Page 2 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2017, 6:28 pm

But with ceilidhs (Celtic folk music festivals). :-) yeah, pretty neat.

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."
-- Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2017, 11:35 pm

ah, I seen it now :o THANK YOU ALLL for the LOVE :heart:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2017, 11:38 pm

there is a Scottish musical lady named Evelyn Glennie, who [despite being stone deaf] speaks with the most lovely burr.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2017, 11:40 pm

I would love to kick my heels up at a Ceilidh.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2017, 11:42 pm

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2017, 10:16 am

auntblabby wrote:
ah, I seen it now :o THANK YOU ALLL for the LOVE :heart:

Guid tae see ye, laddie. 'tisnae fin haein a pairtie in yer honor whin ye didnae ken we wur.

Fur Raleigh, noo: tis a ceilidh flash mob :-) (t'would be me in th' black jaiket 'n' backpack, if wishin' made it sae, och aye.)

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2017, 1:23 am

what is needed is a thingie that says phonetically how to talk stereotypically Scottish. :idea:

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2017, 2:10 am

I used to have a computer program that would translate ordinary language into Valley Girl.

It was pretty boring, though.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2017, 2:13 am

kokopelli wrote:
I used to have a computer program that would translate ordinary language into Valley Girl.

I imagine that part of it was some kinda editorial statement on the part of the programmers.

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2017, 2:41 am

auntblabby wrote:
kokopelli wrote:

I imagine that part of it was some kinda editorial statement on the part of the programmers.

I think that you are probably right about that.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2017, 2:55 am

sneaky people ;)

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2017, 3:41 am

Hmmm. This website has a variety of translations include Swedish Chef: https://www.cs.utexas.edu/~jbc/home/chef.html

Let's see.

This is from a speech by President Trump:

Quote:
I am here tonight to lay out our path forward in Afghanistan and South Asia. But before I provide the details of our new strategy, I want to say a few words to the servicemembers here with us tonight, to those watching from their posts, and to all Americans listening at home.

Since the founding of our republic, our country has produced a special class of heroes whose selflessness, courage, and resolve is unmatched in human history.

American patriots from every generation have given their last breath on the battlefield for our nation and for our freedom. Through their lives -- and though their lives were cut short, in their deeds they achieved total immortality.

By following the heroic example of those who fought to preserve our republic, we can find the inspiration our country needs to unify, to heal, and to remain one nation under God.

In Swedish Chef, it comes out as:
Quote:
I em here-a tuneeght tu ley oooot oooor pet furverd in Effghuneestun und Suoot Eseea. Boot beffure-a I prufeede-a zee deteeels ooff oooor noo stretegy, I vunt tu sey a foo vurds tu zee serfeecemembers here-a veet us tuneeght, tu thuse-a vetcheeng frum zeeur pusts, und tu ell Emereecuns leestening et hume-a. Bork Bork Bork! Seence-a zee fuoondeeng ooff oooor repoobleec, oooor cuoontry hes prudooced a speceeel cless ooff herues vhuse-a selfflessness, cuoorege-a, und resulfe-a is unmetched in hoomun heestury. Bork Bork Bork! Emereecun petreeuts frum ifery genereshun hefe-a geefee zeeur lest breet oon zee bettleffeeeld fur oooor neshun und fur oooor freedum. Thruoogh zeeur leefes -- und thuoogh zeeur leefes vere-a coot shurt, in zeeur deeds zeey echeeefed tutel immurteleety. Bork Bork Bork! By fullooeeng zee herueec ixemple-a ooff thuse-a vhu fuooght tu preserfe-a oooor repoobleec, ve-a cun feend zee inspureshun oooor cuoontry needs tu uneeffy, tu heel, und tu remeeen oone-a neshun under Gud. Bork Bork Bork!

I don't guess it understands paragraphs.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2017, 3:51 am

BorkBorkBork! :mrgreen: the other white meat ;)

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2017, 7:37 am

:-) First you make the chocolate, and then you put it on the moose. :-)

Sounds better than haggis.

Finally had time to listen to Dame Glennie. Goodness, she is stunning! and she has an absolutely beautiful voice. (If you can think of the musical Brigadoon as serious music - I can, anytime Robert Goulet sang is worth taking seriously - she would have been a Fiona for the ages.)

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2017, 1:27 pm

I am amazed that she can speak as well as she does despite being stone deaf.

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2017, 2:21 pm

Esmerelda Weatherwax wrote:
:-) First you make the chocolate, and then you put it on the moose. :-)

Sounds better than haggis.

Finally had time to listen to Dame Glennie. Goodness, she is stunning! and she has an absolutely beautiful voice. (If you can think of the musical Brigadoon as serious music - I can, anytime Robert Goulet sang is worth taking seriously - she would have been a Fiona for the ages.)

I've never heard of Dame Glennie before. I wonder if she has any songs on youtube to listen to.