Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

BettaPonic
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 2 Jan 2017
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Posts: 917
Location: NOVA

12 Sep 2017, 12:10 am

Is there any link to walking a lot and ADHD? I walk about 20 miles a day.



auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 92,979
Location: the island of defective toy santas

12 Sep 2017, 12:13 am

I bet you are hellafit. :wtg: I am guessing, do you have the hyperactive type of ADHD?



BettaPonic
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 2 Jan 2017
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Posts: 917
Location: NOVA

12 Sep 2017, 12:17 am

auntblabby wrote:
I bet you are hellafit. :wtg: I am guessing, do you have the hyperactive type of ADHD?

I need to do some walking or I can't stay awake or get myself to eat. If I do a bunch of walking I can sometimes sit still for a little bit. A lot of times a little thing goes off in my head to walk.



auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 92,979
Location: the island of defective toy santas

12 Sep 2017, 12:19 am

BettaPonic wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
I bet you are hellafit. :wtg: I am guessing, do you have the hyperactive type of ADHD?

I need to do some walking or I can't stay awake or get myself to eat. If I do a bunch of walking I can sometimes sit still for a little bit. A lot of times a little thing goes off in my head to walk.

I was hyperactive when I was your age. I alternated between hyperactive and quasi-vegetative. :alien:



BettaPonic
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 2 Jan 2017
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Posts: 917
Location: NOVA

12 Sep 2017, 6:26 am

auntblabby wrote:
BettaPonic wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
I bet you are hellafit. :wtg: I am guessing, do you have the hyperactive type of ADHD?

I need to do some walking or I can't stay awake or get myself to eat. If I do a bunch of walking I can sometimes sit still for a little bit. A lot of times a little thing goes off in my head to walk.

I was hyperactive when I was your age. I alternated between hyperactive and quasi-vegetative. :alien:

It can defiantly be annoying sometimes.



babybird
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Nov 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 44,011
Location: Top deck of the funny bus....blowing bubbles

13 Sep 2017, 2:32 pm

I've never thought about it before. I have ADHD and I used to walk everywhere when I was younger. I could probably do 20 miles some days quite easily.

I cycle these days.


_________________
I can't say that I have ever shat on my own doorstep.

Woof Woof! Cheep Cheep!


auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 92,979
Location: the island of defective toy santas

13 Sep 2017, 7:36 pm

i'd bike more if only I could find somebody near me who could repair back tires.



babybird
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Nov 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 44,011
Location: Top deck of the funny bus....blowing bubbles

14 Sep 2017, 1:24 pm

What's wrong with your tyre?


_________________
I can't say that I have ever shat on my own doorstep.

Woof Woof! Cheep Cheep!


auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 92,979
Location: the island of defective toy santas

14 Sep 2017, 7:06 pm

babybird wrote:
What's wrong with your tyre?

country roads are very tough on tires here, and after my latest flat I could not figure a way to transport my bike to the closest bike repair place in the next county, and I lack the proper facilities to do the job myself.



babybird
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Nov 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 44,011
Location: Top deck of the funny bus....blowing bubbles

15 Sep 2017, 12:44 am

What kind of bike do you have?


_________________
I can't say that I have ever shat on my own doorstep.

Woof Woof! Cheep Cheep!


auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 92,979
Location: the island of defective toy santas

15 Sep 2017, 12:50 am

babybird wrote:
What kind of bike do you have?

a 1990s Bikee. a now-defunct brand of recumbent bicycle.
Image
what do you ride?



babybird
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Nov 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 44,011
Location: Top deck of the funny bus....blowing bubbles

15 Sep 2017, 12:56 am

Oh yes I remember now.

Is it possible for you to get the back wheel off at all?


_________________
I can't say that I have ever shat on my own doorstep.

Woof Woof! Cheep Cheep!


auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 92,979
Location: the island of defective toy santas

15 Sep 2017, 1:35 am

babybird wrote:
Oh yes I remember now. Is it possible for you to get the back wheel off at all?


your memory is better than mine. :o I lack the tools [elevated vice grip/platform, wrenches] to replace the back wheel myself. that is why in the past I used a bike shop in the next county as my local county lacked any such.



babybird
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Nov 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 44,011
Location: Top deck of the funny bus....blowing bubbles

15 Sep 2017, 12:28 pm

Well it's a shame for your bike to be stuck there because if a puncture.

How remote are you where you live?


_________________
I can't say that I have ever shat on my own doorstep.

Woof Woof! Cheep Cheep!


auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 92,979
Location: the island of defective toy santas

15 Sep 2017, 6:38 pm

babybird wrote:
Well it's a shame for your bike to be stuck there because if a puncture. How remote are you where you live?

40 minute drive in any direction to the closest little town. one side of me is a body of water, on the other side of which is seattle]. to get around that body of water would be about 3 hours driving time each way. no ferry service close to me.