Page 106 of 163 [ 2606 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109 ... 163  Next

Temeraire
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2019, 2:09 pm

Welcome Map, I hope you feel at home here so kick off your shoes and relax.

Temeraire
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2019, 2:13 pm

fluffysaurus wrote:
I see aspersions are being caste upon my good name. I will say only that I am innocent and throw myself upon the

mercy of our Dragon Queen to protect me from he who has on his own admission recently researched terrible and

heinous ways to execute people.

Your dragon queen has heard you and you have the protection of my wing o fluffy one.

Trogluddite
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2019, 2:25 pm

^ Eeek! 8O
[I hope my claims of repentance seemed convincing enough - what if the Dragon Queen can see through them?! I might in really hot water now! :skull: ]

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2019, 2:32 pm

^ cover yourself in bread , that way , if it kicks off you can have consolation toast :lol:

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

Trogluddite
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2019, 2:38 pm

^ Would biscuit crumbs work? - Eat Your Own Weight In Biscuits Day has left me with a huge mound of them, so it would kill two birds with one stone! :idea:

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2019, 2:46 pm

hang on a minute , huge mound?

Have you weighed the mound , I smell a rat. I don't think you were fully committed yesterday :lol: .

I think biscuit crumbs would work but you'd need a decent bonding agent or it could go horribly wrong.

Temeraire
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2019, 2:54 pm

Do I have mushy peas with steak?

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2019, 2:58 pm

Dydd Gŵyl Dewi Hapus!

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2019, 2:59 pm

Temeraire wrote:

No mushy peas for me thanks but I'll have barbecue sauce and maybe some melted cheese and bacon with my steak 8)

Temeraire
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2019, 3:06 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
Dydd Gŵyl Dewi Hapus!

Happy St Davids Day - Yay!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2019, 3:16 pm

In 16 days:

Erin Go Bragh!

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2019, 3:29 pm

Temeraire wrote:
fluffysaurus wrote:
I see aspersions are being caste upon my good name. I will say only that I am innocent and throw myself upon the

mercy of our Dragon Queen to protect me from he who has on his own admission recently researched terrible and

heinous ways to execute people.

Your dragon queen has heard you and you have the protection of my wing o fluffy one.

Oh, thank you, Great One.

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

Trogluddite
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2019, 3:57 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
Have you weighed the mound , I smell a rat.

Dammit, you're right - my messy eating habits catch me out like this every year. :oops: The ratty smell is perfectly normal, though; they've been breeding in my beard for years thanks to the ample supply of food that doesn't quite make it into my cake-hole and the luxuriant nesting material. I was hoping to get the BBC to do a offshoot of SpringWatch called "BeardWatch", but the hot air coming out of my mouth interfered with their night-vision cameras too much, sadly. :lol:

SaveFerris wrote:
I think biscuit crumbs would work but you'd need a decent bonding agent or it could go horribly wrong.

Sorted - scoffing a couple of packs of pickled onion Monster Munch should make me sweaty enough to get a nice, even coating.

Temeraire wrote:

The etiquette gets rather technical for mushy peas. Is the steak a component of a pie or pudding? And do you say the word "bath" with a short or long "a"? :wink:

Happy St. David's day!

According to Wikipedia, there was a special English delicacy eaten on St. David's Day...
Wikipedia: St David's Day wrote:
"taffies"; gingerbread figures baked in the shape of a Welshman riding a goat
8O

Last edited by Trogluddite on 01 Mar 2019, 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2019, 4:08 pm

Trogluddite wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
I uploaded the image to a picture host instead so now it should work.

There's good news and bad news...

The Good News: I can see the sick note now! [You're fighting back well, stay strong!]

The Bad News: Getting out of doing PE was my best school subject - I know every trick in the book! Do you honestly expect me to believe that any doctor has writing as legible as that? :roll: [Sorry about that, thought it might look a bit suspicious if I didn't bite, given the, erm... Majikal situation.]

I got out of PE a few times, I used to suspect that my teacher wasn't actually reading the notes and one day my suspicion was proven correct. Whilst I was stood in the changing rooms, I was secretly fretting about the fact I didn't have a note. That's when my teacher asked to see my school planner. I didn't think that it would actually work, but I chanced it and handed her a blank page. She didn't even glance at it and replied "Yeah, that's fine" and I never got into any trouble.

:lmao:

There were a few sports that I liked in PE, especially field hockey. I'm a little disappointed that I haven't played it in years. When picking teams, people would argue who got me in their group. That certainly wasn't the case in basketball or netball (both of which I'm absolutely terrible at :P).

Trogluddite
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2019, 4:20 pm

Lost_dragon wrote:
people would argue who got me in their group

I used to get that one for the opposite reason - no-one wanted me on their team. Football was the worst: being picked last always meant being goalie - you know; the sole last line of defence where lightning reflexes and supreme co-ordination are vital. So it was always my fault that the team I was on lost! The only time I recall accidentally saving a ball, I was so astounded that I ruined my moment of glory by stumbling backwards over the goal line with the ball still in my hands. It took a while to sink in that the other players' shouts and gesticulations weren't in celebration of my amazing feat! :oops: