Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

BettaPonic
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2017, 10:20 pm

I though I would start an aquarium myth Thread.

Michael829
Toucan
Toucan

01 Oct 2017, 10:52 am

BettaPonic wrote:
I though I would start an aquarium myth Thread.

Relating to your other thread, about Bettas: There's a myth that they prefer, and feel more secure in, a small container. There's no support for that myth. Small-confinement isn't natural for any fish. As i said in the other thread, any fish kept in a house needs a big rectangular table-size tank.

Anyway, why confine a fish or bird in that manner? Maybe the belief that that's ok for the fish or bird is the biggest myth of all.

Michael829

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2017, 1:21 pm

Do Sea Monkeys count as a myth? The old comic book ads showed them as a family of cute, intelligent little pink humanoid creatures playing happily in their Atlantis-style home, but in reality they were just tiny shrimpy things swimming around aimlessly. :lol: The ads later showed a tiny picture of they looked like in real life.

Still, it was pretty cool to hatch and see them grow when I actually bought them a few years ago. They were supposed to have been a new breed of Sea Monkey that was like the ones hatched aboard NASA, where they grew twice as big and fast.

BettaPonic
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2017, 6:59 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
Do Sea Monkeys count as a myth? The old comic book ads showed them as a family of cute, intelligent little pink humanoid creatures playing happily in their Atlantis-style home, but in reality they were just tiny shrimpy things swimming around aimlessly. :lol: The ads later showed a tiny picture of they looked like in real life.

Still, it was pretty cool to hatch and see them grow when I actually bought them a few years ago. They were supposed to have been a new breed of Sea Monkey that was like the ones hatched aboard NASA, where they grew twice as big and fast.

I feed there cousins to my fish.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2017, 9:50 pm

^I once saw a video on YouTube of someone doing that. Many replies said it was cruel and horrible. Huh? Fish have to eat, like the rest of us. Maybe they shouldn't have added squeaky chipmunk-type voices of the shrimp screaming when the fish ate them. 8O

BettaPonic
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2017, 7:25 am

lostonearth35 wrote:
^I once saw a video on YouTube of someone doing that. Many replies said it was cruel and horrible. Huh? Fish have to eat, like the rest of us. Maybe they shouldn't have added squeaky chipmunk-type voices of the shrimp screaming when the fish ate them. 8O

I feed baby brine shrimp to my fish. It's great for fry.