Page 29 of 163 [ 2606 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 163  Next

Temeraire
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2018, 4:18 pm

fluffysaurus wrote:
What's everyone having as their Easter treat?

They're not fancy, but they taste good :D

I may do a roast dinner too, I'm off work Fri, Sat, and Sun :D

The most important thing is that you like them Fluffy. :) (I like the choc raisins)

I bought several meat joints for the freezer as it is very cheap this week - I will be having a nice roast with cheesy mash and cabbage. Most of my veg was 20p - bargain.

I may push the boat out and get my chocolate cake out the freezer.

Daniel89
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2018, 4:21 pm

I've already eaten about 6 Easter eggs this year, I looked in why they taste nicer its something to do with the shape of the egg and air getting in or something.

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2018, 4:24 pm

Raisins are too sweet for me, unless they are in a bun, but your roast joint sounds nice, and so does your chocky cake. Did you make it?

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2018, 4:31 pm

Daniel89 wrote:
I've already eaten about 6 Easter eggs this year, I looked in why they taste nicer its something to do with the shape of the egg and air getting in or something.
Is there proper evidence that they taste better, we shouldn't take this as fact, without a thorough testing of a wide variety of eggs. 6 is nowhere near enough for a proper comparison, we will have to resign ourselves to eating thousands, it's the only way :D

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2018, 4:46 pm

I've tried the England thing and it backfired, so I'll try it again in a few weeks. I want to be like you guys.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2018, 4:55 pm

That's probably why I chose CockneyRebel as a username in 2004.

Temeraire
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2018, 5:05 pm

fluffysaurus wrote:
Raisins are too sweet for me, unless they are in a bun, but your roast joint sounds nice, and so does your chocky cake. Did you make it?

No I didn't make it.
I have stocked up on meat so I will be eating like a queen for quite some time.
It is so expensive for the basics these days.

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2018, 2:01 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
I've tried the England thing
my mind is boggling at what this could be :D
Quote:
and it backfired,
It would do if it was an England thing, just to be difficult.
Quote:
so I'll try it again in a few weeks. I want to be like you guys.
Are you trying to like all things English? English people don't, we love bits, we hate bits. And we moan, even about the bits we like.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2018, 6:09 am

I was trying to fit in with the majority of the people on WP in the beginning of the week two weeks ago with all the British avatars and I guess It backfired, hence the offensive avatars I didn't know not to use. I felt like the odd person out after reading the Nazi thread in PPR and I figured that The British are the most popular people in the world and I guess that I wanted to be popular, so I tried to be like you guys. It didn't work out so well the day that I started with the Routemaster.

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2018, 7:57 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
I was trying to fit in with the majority of the people on WP in the beginning of the week two weeks ago with all the British avatars and I guess It backfired, hence the offensive avatars I didn't know not to use. I felt like the odd person out after reading the Nazi thread in PPR and I figured that The British are the most popular people in the world and I guess that I wanted to be popular, so I tried to be like you guys. It didn't work out so well the day that I started with the Routemaster.
I didn't see the Routemaster. I like the one you have now and I liked the one that you had that I was going to ask you about but you changed it before I could. I think it was either the crest of The Holy Roman Empire or The Austro Hungarian Empire.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2018, 8:41 am

I think I'll just be myself on WP from now on.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2018, 8:45 am

Some of the members here scare me. The ones who hate incontinent people and the ones who hate Germans because of the Holocaust.

Trogluddite
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2018, 10:23 am

@CockneyRebel
I can't imagine that many Brits would find avatars of our cultural icons offensive, so long as they are respectful (and I can't imagine you would be any other way.) It seems rather flattering to me, if anything. Like you, I find Germano-phobia based around past conflicts and the Nazi regime to be in bad taste - it is the whole world who should "never forget - never again", not just the peoples of the former Axis countries (should I be made to feel guilty because of the British concentration camps during the Boer War?)

fluffysaurus wrote:
...we moan, even about the bits we like.

Never mind soccer and cricket - this is truly our national sport; competitive whining! :lol:

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2018, 12:44 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
I think I'll just be myself on WP from now on.
Good idea :D

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2018, 12:50 pm

I like German people. I get along with them great. I like people like Sgt Schultz.

I don't like Nazis, though. Whether or not they're German.

AlanMooresBeard
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Mar 2018, 1:32 pm

There's a show on Channel 4 tonight at 10pm called Are You Autistic? that UK folk might be interested in. I'll be watching.