Post a Random Truth (About Your Cat)

Page 8 of 13 [ 200 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next

Alterity
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2019, 9:16 pm

All of my cats are a rescue of some kind.

One, Tomias, adopted us

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2019, 9:17 pm

My cat Friday is black and Jojo is a dark calico

CosmicRuss
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2019, 4:29 pm

When my cat was first introduced to the big outdoors, he used to run and try to catch big birds flying high that were far out of his reach. :D

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2019, 4:33 pm

Alterity,

All of my cats were rescues of one kind or another, too. Many of them went on to live very long lives, including some of our feral cats.

CosmicRuss
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2019, 6:23 pm

^ Aww I wish I had a home with a barn that I could fill with feral kitties. My last cat made it to 20, I was heartbroken when he died. :heart:

Alterity
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2019, 8:37 pm

IstominFan wrote:
Alterity,

All of my cats were rescues of one kind or another, too. Many of them went on to live very long lives, including some of our feral cats.

Some of past cats came from shelters but everyone else were abandoned, strays, or feral born. We had one that made 20.

If I had the funds I would entirely be a crazy cat lady...though my current 'personal' cat wouldn't like that, he get REALLY jealous.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2019, 8:55 am

My oldest male cat lived to be eighteen and my oldest female cat made it to 20.

graceksjp
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2019, 9:44 am

Mine thinks he's a dog

(He comes when I call, sits on command, begs at the table, joins the other dogs at dinner time, eats dog treats, etc)

KingExplosionMurder
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Mar 2019, 10:33 am

All of my cats like being tapped on the butt. (not their butt HOLE, the space just above their tail). It's cute.

Two of my cats drink water from the faucet in the bathtub.

One of my cats plays fetch. He also likes belly rubs and he will grab your hands and kick you with his back legs when he's being playful.

One of my cats will sit on top of me while I'm sleeping and lick my face if they need to be fed.

One of my cats opens my drawers and sleeps in them.

Yes, that is a total of six cats by the way... three of them aren't technically ours but that's a long story.

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2019, 11:14 am

He's so jealous and possessive! Scared off a lot of feral cats from here!

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2019, 6:24 pm

The other day my older cat, Lucky, was sitting on my desk. Suddenly I sneezed loudly, and it made her leap a couple of feet off the desk and into an open drawer in the filing cabinet next to the desk.

Some people say cats startle too easily, but I like to think they just have lightening-quick reflexes. :)

Alterity
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2019, 10:55 pm

My cats have various nicknames. They all happen to have a food related one :jester:

komamanga
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2019, 7:42 am

CosmicRuss wrote:
^ Oh I hope she has recovered, cats seem to be susceptible to tooth and gum issues unfortunately. :cry:

She is eating passionately so I don't think she is in much pain. But the vet said that she hadn't recovered fully yet. Will take her to the vet again on Wednesday. :(

IstominFan wrote:
komamanga,

Does your cat have stomatitis? Two of my cats had a severe case of it.

I don't know... The vet said that she had inflammation and her teeth were rotten. I wouldn't have realized it though if I hadn't found one of her tooth in her food bowl because she kept on eating as usual.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2019, 7:21 pm

My cat loves climbing on me and purring. :heart:

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

CosmicRuss
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2019, 11:54 pm

komamanga wrote:
CosmicRuss wrote:
^ Oh I hope she has recovered, cats seem to be susceptible to tooth and gum issues unfortunately. :cry:

She is eating passionately so I don't think she is in much pain. But the vet said that she hadn't recovered fully yet. Will take her to the vet again on Wednesday. :(
Still eating is a very good indication she'll be getting there with her recovery. All the best of luck on Wednesday for the appointment

komamanga
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2019, 7:23 pm

CosmicRuss wrote:
komamanga wrote:
CosmicRuss wrote:

Still eating is a very good indication she'll be getting there with her recovery. All the best of luck on Wednesday for the appointment