Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2021, 6:14 am

We have a parcel delivery van outside on our drive. The driver has a parcel which has a timed delivery.

Now I always thought that timed delivery was a rough time that the parcel was likely to turn up. None of us are expecting a parcel but my brother and his wife do order lots of things.

Now my brother went out to see the man and he said he has a parcel for us, but he has to sit in his van and wait until the time it says on the parcel before he is allowed to deliver it to us, and he has two minutes to wait. He is not allowed to hand it over before that time.

Wierd isn't it!

We don't know what it is yet. It may even be the wrong address! Who knows! :D

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2021, 6:29 am

Ah. It was for my brother. It was some spray he had ordered to seal leaks.

If the delivery companies want to be that accurate with their timing, I sas thinking of sending myself about 15 timed parcels all from different delivery companies and have them all turn up at the same time! Haha! Now that would be worth filming! :D

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2021, 1:14 pm

Now that's either a really strict and bizarre delivery policy where they're aiming for perfect accuracy... OR the delivery driver is a total Aspie and has taken his instructions to deliver precisely on time far more literally than they were intended! :p :lol:

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

10 Jul 2021, 2:58 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Now that's either a really strict and bizarre delivery policy where they're aiming for perfect accuracy... OR the delivery driver is a total Aspie and has taken his instructions to deliver precisely on time far more literally than they were intended! :p :lol:
I would bet the guy is being extremely lazy & wanting an excuse to sit in his van & do whatever. I worked with some bad slackers before & this stunt would not be out of character for them to pull.

The delivery services here like UPS & FedEx can be picky about the day things are delivered but never the time. There's been times where either one was supposed to turn a package over to the post office to be delivered but the package got to their local facility in the very early morning of the expected delivery date so they ended up just delivering it themselves instead or transferring it over to the post office so the package would not be a day late. There's been some other times when they've held packages for a day instead of delivering em so they would not be delivering a day too soon. Both those situations are rare though. The times UPS & FedEx deliver at our place vary quite a lot sometimes. The time frame they give can vary on different days & both have delivered earlier than the time frame as well as later than the time frame fairly often. The other day UPS came around 8pm. They 1st gave what sounded like a standard time frame for them of like 11 to 3 something but then changed it to by 7pm after they had been late for an hour & then they came at about 8. There's also been a few times when a package is marked as out for delivery & said it would be here on that day but the package ended up being delivered the next day for some unknown reason, probably the driver either forgot or skipped our exact area.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition