Who do you think the sweetest person on WrongPlanet is?

Page 7 of 10 [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2020, 11:54 am

All this high praise for people you don't know = falseness and insincerity. I don't like it. WP is full of it. It is saccharine.

I have nothing against Isabella but on her leaving thread there is all this, "You are the greatest person that ever lived" type praising and I find it saccharine. If people aimed that at me it would be even worse.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2020, 12:27 pm

I get votes for being most sour.

Karamazov
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2020, 12:30 pm

I think we should dip some poor unsuspecting member in honey, and then roll them in sugar.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2020, 1:05 pm

Karamazov wrote:
I think we should dip some poor unsuspecting member in honey, and then roll them in sugar.

Then place near a fire ant hill?

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2020, 1:22 pm

Surely someone other than me also finds it too much?

Sahn
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2020, 1:29 pm

smudge wrote:

I sometimes feel nauseous when reading the hugs thread, I find some of the banter on WP sickengly sappy but for my own part, in this instance, I was being sincere. :P

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2020, 1:32 pm

In my own case, I'm past that myself.

IMHO -- I'd rather wager on each and everyone's anxiety and interpretations through unresolved past experiences.

Positive, negative -- both are colored therefore both can be toxic.
I could care less unless it gives me new things to think and process about as opposed to cling about.

So... 'Positive' as insincere or uplifting, and 'negative' as mistakenly realistic or toxic -- BOTH OLD NEWS therefore nothing for me to take seriously. :lol:

:twisted: The sweetest person I know is not me. I know my intent and quite open about it. :lol:

I'd be the kind who needs exorcism. :o
But that doesn't stop me from trying to honor and respect others in distance.

I don't have to reject anyone who perceives me otherwise. :skull:
I'm also not the sourest or the most bitter person I knew either.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Karamazov
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2020, 1:34 pm

I see your point smudge, but also think it’s harmless.

Just a way of acknowledging people one’s enjoyed interacting with.

Misslizard wrote:
Karamazov wrote:

Then place near a fire ant hill?

If you insist. :lol:

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2020, 1:39 pm

smudge wrote:

No, you're right. It comes off as full of s**t.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2020, 2:13 pm

smudge wrote:
All this high praise for people you don't know = falseness and insincerity. I don't like it. WP is full of it. It is saccharine.

I have nothing against Isabella but on her leaving thread there is all this, "You are the greatest person that ever lived" type praising and I find it saccharine. If people aimed that at me it would be even worse.

glad i'm not the only one who gets those feelings.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2020, 2:18 pm

smudge wrote:

If people are representing themselves on the internet as they really are in life, I don't see what's false about complementing someone you've never seen in person. If people are fake on the internet, if people misrepresent themselves and have some sort of internet persona that isn't genuine and true to their actual character (I've never understood why anyone would want to waste their lives with such fakery, but it's apparently a thing), then the person giving a compliment would be tricked into thinking the person they're complimenting is someone different than they are.

Do you have to actually see a person face to face to be friends with them or to know them? Long before the internet there were pen pals and people who had lifelong friendships across continents but never saw each other face to face.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2020, 2:37 pm

smudge wrote:

How is WP full of it? The most benign threads get derailed into negativity, arguments, and personal attacks. I really don't see an issue with people mentioning a few others that they think act kind on here or that they enjoy discussing things with. But, of course a positive thread needs to get turned into a negative on here.

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2020, 2:47 pm

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
smudge wrote:

How is WP full of it? The most benign threads get derailed into negativity, arguments, and personal attacks. I really don't see an issue with people mentioning a few others that they think act kind on here or that they enjoy discussing things with. But, of course a positive thread needs to get turned into a negative on here.

Do you mean WP has a lot of Debbie Downers and Bob Bummers?

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2020, 2:53 pm

Lady Juliette, Sister Smudge, Lady Blint, SGT Cockney Rebel, Brother Johnny, Brother Mark, Sister Ashley, Sir Kraftie, Brother Tim Tex, and Brother Bender! :D

(I'll think of more.)

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2020, 2:21 am

Obviously it's me. :mrgreen:
I'm borderline hyperglycemic.

I'm also bitter and sour though. It's a volatile and salty combination. :clown:

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2020, 2:28 am

smudge wrote:

Seriously this is hilarious for my neurotypical brain