Page 47 of 56 [ 890 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 ... 56  Next

Yakuzamonroe
Toucan
Toucan

02 Nov 2019, 8:03 pm

I continually devalue myself for bad, or even no, reason and I'm realizing, however slowly, that I'm a decent bloke that just needs to let go. Of what? Well, a lot of things. Perfection. Other's opinions. The need to "make something of myself" even though, in some way I have.

Sure, I do need to improve, but sometimes, you just have to admit you're good enough.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2019, 4:16 am

Bought three batteries on Ebay for my ancient T42 Thinkpad laptop. Only cost £13, including delivery, for the lot, so wasn't expecting miracles (they were described as 'opened but unused'). One of them won't charge at all, and the other two give around 15 minutes of use. Should have known better than to buy from a vendor calling himself 'Issac Cox' (think about it....).

:evil:

Sahn
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2019, 4:31 am

DeepHour wrote:
Bought three batteries on Ebay for my ancient T42 Thinkpad laptop. Only cost £13, including delivery, for the lot, so wasn't expecting miracles (they were described as 'opened but unused'). One of them won't charge at all, and the other two give around 15 minutes of use. Should have known better than to buy from a vendor calling himself 'Issac Cox' (think about it....).

:evil:
I can't seem to copy this link, but....

HOW TO RESTORE A DEAD BATTERY

Here's the procedure very succinctly:
Step 1: Take your battery out and place it in a sealed Ziploc or plastic bag.
Step 2: Go ahead and put the bag into your freezer and leave it there for about 12 hours. ...
Step 3: Once you take it out, remove the plastic bag and let the battery warm up until it reaches room temperature.
More items...
How to Restore a Dead or Dying Laptop Battery - Online Tech Tips
https://www.online-tech-tips.com › how-t...

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2019, 4:55 am

^^^thank you for that info, i'll have to note it. :idea:

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2019, 4:57 am

^ Thanks, I'll look into that!

The question of opening a case against the vendor might not be quite so simple. The batteries are original IBM ones, and haven't been manufactured for this model for at least 10-12 years, so it could be argued that I ought to have been aware of the risks of deterioration (which I was, I suppose).

The £20-25 modern replacement versions of this battery are mainly cheap Chinese ones, and my experience of them is that they're not all that great either., though I did buy one that gives around 1.75 hours' use before cutting out without warning at about the 10%-15% level.

I've actually just managed to get 49 minutes out of one of the rogue batteries, after charging it a few times, so maybe there's a bit of hope yet...

Sahn
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2019, 5:40 am

DeepHour wrote:
^ Thanks, I'll look into that!

The question of opening a case against the vendor might not be quite so simple. The batteries are original IBM ones, and haven't been manufactured for this model for at least 10-12 years, so it could be argued that I ought to have been aware of the risks of deterioration (which I was, I suppose).

The £20-25 modern replacement versions of this battery are mainly cheap Chinese ones, and my experience of them is that they're not all that great either., though I did buy one that gives around 1.75 hours' use before cutting out without warning at about the 10%-15% level.

I've actually just managed to get 49 minutes out of one of the rogue batteries, after charging it a few times, so maybe there's a bit of hope yet...

I have a Thinkpad too, in a similar situation, poor quality battery to start with IMO

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2019, 2:15 pm

Yesterday was Daylight Savings Time, so once again I had to listen to all about about how horrible it is. You'd think people would be happy with "falling back" at least, since they can get an extra hour of sleep and the daytime doesn't feel as short.

I guess when anything bad happens on the day we move our clocks and for at least a week afterwards, it's because of daylight savings time, no matter what it is.

Today I was paying for my groceries when I noticed my now-empty shopping cart had suddenly disappeared. Somebody must have taken it, I guess, and I had to go and get a new one so I could put my paid groceries in them. Must be from Daylight Savings Time. :roll:

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2019, 2:49 pm

Noisy machinery outside again :x

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2019, 7:45 pm

Some idiot emailed me the wrong directions and I just happened to read it carefully enough

The pharmacy delayed the prescription

Feeling particularly clinically depressed today

A lil itchy. That could be a good thing

Ate way too much last night

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2019, 11:21 pm

damned water company mailed my water bill late resulting in late fees. a racket. similarly for the VA which without warning cancelled my upcoming eye appointment because the eye doc and them can't see eye to eye.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2019, 11:24 am

Pencils that come with erasers on top that not only fail to erase a mistake but leave a pink smear on your paper.
It's like they do it on purpose because making mistakes is always wrong, even when you try to correct them. :roll:

And then there are the pencils where the lead breaks from inside the pencil as soon as you try to write with it, so you sharpen it, but then it breaks again, and again, and before you know it I HAVE WASTED HALF MY DAY, ALL BECAUSE OF AN *EXPLETIVE* PENCIL!!

I'm okay... I'm okay... :lol:

But seriously, as someone who has spent a lot of her time drawing and writing, this has been the bane of my existence. I always try to buy quality pencils that don't have this problem. And pens. Don't even get me started on pens.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2019, 11:41 pm

Itchy

Ate too much as usual

Bowel movement straining

Feel bloated

The government accounting job has a test , the same day as neuropsychological evaluation

Almost all other days, nothing scheduled

s**t

My one stupidass "friend" used to hang out with me twice a week and now just once every couple of weeks s**t. Feel left out but "beggars can't be choosers"

Don't want to be that b*****s friend anymore

She talks too much and enthusiastically

Laughs at the wrong thing

"Cool" and "sucks" judgmental as f**k s**t

"Why" this and "why" that

Anxiety going haywire

Feel like going to drop dead soon but felt this way before and still alive but whatever s**t

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2019, 1:57 am

Things that exist only because humans beings are stupid: :doh:

Anti-vaxxers

Flat-Earthers

Warning labels on packages of peanuts telling you that it contains peanuts

And of course, if somebody who was allergic did happen to eat the peanuts, they can totally sue if there was no warning only because it didn't tell them *not* to eat them.

Warning labels telling you not to stop dangerous equipment with your genitals like WTH? 8O

Apparently when Febreeze first came out, it had no scent. The whole point of it was to neutralize bad odors instead of covering them up with a supposedly pleasant scent. But people are so used of the stink of their homes that they couldn't tell if the smells were gone or not. So they added different scents so the product would sell. Of course, most of them smell even worse than whatever household odors are perfuming the air.

Car commercials that show a person driving normally on a normal street, and the warning STILL says: professional driver on closed course, do not attempt.

"Ask your doctor" ads, where they list about 50 scary and horrible sounding side-effects, most of them sounding worse than whatever ailment they're supposed to treat. I once even saw an ad for people with eye irritation from allergies where one of the possible side effects was glaucoma or cataracts. Seriously??

Anti-vaxxers thinking diseases are harmless because their common names are funny, like mumps and measles and chicken pox. I had pink eye one time. The color pink is supposed to be cute and feminine, but there's nothing cute about have inflamed, itchy bloodshot eyes full of gunk that glue your eyelashes together. :eew:

Reality TV.

Quack doctor alternative "medicine". Essential oils, arrrrgh!!

People trying to transform their naturally carnivorous pets into vegans.

And when I was younger I used see toy commercials like Barbie, where she's shown moving in stop-motion animation at the start of the commercial, and then it would tell her she doesn't walk or move on her own.

And then there was that ad for the game Guess Who, where they showed the characters on the cards talking, and then it says at the end, "Game cards do not actually talk". (if they did, you probably needed professional help)

Of course, if you're one of the few humans who are not stupid (like most people on WP), then your intelligence has just been completely insulted by such things. :)

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2019, 7:49 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
Kiki1256 wrote:
The cold weather. It wouldn’t be so bad except the temperature on a normal day has dropped 40 degrees Fahrenheit in just two months! A very abrupt fall season for sure!

Where I live the weather has been fluctuating from cold to warm days to cold, the temperature dropping 40 degrees over a period of two months sounds like an improvement to that. It's dropped like 40 degrees over-night a couple of times here. But the reason it annoys me is because if anything causes me to get a cold its a sudden change in temperature.

What happened to fall .?
Maybe the dinosaurs had to go through this too. Friggin global warning type thing . Full on snow in 3 days predicted by weather people . Already had a flurry or 2 in last 2 weeks .Think this hi/ lo pressure weather shift . Causes some lousey effects on alotta people .
My barometer is getting a workout. Incredible temperature shifts.

where ever you go ,there you are

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2019, 9:52 am

The penis told me that an unwanted visitor is coming today, for a couple of days

The visitor is loud, rude, arrogant

Helpless vulnerable fragile

The penis told me that it is hiring someone to move in and "take care". Of it. :twisted: sexually :twisted: .

Ass hole

Gave up on "life" a long time ago

Keep gorging every single day s**t

Brain feels out of whack

No hope for the future s**t

Nobody will hire me and when they do, fired

Ass holes

Monday and Tuesday, when I was trying to sit at the bus stop , the same idiots came. Too many of them, too loud, smoking, trying to talk to me

They were just trying to be social.

Manipulative arrogant judgmental entitled homophobic impatient calloused ass holes please do not "be true to yourself"

f**k mister redelings

Penis keeps kicking me out of the bathroom

Itchy

The penis keeps ordering me around like a slave s**t

Worried about $$$$

Idiots talk to me condescendingly

graceksjp
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2019, 11:36 am

This one professor I have apparently hates all the work I give her because I KNOW I nailed this last assignment but she gave me a low grade.
Its the lowest grade Ive gotten all semester and its only because this assignment was literally based on her opinion. But because its worth so much, its pulled my grade down to an A- and its going to keep me from my 4.0 this semester! :x