Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2018, 4:36 pm

Darmok wrote:
Skilpadde wrote:
Lovely turtle species :heart: :heart: :heart:

Welcome to America!

OMG, look at the size of that snapping turtle! :D Thanks for posting that, Darmok!

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

Dragnet
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2018, 4:39 pm

Corruption

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2018, 7:31 pm

like oil and water failing to mix.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2018, 7:53 am

5 subspecies of the grey wolf :heart:

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2018, 10:56 am

Kiprobalhato wrote:
comfy, beautifully styled and spacious automobiles 8) (before oil crisis)

And when the oil crisis hit:

Piobaire
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2018, 2:43 pm

Quote:
First thing that comes to mind when you think of America?

Death.

The US spends more on industrialized murder than the next 12 largest militaries combined, and has been at war for 222 out of the 234 years it's existed. US special forces are currently operating in 137 of the planet’s 194 countries. Since the end of WW II, America has killed more than 20,000,000 people in 37 countries, none of which by any stretch of the imagination represented an existential threat to the United States. Over 90% of the casualties of modern warfare are civilians. During the last ten years, 2 million children have been killed, 4-5 million children disabled, 12 million children left homeless, more than one million children orphaned, and 10 million children psychologically traumatized.
Meanwhile at home, while we spend over half of our discretionary budget on killing (and want to shift another $54 billion to the military from things like Food Stamps, Meals on Wheels, School Lunch Programs, and Heating Oil Assistance to the Elderly);
1.6 million children in America are homeless.
400,540 American children are in foster care.
16.4 million American children live in poverty; one in five.
16 million American children struggle with hunger; one in five.
Every year, 3.8 million American children are victims of child abuse.
1,640 are killed.
Every year, 10,000 American children are shot.
2,600 of them are killed.
More Americans have been shot to death by one another since 1968 than have been killed in all of America's wars combined.
America (which just reneged on the Paris Climate Accord and instituted a 30% tariff on solar panels) makes up 4.3% of the global population, but creates 26% of greenhouse gasses, driving anthropogenic climate change and the concomitant Anthropocene Mass Extinction Event, which will certainly result in the very near future in a Malthusian Check to the homo sapiens beyond most human comprehension, perhaps even extinction as a species.

America is the 'Evil Empire'.

Last edited by Piobaire on 29 Jan 2018, 3:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2018, 3:10 pm

Great national songs wickedly appropriated by nefarious monarchists for their nefarious monarchistic purposes. :mrgreen:

There Are Four Lights!

Piobaire
Veteran
Veteran

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2018, 5:05 pm

This song:

RainbowUnion
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2018, 3:36 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
Mass shootings every week. Although the most recent one only about five or six people were killed this time. Must have been a slow day.

Gun culture.

Obesity.

The Bible Belt.

Geniuses going around with signs saying how god hates gay people.

Virtually everyone suffering from stress, anxiety, depression, but there so much stigma many people don't get the help they need.

Talking very loudly.

Refusing to believe in science or technology, but firmly that demons and ghosts and other stuff from the Middle Ages

All their money being green. Why is it only one color? Why is it that color? And what's with an Egyptian pyramid on an American bill? And what's with that creepy eye??

The Statue of Liberty, although it was really built by French people.

Huge, oversized portions of food, which must be really shocking to people from countries where they're lucky to get any food.

Overpaid celebrities with no skill or talent. Some celebs did have skill and talent at one time maybe, but Hollywood doesn't care anymore.

Reality TV.

Intelligence, skill, and creativity not being valued. The only thing people caring about that you're good at is organized sports, in which the payers are also highly overpaid. Although I think in Canada it's not much better.

Doctors being cold and showing any lack of caring or compassion to patients and basically treating them like customers at a store. Not to mention having to pay insane amounts of money for health care.

Really stupid and awful commercials. It doesn't matter how "cute" you make a human toe look by drawing a little face on it and giving it a kickboxing helmet and gloves, toenail fungus is ugly and gross!

Racist cops and police brutality.

Importing products to Canada that display labels saying "proudly made in the USA". I would rather buy something made in China.

Hot dogs and Hamburgers being considered "American" food, even though they were originally created in other countries. Same goes for apple pie.

That story where a young George Washington chopped down his father's cherry tree, and his father forgiving him because he didn't lie about it. Things sure have changed since George was a kid.

The common misconception that George Washington had false teeth made of wood. They were actually made of things like elephant and hippo ivory, and teeth pulled from his slaves.

Uncle Sam

Spending tons of money on war, while ignoring people living in poverty in their country and even blaming them for their situation.

Over the top political correctness and censorship.

The Boston Christmas Tree. It's a tree that actually gets donated from Nova Scotia every year to Boston for their tree-lighting party every year, as way of showing thanks for people in Boston helping the survivors of the Halifax Explosion by sending blankets and other supplies. It was nice that they actually did that, but not long ago they decided the Boston Christmas Tree should be called a "Holiday" tree, and the farmer who donated it that year said he'd rather put the tree into the wood chipper than hear it being called that.

Grim, dark, fear-mongering attack ads during the elections. Last year while visiting my parents I told my mother I had seen an ad opposing Donald Trump that left me unsettled and had trouble sleeping the night before. She told me not to worry, he would never be elected...

:roll:

The pyramid has something to do with most of the Founding Fathers being Free Masons I believe.

OK, I do agree with most of what you say, but are you a Canadian who just sits around thinking of reasons you hate the US all day long? I've encountered them before and it gets old after awhile.

And Washingtons dentures were made of walrus ivory. Where did you get teeth from his slaves? I would seriously like to see a link to back that up.

"It must be understood, that neither by word nor deed had I given Fortunato cause to doubt my good-will. I continued as was my wont, to smile in his face, and he did not perceive that my smile was at the thought of his immolation."

Edgar Allan Poe, The Cask of Amontillado

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2018, 4:08 pm

St. Louis

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2018, 4:18 pm

Hate.
Racism.