Page 45 of 56 [ 890 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 56  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2019, 11:36 am

I wish we had loony bus drivers like that.

Most of the time, the bus driver won't even respond to you if you ask directions.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2019, 11:42 am

^ That's what it's like in London. If you speak to the driver, he (or she) will just blank you. Not nice perhaps, but it does make for shorter journey times. Up here, some passengers still pay their fare in cash, and there are endless delays while they sort out their money, wait for the driver to find the right change, etc. Some of them then start asking the driver things like where the bus is going to.... :evil:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2019, 11:57 am

I don't mind it if a bus driver rant about intellectual things---as long as he/she keeps his/her eye on the road.

Nydcat
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

18 Oct 2019, 12:34 pm

DeepHour wrote:
^ That's what it's like in London. If you speak to the driver, he (or she) will just blank you. Not nice perhaps, but it does make for shorter journey times. Up here, some passengers still pay their fare in cash, and there are endless delays while they sort out their money, wait for the driver to find the right change, etc. Some of them then start asking the driver things like where the bus is going to.... :evil:

Where I live, unless they changed it, it's exact change only if you want to pay in change.

Yakuzamonroe
Toucan
Toucan

18 Oct 2019, 1:19 pm

At myself for not thinking I'm good enough thinking 'normal' was ever a thing and the time I wasted trying to fit in that definition.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2019, 1:29 pm

Someone on WP being jealous and whiny that a younger relative of theirs is getting married.

Someone else on WP saying only sociopaths don't need to be in a relationship.

If that makes me a sociopath, then I'd better go show it by finding some babies to nuke in my microwave. :roll:

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2019, 3:29 am

Nydcat wrote:
DeepHour wrote:

Where I live, unless they changed it, it's exact change only if you want to pay in change.

When I last lived in London (which is admittedly over 12 years ago), pretty much everyone who boarded a bus paid with an Oyster Card. I recall reading a few years ago that all forms of cash payment were to be abolished. From what you say though, that maybe wasn't fully carried out.

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2019, 6:53 am

The hospital put off my mum's knee surgery for another month, AGAIN.

If she gets it done on 18th Nov like they've rescheduled to, she will now spend Christmas stuck at home convalescing.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2019, 10:28 pm

Can't figure out how to change the phone password

Stupidass b***h waited until I finished gorging and acted like she was so innocent and offered me oranges

Get out of my house b***h

Bowel movement

graceksjp
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2019, 12:00 am

Its 1am and my roommate is wide awake and having a LOUD conversation with a friend she has over in our SHARED bedroom despite me being at a show all day in being exhausted and she has the lights on and wont SHUT THE F UP

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2019, 12:26 am

I had just lost the cap to a marker I was using, so I started looking for it, and then I found the cap but now I can't find the marker.

You know, sometimes I think other objects besides toys, like in Toy Story, are alive, but unlike toys, which are usually lovable and want to make us happy, other objects are usually huge jerks that want to annoy us for no good reason. :lol:

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2019, 12:57 am

DeepHour wrote:

Here, if a bus driver blanked you it is considered a sackable offense as it is extremely rude. A similar rudeness if someone says hello if walking through the street and you didn't say hello back. I don't know how people can live in London with all those people and be so rude to each other? Here when it is too crowded to say hello we just smile instead if we see another person being friendly.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2019, 1:03 am

I am not really annoyed... But I relaxed and almost slept on the sofa. I wasn't exactly asleep, but I was a bit too sleepy for a while to go to bed. However, at around 3 to 4 am I went to go upstairs. I felt I needed the loo, and am still here on it at 0702am with no sleep... It is coming out soo slow. Have I been eating glue or something? Grrr! At least it's moving!

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2019, 9:58 am

I've been on WP for only about two minutes and already I've read a blatantly misogynistic thread posted by a genius.

Wrong Planet is very misogynistic. It's a fact. And it's gotten much worse since a certain fat orange piece of trash got elected. Have a lovely day. :roll:

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2019, 10:07 am

If I turn up the squelch on my scanner to block the EMI from my computer, I can't hear radio calls from the work crew outside.

If I turn the squelch down far enough to hear the work crew, then the computer EMI overloads the scanner and all I can hear is noise.

If I move the scanner far enough away from the computer to eliminate the EMI effect, then I have to turn it up loud enough to bother everyone else near my office.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2019, 10:10 am

lostonearth35 wrote:
I've been on WP for only about two minutes and already I've read a blatantly misogynistic thread posted by a genius.

Wrong Planet is very misogynistic. It's a fact. And it's gotten much worse since a certain fat orange piece of trash got elected. Have a lovely day. :roll:

I'm sorry that has happened. Really. :(