Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2022, 12:27 pm

I don't know why but I get mesmerized by brightly-coloured objects, particularly toys. I don't want to play with toys like a child, but I wish I could collect really brightly-coloured toys, just to look at or touch when I'm feeling blue (no pun intended).

I also wish I could buy the old toy kitchen I had when I was little. It mostly consisted of the 4 "main" colours; blue, red, green and yellow, and so did the pots and pans that came with it. But at the same time...nah, as I'd probably never look at it after once and it'd just be a waste of purchase.

But I still love colours. I love drawing and designing colours of clothing items on paper. I just love colours. Colours make me feel upbeat and cheerful.

Can anyone relate?

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2022, 1:21 pm

Joe90 wrote:
Can anyone relate?

In a way, yes.
Freight trains with colorful cars, both real and model.
My favorite aisle at Walmart is the spray paint aisle.
But the laundry detergent aisle takes colorful WAY too far!
When as a child I went with parents to home decorating stores I would collect one each of all the paint sample cards.

And, of course, there are ...

PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2022, 1:59 pm

I am a drab, sensible adult, who only owns drab, sensible adult things in drab, sensible adult colours such as these. Ahem.

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2022, 2:08 pm

PhosphorusDecree wrote:
I am a drab, sensible adult, who only owns drab, sensible adult things in drab, sensible adult colours such as these. Ahem.

:D If anything in life were ever truly sensible it would be LEGO.