Page 30 of 148 [ 2207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 148  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 63,960
Location: Queens, NYC

21 Mar 2018, 8:47 am

Relatively well-mannered.

Polite in queues (lines).

Not very demonstrative in public.



Temeraire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Oct 2017
Age: 49
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,057
Location: Wiltshire, U.K.

21 Mar 2018, 10:16 am

Sorry Kraftie, I got waylaid by Earnesto Spinelli and his philosophical approach to counselling/psychotherapy.

I think we are probably a polite society in general but I do experience quite the opposite too often.

I am not very good a queuing even if my discomfort is held in to the point of semi-implosion.



kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 63,960
Location: Queens, NYC

21 Mar 2018, 11:20 am

On the Tube of London, people don't usually push you like they do in the subways of NYC.

It's more because people in NYC are in a hurry, rather than a desire or a proclivity to be rude.

The younger people tend to be more demonstrative in public; older folk tend to be quite reserved.

We'll probably get at least 30 cm of snow today in NYC. We might get closer to 40.



Temeraire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Oct 2017
Age: 49
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,057
Location: Wiltshire, U.K.

21 Mar 2018, 3:45 pm

Oh dear, I hope you manage to stay warm and get the car out ok.

I have had enough of snow - I am hoping this last lot was the end of it.

But I suspect we could get some more if you are still getting it.



Temeraire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Oct 2017
Age: 49
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,057
Location: Wiltshire, U.K.

22 Mar 2018, 4:44 am

What has happened to our beloved duo Ant and Dec?

Does Ant have mental health problems?



fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 3 Oct 2017
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,279
Location: England

22 Mar 2018, 7:38 am

Temeraire wrote:
What has happened to our beloved duo Ant and Dec?

Does Ant have mental health problems?
I think it's stress and alcohol problems, I could be wrong. I don't have much sympathy over drunk driving though. I just can't grasp the way some people are able to ignore risks even when they are being taken with the lives of other people. I'm a worrier.



Temeraire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Oct 2017
Age: 49
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,057
Location: Wiltshire, U.K.

22 Mar 2018, 7:48 am

fluffysaurus wrote:
Temeraire wrote:
What has happened to our beloved duo Ant and Dec?

Does Ant have mental health problems?
I think it's stress and alcohol problems, I could be wrong. I don't have much sympathy over drunk driving though. I just can't grasp the way some people are able to ignore risks even when they are being taken with the lives of other people. I'm a worrier.


No I don't have any sympathy for the D&D charges. But I do question why all of a sudden he has lost control of his life? Why do it in the first place? He has so much to lose.

Has he had a recent relationship break up or some other loss in his life? Or is it just the stress of all the commitments they have made for the TV and media? The lifestyle? The pressure.

I have worked with people with substance abuse problems and it can happen to anyone, I know this. But there is usually an underlying cause. I just feel for the guy and hope he doesn't become demonised in the media.



pluto
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Aug 2006
Age: 58
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,751
Location: Paisley,Scotland UK

22 Mar 2018, 4:29 pm

Temeraire wrote:
fluffysaurus wrote:
Temeraire wrote:
What has happened to our beloved duo Ant and Dec?

Does Ant have mental health problems?
I think it's stress and alcohol problems, I could be wrong. I don't have much sympathy over drunk driving though. I just can't grasp the way some people are able to ignore risks even when they are being taken with the lives of other people. I'm a worrier.


No I don't have any sympathy for the D&D charges. But I do question why all of a sudden he has lost control of his life? Why do it in the first place? He has so much to lose.

Has he had a recent relationship break up or some other loss in his life? Or is it just the stress of all the commitments they have made for the TV and media? The lifestyle? The pressure.

I have worked with people with substance abuse problems and it can happen to anyone, I know this. But there is usually an underlying cause. I just feel for the guy and hope he doesn't become demonised in the media.


Apparently it all started with an operation on his knee that went wrong and he was left in constant pain,so had to take painkillers and got addicted to them as well as alcohol,which was also partly to ease the pain.All the stress led to the problems with depression and break up of his marriage so I do have a degree of sympathy for his circumstances,but
even so drink driving should simply never be contemplated. I'm also confused as to how his mother didn't realise he was incapable when she was the passenger.


_________________
I have lost the will to be apathetic


fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 3 Oct 2017
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,279
Location: England

22 Mar 2018, 5:14 pm

I posted on here this morning, including a picture of Ant and Dec. Has anyone else not been getting notifications lately and loosing posts.



Temeraire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Oct 2017
Age: 49
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,057
Location: Wiltshire, U.K.

22 Mar 2018, 5:27 pm

pluto wrote:
Temeraire wrote:
fluffysaurus wrote:
Temeraire wrote:
What has happened to our beloved duo Ant and Dec?

Does Ant have mental health problems?
I think it's stress and alcohol problems, I could be wrong. I don't have much sympathy over drunk driving though. I just can't grasp the way some people are able to ignore risks even when they are being taken with the lives of other people. I'm a worrier.


No I don't have any sympathy for the D&D charges. But I do question why all of a sudden he has lost control of his life? Why do it in the first place? He has so much to lose.

Has he had a recent relationship break up or some other loss in his life? Or is it just the stress of all the commitments they have made for the TV and media? The lifestyle? The pressure.

I have worked with people with substance abuse problems and it can happen to anyone, I know this. But there is usually an underlying cause. I just feel for the guy and hope he doesn't become demonised in the media.


Apparently it all started with an operation on his knee that went wrong and he was left in constant pain,so had to take painkillers and got addicted to them as well as alcohol,which was also partly to ease the pain.All the stress led to the problems with depression and break up of his marriage so I do have a degree of sympathy for his circumstances,but
even so drink driving should simply never be contemplated. I'm also confused as to how his mother didn't realise he was incapable when she was the passenger.


Thanks for enlightening me, Pluto.



Temeraire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Oct 2017
Age: 49
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,057
Location: Wiltshire, U.K.

23 Mar 2018, 4:01 am

fluffysaurus wrote:
I posted on here this morning, including a picture of Ant and Dec. Has anyone else not been getting notifications lately and loosing posts.


I keep getting timed out - which is frustrating to say the least.

Are you still getting problems?



fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 3 Oct 2017
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,279
Location: England

23 Mar 2018, 8:44 am

Temeraire wrote:
fluffysaurus wrote:
I posted on here this morning, including a picture of Ant and Dec. Has anyone else not been getting notifications lately and loosing posts.


I keep getting timed out - which is frustrating to say the least.
Does this mean you stay on all day on the WP site but it cuts you off? or do you get timed out of threads after a set time?
Quote:

Are you still getting problems?
With not receiving notification, yes. With what I posted on here yesterday I think I probably previewed my post (I tend to do this with posts that are long and have a picture) then forgot that I had done that instead of pressing send :roll: . I'm a Womble.



Temeraire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Oct 2017
Age: 49
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,057
Location: Wiltshire, U.K.

23 Mar 2018, 3:49 pm

I think I get timed out due to the slow response of WP.
Or it could be my server.

It would seem this happens to lots of people judging by the moans and groans.



fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 3 Oct 2017
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,279
Location: England

24 Mar 2018, 7:54 am

Temeraire wrote:
I think I get timed out due to the slow response of WP.
Or it could be my server.

It would seem this happens to lots of people judging by the moans and groans.
I have read the moans too but I have not seen anything telling me I have been timed out.



fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 3 Oct 2017
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,279
Location: England

27 Mar 2018, 4:01 pm

What's everyone having as their Easter treat?

Image

They're not fancy, but they taste good :D

I may do a roast dinner too, I'm off work Fri, Sat, and Sun :D