Page 1 of 5 [ 78 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2015, 11:21 pm

...when you're nervous or zoned out?

I was worrying about talking to my doctor, so I decided to calm down by watching youtube videos. Once I got to youtube.com, I started typing "youtube" into the youtube search bar! I was about to search for youtube on youtube, lol.

Last edited by starkid on 19 Apr 2015, 11:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2015, 11:31 pm

Spending several minutes looking for my glasses, before I realized I was wearing them.

:lol:

Dreamsphere
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Apr 2015, 1:18 am

This morning i spent like 5min looking through the drawers in my kitchen for my can opener, was just about to give up then i realized it was sitting on the table in front of me the whole time...

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2015, 1:20 am

My life is a series of stupid things I do, but sometimes, I do smart things too.

Booyakasha
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2015, 3:36 am

DeepHour wrote:
Spending several minutes looking for my glasses, before I realized I was wearing them.

:lol:

I do that too :lol:

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2015, 5:03 am

If I'm stuck in a social situation or a conversation while getting social burnout, and not feeling relaxed, I will start to not be able to make the connections between what someone says in regard to what either of us have just been talking about.

For example, we might be talking about the weather and they will say it's a nice day, but I'll say it feels a bit chilly for me, then they might say something else, then come back to the weather and say "So was yesterday more like warmer for you?"

And I will completely blank and think it's a non-sequitur, and wonder why they're asking me that -- even though it was not long ago that we were discussing weather and temperature. I do this all the time when not entirely relaxed -- fail to put together connections in the conversation. I even do it for movies too -- fail to understand why something is being said or is happening in relation to what we've already been shown or told as a reason why. :?

I guess it's a lot to do with short term memories not getting "laid down" when under stress, but this is like really short term stuff!

Amity
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2015, 5:22 am

I have a few examples :oops: , but the time I slammed a car door shut onto my hand, while having a stressful conversation was mind boggling. I was speaking as I was looking at my hand, watching the door close in on it, but it did not occur to me to move my hand in time.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2015, 7:14 am

Amity wrote:
I have a few examples :oops: , but the time I slammed a car door shut onto my hand, while having a stressful conversation was mind boggling. I was speaking as I was looking at my hand, watching the door close in on it, but it did not occur to me to move my hand in time.

Oh, God, I've done that----watch a catastrophe happen, when I had plenty of time to avoid it----like, watch something fall and break, when I could've caught it.

Some of my most "famous" ones, are.....

More than once I've opened an envelope of instant oatmeal, and thrown the oatmeal in the trash, and put the envelope in my bowl! GOD, that ticks-me-off!! LOL

One time, I called the phone company and told them that I paid my bill, in full, last month, and asked them why it didn't say "Amount owed: 0", this month. I got quite angry, and said something like: "I keep sending you money every month, and it never says 'zero'----when is it gonna say 'zero'?" LOL I don't know WHAT I was thinking----and, this was just a few years, ago----it wasn't like I was 18, and never lived on my own / payed my own bills, before!

MollyTroubletail
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2015, 7:22 am

I used my entire grocery budget for the month on buying jalapeno poppers, which I am addicted to. Now I am living for the rest of the month without any food at all; but on the positive side I'm also losing weight I gained by eating jalapeno poppers. :roll:

Commander
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2015, 7:29 am

I jumble up words or misplace things. I'm very scatter brained like that

syzygyish
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2015, 7:45 am

I post on WP
:oops:

Commander
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2015, 7:47 am

syzygyish wrote:
I post on WP
:oops:

Well that's the game. Hum bugged everyone here so no need trying to top that. Only the most basic of baseless could top that

syzygyish
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2015, 8:13 am

i donnt doo that
but somnetimew I do

syzygyish
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2015, 8:22 am

Campin_Cat wrote:
Amity wrote:

Oh, God, I've done that----watch a catastrophe happen, when I had plenty of time to avoid it----like, watch something fall and break, when I could've caught it.

Some of my most "famous" ones, are.....

More than once I've opened an envelope of instant oatmeal, and thrown the oatmeal in the trash, and put the envelope in my bowl! GOD, that ticks-me-off!! LOL

One time, I called the phone company and told them that I paid my bill, in full, last month, and asked them why it didn't say "Amount owed: 0", this month. I got quite angry, and said something like: "I keep sending you money every month, and it never says 'zero'----when is it gonna say 'zero'?" LOL I don't know WHAT I was thinking----and, this was just a few years, ago----it wasn't like I was 18, and never lived on my own / payed my own bills, before!

OMG
Your hand can hold things!

Iamaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2015, 11:07 am

I always speak without thinking and end up hurting the ones I love. Everyone I love I miss either due to cancer or them leaving me.

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2015, 11:13 am

Many, many years ago before recycling had even started up, when you just threw away things like yoghurt pots, I'm pretty sure the manner in which I lost one of my nice spoons (part of my flatware set, not a plastic one) was that I put my finished yoghurt pot into my kitchen trash bin....complete with the spoon I had used to eat it, still in the pot...

The reason I suspect that's how my spoon went missing was because I caught myself about to do this again around the same time period, and went "Ohhhhh......now I see what probably happened...."