Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

TheDoctor82
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2012, 3:15 am

I recently watched a short piece he did in the late '60s before doing Sesame Street. It was called "Muppets on Puppets".

While I was watching it...I couldn't get over how he talks about puppets. As I was even telling my room-mate...he doesn't talk about them just like some guy who's really into puppets; he talks about them like he knows the complete insides and outs...in a way that someone who's Autistic would.

Feel free to check it out yourselves: [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUdJVsDpGTI[/youtube]

But that's not all; check out some photos of Jim Henson, and look at his eyes. He has the stare.

And in just watching a short portion of the video again myself...he seems to have many mannerisms that are consistent with Autism, from my experience.

What do you folks think?

pastafarian
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2012, 3:30 am

you made me right, but not from this video

To me, he talks about puppets as a guy who is into puppets?
or as a teacher, teaching you about puppets, or anyone who bothers to go into some substance, rather than a superficial pass on anything.

Thats not autism. Its old fashioned learning.

arielhawksquill
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2012, 5:10 am

I've thought that about Jim Henson before, too.

muppetfan05
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Dec 2017, 10:08 pm

definitely. i have autism and i love the Muppets and my aunt says that is because we are connected aspies. also, i watched the fraggle rock wrap party on my special features disk on the 4th season, when Richard hunt introduced him, he seemed really nervous. the best part is when he got onstage he opened up with "Hey! This is convincing john!"