Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

seasparrow
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 Jun 2007, 12:44 pm

My mum bought 1 a few weeks back for shredding bank statements and stuff like that.

Well, I just got it out the box to shred some of my stuff and WOW it is sooooooooo amazing! You plug it in, put the paper in the feeder and it just shreds the paper into small pieces. Its very loud though but I can handle the noise just for the sheer pleasure of seeing it shred.

I am now on a mission to find everything (and anything) that can be shredded.

I will phone my friend and make him find stuff that I can shred and take it with me when I go see him tomorrow. I will call my dad, my brother, my friends in London and wherever there is paper to be shredded... I will be there :)

Call it AS or just 'boys with toys' this has become my new obsession and I love it!

alexbeetle
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2007, 12:50 pm

my son worked in a stationers and sold paper shredders. One customer asked about a particular machine 'does this one shred coloured paper a well or just black and white?' 8O

It might look like I'm doing nothing, but at the cellular level I'm really quite busy.

seasparrow

02 Jun 2007, 12:52 pm

looooooool

manalitwist
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2007, 12:52 pm

alexbeetle wrote:
my son worked in a stationers and sold paper shredders. One customer asked about a particular machine 'does this one shred coloured paper a well or just black and white?' 8O

Well it is good to "ASCERTAIN THINGS".

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

02 Jun 2007, 1:15 pm

i want a job shredding papers, i could do THAT for hours

girl7000
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2007, 1:22 pm

seasparrow wrote:
My mum bought 1 a few weeks back for shredding bank statements and stuff like that.

Well, I just got it out the box to shred some of my stuff and WOW it is sooooooooo amazing! You plug it in, put the paper in the feeder and it just shreds the paper into small pieces. Its very loud though but I can handle the noise just for the sheer pleasure of seeing it shred.

I am now on a mission to find everything (and anything) that can be shredded.

I will phone my friend and make him find stuff that I can shred and take it with me when I go see him tomorrow. I will call my dad, my brother, my friends in London and wherever there is paper to be shredded... I will be there :)

Call it AS or just 'boys with toys' this has become my new obsession and I love it!

I like paper shredders - in one of the jobs I had while I was a student, I got to spend entire days shredding old balance sheets!

alexbeetle wrote:
my son worked in a stationers and sold paper shredders. One customer asked about a particular machine 'does this one shred coloured paper a well or just black and white?'

lol :lol:

DougOzzzz
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Jun 2007, 1:34 pm

I have a CD shredder at work which is just awesome.

SteveK
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2007, 1:35 pm

alexbeetle wrote:

WOW, I wonder what she thought it was! Stll, shredders often can't shred much, and ****REAL**** shredders accept even fewer sheets. MOST just slice the paper into thin strips. Don't get carried away. I burned TWO out so far! I get a LOT of junk mail, and shred a LOT of it. about 95% of my trash at home is SHREDDED PAPER!

Steve

agentcyclosarin
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2007, 1:40 pm

Holy crap I love paper shredders.

seasparrow

02 Jun 2007, 2:07 pm

I read the instructions (after I used it) and I can only use it for 2 minutes every 15 minutes. This will be hard to do!! !

5 sheets at a time... but I do 1 at a time :)

Ypheus
Raven
Raven

02 Jun 2007, 2:17 pm

You just need to remember that fingers are not made of paper

The problem with any unwritten law is that you don't know where to go to erase it.

seasparrow

02 Jun 2007, 2:50 pm

Tell me about it lol

When I was younger on holiday there was an electric fire and it was all made of metal. I was so fascinated by it and I wanted to know how it worked. I had a good look at it then decided that I wanted to know what it would feel like warming up.

So I put a finger on the electric bar and switched it on (the switch was also metal) and guess what.... I got a huge electric shock.

well...DUH!! !!

Hindsight is great aint it :lol:

Lygophile
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Jun 2007, 3:09 pm

Shredders are fun, no question about it.

Look here for videos of industrial shredders shredding everything from aluminum cans to cars.

Scramjet
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

02 Jun 2007, 3:26 pm

You should see those shredders made for embassies and the like: They're driven by a combustion engine, and will happily chew up a whole ring binder with metal parts, cardboard, several hundred pages and all -- and probablu go >Belch!< afterwards... :twisted:

alexbeetle
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2007, 3:38 pm

I want a shredder now

It might look like I'm doing nothing, but at the cellular level I'm really quite busy.

Airbrush
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Jun 2007, 3:46 pm

When i was little, my dad always shredded junk mail and other old and used paper sheets he didn`t need. So i sat and shredded 5 foot tall piles of paper for hours and hours. So much fun.
Oh the good old times :)