Page 117 of 148 [ 2207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120 ... 148  Next

SaveFerris
Banned
Banned

06 Mar 2019, 8:16 am

Map84 wrote:
fluffysaurus wrote:
Trogluddite wrote:
fluffysaurus wrote:
I was back at work today after my nine days off.

Eek! Not too much of a shock to the system, I hope.

Mustn't grumble. It's five days a week but most of my shifts are three hours long. It's definitely one of the better jobs I've had. Do you have a Boyes near you?

If we all shop there and mention Fluffy, do we get a discount.. or do you get a bonus for increasing the footfall? :D

I can confirm that all you get is strange looks when I said "Fluffy sent me" :lol:

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2019, 1:40 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
Map84 wrote:
fluffysaurus wrote:
Trogluddite wrote:
fluffysaurus wrote:
I was back at work today after my nine days off.

Eek! Not too much of a shock to the system, I hope.

Mustn't grumble. It's five days a week but most of my shifts are three hours long. It's definitely one of the better jobs I've had. Do you have a Boyes near you?

If we all shop there and mention Fluffy, do we get a discount.. or do you get a bonus for increasing the footfall? :D

I can confirm that all you get is strange looks when I said "Fluffy sent me" :lol:

No discount, sorry and no bonus, they are quite strict. And they knoweth not my Fluffiness.

Trogluddite
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2019, 5:53 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
I was always reserve goalkeeper...

Then I know a little ditty that you might appreciate (don't know why I didn't think of this before)...

And now that I've remembered them, here's Thyme Machine's Video Page. Total nutty nonsense from Lancashire about teenage delinquent seagulls, zombie best friends, and the disco where every song is a song about Star Wars.

fluffysaurus wrote:
Do you have a Boyes near you?

Oh yes - I'm quite likely wearing Boyes undies right now! 8O It's number 3 on my list for buying clothes after the charity shops and the market, so it's very high-class by my standards! :lol:

caffeinekid
Raven
Raven

07 Mar 2019, 5:41 pm

Hello UK people. I'm a UK person. I have a ZX Spectrum to prove it.

ZED ECKS. Not ZEE EX. :)

Trogluddite
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2019, 8:31 pm

caffeinekid wrote:

And a fellow Yorkshire person, I see, so I guess I had better say; "Ey up, fella, wha's tha know, owt or nowt." (Shhh; we have to keep up the pretence for the Southerners - they seem to like that kind of "exotic" stuff. :wink: :lol: )

I've been known to have the occasional game of Manic Miner still (I'm hopeless at it as an adult!) - only on a PC emulator, though, it's a long, long time since I had a real Speccy. I started out with a little play on a friend's Zed Ecks 81, but the Speccy was my first ever computer, and what I first started learning to coding on. It's hard to believe it's well over 30 years ago, now!

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2019, 1:33 am

caffeinekid wrote:

Used to love my rubber keyed 48k. I was the king of Chuckie Egg in my house!

SaveFerris
Banned
Banned

08 Mar 2019, 9:30 am

This was the awesome cake my mum made me for my birthday , I'm not sure how long ago it was but the cake has 13 candles so almost definitely 34 years ago 8O

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

Map84
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 Mar 2019, 10:01 am

SaveFerris wrote:
This was the awesome cake my mum made me for my birthday , I'm not sure how long ago it was but the cake has 13 candles so almost definitely 34 years ago 8O

Love that!!

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 88 of 200

caffeinekid
Raven
Raven

08 Mar 2019, 1:24 pm

That cake is awesome!

I didn't originally get the ZX Spectrum that I asked for, because when my mum and my gran went into Dixons the staff convinced them to get me an Oric 1 as it was "even better and had better keys". Suffice to day I was not very happy on Christmas morning - but I knew someone who knew someone and I managed to swap my Oric for a Speccy 16K after a new months of horror.

To make up for that trauma, now I'm an adult I have about half a dozen Speccies of various models.

Good to see another Yorkshire lad here, tha sees, too. :)

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2019, 1:52 pm

That's a very cool cake.

I'm listening to The Kinks and The Beatles, trying to get myself back into the Cockney Spirit. My other side tells me, "No, you want Schultz and Oompapa."

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26&start=645

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2019, 2:07 pm

SaveFerris wrote:

I calculate it as 35 years ago, twelve candles for your new age, and one for luck.

Map84
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Mar 2019, 4:46 am

caffeinekid wrote:
That cake is awesome!

I didn't originally get the ZX Spectrum that I asked for, because when my mum and my gran went into Dixons the staff convinced them to get me an Oric 1 as it was "even better and had better keys". Suffice to day I was not very happy on Christmas morning - but I knew someone who knew someone and I managed to swap my Oric for a Speccy 16K after a new months of horror.

To make up for that trauma, now I'm an adult I have about half a dozen Speccies of various models.

Good to see another Yorkshire lad here, tha sees, too. :)

What was actually the bad thing about the Oric? Was it a bad machine, or bad library?
I'm also a Yorkshireman by the way!

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 88 of 200

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2019, 6:00 am

I went Spectrum 48k > Commodore Amiga > SNES > large gap while I got drunk as a young man > XBOX 360

Been thinking of getting something up to date recently

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2019, 6:01 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
That's a very cool cake.

I'm listening to The Kinks and The Beatles, trying to get myself back into the Cockney Spirit. My other side tells me, "No, you want Schultz and Oompapa."

Been hammering The Cure's back catalog all week

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2019, 6:02 am

Weather looking pretty ropey for the weekend and into early next week. Wind getting up here quite a bit already.

Get your candles and matches ready I reckon.