen to, respectively.

ColdBlooded
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2009, 1:59 am

Hmm.. Nowadays it's nothing in particular, except for the random crap that seems to accumulate when i don't throw a lot of old things away. I guess you could kind of say i have a collection of video games, lol. I used to collect pokemon cards.... And i guess you could say i have a somewhat small "collection" of reptiles :D

SpongeBobRocksMao
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2009, 12:34 pm

I have a huge collection of SpongeBob SquarePants stuff. You can even see it here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUKbo1-Z ... annel_page

SpongeBobRocksMao!

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2009, 7:31 pm

My complete One Piece Straw Hat Pirates Crew!

ZEGH8578
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2009, 7:38 pm

i have every single one of the british museum invicta plastics dinosaur models.

^^^ sans the painted ones.

(i realize the photo's from a swedish site, another enthusiast. the above is a complete collection. he admits the painted ones dont count ;) and he has two cetiosaurs! theyre exactly the same model, i have the dark purple one he has a green one as well. peculiar :I )

i have 2 glyptodons and 2 stegosaurs, and i stole the dimetrodon :) all the other ones were bought to me one by one by my dad, minus a few later ones that i found just it time for them to dissapear

theyre all to scale, except for the troodon (the brown one on a floor) and the whale. the whale's too big and the troodon's too small.
theyre also solid, and theyve often been used in dinosaur mass (as in weight) measurements

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2009, 10:01 am

Here's a few pieces of my collection.
And, yes, they are REAL!

From top to bottom;
1943 German P-38 made by Spreewerke. 9mm
Hecker & Koch P7, 9mm
Heckler & Koch USP .45 ACP

Last edited by Raptor on 26 Jul 2009, 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

ZEGH8578
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2009, 10:07 am

Raptor wrote:
Here's a few pieces of my collection.
And, yes, they are REAL!

From top to bottom;
1943 German P-38 made by Spreewerke. 9mm
Hecker & Koch P7, 9mm
Heckler & Koch USP .45 ACP

Click to enlarge.
[img][img]http://i524.photobucket.com/albums/cc328/30CalM1/th_IMG_0088-1.jpg[/img][/img]

usp45 is gorgeous :I

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2009, 12:23 pm

I collect DVDs, CDs, souvenirs and mementos from vacations and school, books, soda and hot sauce bottles.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!