Page 55 of 56 [ 890 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56  Next

traven
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2020, 2:23 am

just a nagging annoyance,
brother wants to know about ds financial whereabouts
idk he never told me his, well i can make a guess (mil-it engeneer)
questions be often the inquisition or something
i know there be talks behind the scene

answerring without answerring is the answer,
panic somewhat
and let it linger too long to answer anyway
- probably

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2020, 1:42 pm

The temperature today is over 31 C. If this is how the whole summer is going to be like I may as hibernate until Thanksgiving in October. If I actually have something to be thankful for by then.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2020, 2:31 pm

I've suddenly realized that Søren Aabye Kierkegaard was as must of a narcissist as he was a nihilist. What a bummer; finding out that one of the supposedly greatest philosophers of all time was little more than a glorified "emo".

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2020, 4:12 am

Why would mom had to drag me to the village hall to figure the CCTV not able to keep any records? Why can't someone else?

But that's what happened. They moved their setups.
Only for me to figure that, there's monitoring but no surveillance records because there's no storage drive hooked onto.

So I asked where it's storage drive -- only to find that they're clueless about it.
:| We investigated a bit, only to find that there were changes when the setup was moved. They didn't knew the subsequent loss of storage and backup until one realized that the change neglected memory storage exists...

:x And so, the replaced thing that was formerly hooked up with a storage was said to be broken.
So I've inquired if it's removable or moveble. They had no idea either, and I'm not gonna touch any equipment other than the mouse.

I left right after. Think of the consequences in local security matters... Oh well, they're grown men and women. :skull:

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2020, 12:54 am

Videos being removed from YouTube for 'copyright' reasons.

Digital F****** Rights Management, 'Intellectual Property' and all the rest of it is extremely dubious IMO. The claim that someone legally 'owns' an idea? Come on!

Richard Stallman is a very strange guy, but I can't help having a certain regard for him.

:pirat:

collectoritis
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2020, 4:26 am

That people like David Tadman rip off and exploit Bruce Lee fans with fake memorabilia for yrs , theres a sgd martial arts manual on ebay now , its prolly forged by him :evil:

collectoritis
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2020, 4:29 am

If you send plot ideas to EON re : 007 then theyre legally not allowed to use them

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2020, 1:45 pm

I'm annoyed that I can't go down to the beach during the hot weather without being shamed or being at risk of passing on or catching stupid COVID19.

I'm annoyed that we've passed the summer solstice and now the nights will be getting longer from now on (actually I'm not annoyed, I'm just depressed about it).

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2020, 1:59 pm

Itchy

Exhausted

Off leash dogs

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2020, 5:49 pm

I'm stuck on writing a thesis that is due this Monday.

However, I will look at my notes again and try to finish my thesis later.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2020, 12:58 pm

Spent half the afternoon upgrading a laptop to Windows 10 Pro, with the intention of using it as a gaming machine, only to find that the Win 10 game recording function refused to work, apparently because the laptop's graphics chip isn't up to the job.

Grrrr....

Last edited by DeepHour on 29 Jun 2020, 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2020, 1:11 pm

I'm annoyed how members can find ways to break rules without breaking them. Splitting hairs they do. "I didn't say you were stupid, I said what you wrote is stupid." Yeah if I pulled s**t like that as a child to an adult, big trouble. My mouth would be slapped or I would be sent to the stairs. At school it would have been kept inside for recess or in school detention. Forum admins and mods buy into this BS and the offender gets away with it.

I'm also annoyed at what Onlyfans is doing right now and the fact you gotta wait 7 day for payment to process before you can withdraw.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

KT67
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2020, 7:50 am

Women keep DMing me after midnight for long conversations...

I want to go to sleep.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2020, 8:56 am

League_Girl wrote:
I'm annoyed how members can find ways to break rules without breaking them. Splitting hairs they do. "I didn't say you were stupid, I said what you wrote is stupid." Yeah if I pulled s**t like that as a child to an adult, big trouble. My mouth would be slapped or I would be sent to the stairs. At school it would have been kept inside for recess or in school detention. Forum admins and mods buy into this BS and the offender gets away with it.

Funny, when adults attempted to 'punish' me in those situations, I retaliated because I was right, they were wrong and I was just as capable of inflicting punishment and I was far more willing to escalate if the message wasn't understood the first time around.

People develop a sense of which battles are worth fighting on principle and which ones will just pull them into endless involvements in pettiness that their involvement only serves to escalate. The mods already have to deal with being perceived as unfair in some circles (circles with quite vocal posters), they'd likely prefer to be perceived as fair in some circles and not take on the additional stress that dealing more pro-actively with the behaviour you describe LG.

Since the petty underhanded insults and snarks you describe are widely distributed but not evenly distributed it would be like trying to go after more than half of the forum with those people both resisting as well as likely trying to use the mods as weapons against posters who they perceive as still getting away with it.

How much additional stress would you take on for no compensation?
I wouldn't take on that job for less than I get paid doing my current horrible job, even though moderating a forum I use from home on the surface seems like a dream job (wow, get paid to read something I already read).

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2020, 12:45 pm

I went to the mall with my mother yesterday and had to put on hand sanitizer before going into every store I went in. The stores supplied it, but it made my hands feel sticky and gross. I couldn't wait to wash it off when I got home.

I don't think it's healthy to be putting on that much sanitizer. You're also destroying healthy bacteria on your skin and I bet it's cancer-causing. but then what isn't these days? :roll:

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2020, 5:34 pm

The mail carrier keeps delivering mail meant for other people in the apartment building to "my" door for some reason. This is the second week in a row I had to bring a parcel over to the door of whomever ordered it myself. What's even more annoying is that when I saw the parcel on my doorstep from my upstairs window I got excited because I though it was something I had ordered, but when I rushed downstairs I found out it is not. :(

I guess Canada Post will just blame this on Covid-19. Ah no, because they've been delivering other people's mail to me for over two decades since I moved into my apartment.