Page 2 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Zaarin
Raven
Raven

20 Aug 2017, 10:58 am

Zaarin has been my internet handle since I was thirteen. At the time I was really into Star Wars (which is ironic, given that I've come to hate Star Wars with a passion), and I wanted my handle to be "Grand Admiral Thrawn," but it was already taken so I went with "Admiral Zaarin" (a character from the game TIE Fighter), eventually dropping the "Admiral." I'm now "Zaarin" on pretty much every site and associate the name with myself as much as my real name, though ironically on the original site I used it I'm now "Emissary of the Prophets." I tried using that here, but WP doesn't allow spaces and "Emissary" was already taken. ;)

--"Galadriel's Song of Eldamar"

248RPA
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2017, 12:01 pm

When I first joined, I had recently discovered a certain detective who drove a red Mark II Jaguar with the license plate 248RPA. Right from the beginning, I didn't want to use 248RPA because what if one day I start to hate all of that? But I couldn't think of a better username, so 248RPA it is.

Victor1985
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

20 Aug 2017, 2:53 pm

I dont like mine one bit, it was the old habit of dashing something off without thinking at all. Its relatively anodyne I suppose, there is that.

Zaarin
Raven
Raven

20 Aug 2017, 3:05 pm

248RPA wrote:
When I first joined, I had recently discovered a certain detective who drove a red Mark II Jaguar with the license plate 248RPA. Right from the beginning, I didn't want to use 248RPA because what if one day I start to hate all of that? But I couldn't think of a better username, so 248RPA it is.

Reminds me of a funny story. I was out to eat with my parents once, and another car backed into my mom's car and sped off. My mom was like, "If only we could have gotten their license plate number!" And I was like, "I did." When the police arrived, they didn't believe me and were just humoring us when they ran the plate; their attitude changed when it turned out to be correct. :lol:

--"Galadriel's Song of Eldamar"