Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2019, 1:49 pm

Well wife was expecting a package. My driveway is around 800 feet long and goes across a creek. Everything was fine until after noon, then the rain caused the creek to climb. The water went up about 2 feet over the driving bridge. It had moved a log onto the driving bridge. So I went down and tried to move the log off the bridge. I was making progress, when the Fed Ex truck showed up.

I have a walking bridge that is 4 feet higher than the driving bridge. So I told my dog to STAY and I walked across the walking bridge to greet the delivery man. Now my dog is not one to listen. So before I could get across, he tried to get to the other side but the water was moving too fast and pulled him into the creek. So I hurried across and called him from the shoreline. He saw me and began to swim towards me. I got as close as I could to try and drag him up out of the creek but then I slid into the creek. Eventually I and the dog exited the creek. I was very soaked. It looked like the Fed Ex guy was also planning to try and rescue.

Anyways I got the package. The Fed Ex man told me all the nearby roads were underwater. And then he left. So I ordered my dog to stay and I took the package to the other side of the bridge. Well the dog does what the dog wants to do. And he tried to follow me. He got swept away again. But he was swimming against the rapid and not veering to the side. So he was definitely going under. I went back to the other side of the bridge and kept calling him. Eventually he reoriented himself and swam back to the shore.

So we are both drenched. I am also stuck. If I try to go home, the dog will follow and drown. If I stay, the wait will be several hours for the water level to go back down. I have a cold and this will only exasperate my health. So I decide to take him across the walking bridge. He is more afraid of height than water, so I literally had to drag him across the walking bridge.

So I am a little worn out and I think a nice warm bath is in order.

Prometheus18
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2019, 1:58 pm

Best wishes to you, your wife and your lovely dog.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2019, 2:38 pm

Prometheus18 wrote:
Best wishes to you, your wife and your lovely dog.

Thanks. Warm bath was good.

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2019, 8:25 pm

^^^ You earned it! :D

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2019, 3:54 pm

Wow, glad to hear your dog is alright after that....

You've definitely earned a break. With your woofer!

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765