Can you tell where someone is from based on grooming, etc?

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

rvacountrysinger
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Jan 2018, 11:20 pm

In the US in particular .... I notice some sort of pattern with people and their grooming habits based on their regional identity. I like to travel some times . Based on my grooming and clothing style and I stand out when I was in Connecticut and New York, I had a lot of people ask me if I were from the South I don't know, maybe I favor the Southern Gentleman style. We're actually more formal in the South than the Northeast or upper Midwest. And I live in Virginia, which is definitely not the Deep South! But Hampden Sydney is the eptiome of Southern men's colleges, and its right here in our area. My street style is usually khaki trousers with belt and cowboy boots and some sort of button down shirt, some times a plaid western shirt with a nice sports coat. That is my casual style outside of that. I don't have facial hair, and my hairstyle is usually well trimmed but some times I sport "bama bangs". The Northern men really do dress and appear different, but I can't put my finger on it, and I'm not really a fashion expert its just the grooming style. I think a main thing like the Northern people seem to favor hoodies and a lot of baggy clothing- sweat pants,etc and wear a lot of dark colors, whereas Southern style is more brighter colored clothing and more tailored . But then again, maybe these are just stereotypes.