Page 110 of 163 [ 2606 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113 ... 163  Next

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2019, 9:27 am

fluffysaurus wrote:
Teesdale, Dumfries & Castle Douglas, or Cork & Kerry?

Yorkshire! So the name Map84 was just a cunning disguise.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2019, 9:58 am

Biscuitman wrote:
I went Spectrum 48k > Commodore Amiga > SNES > large gap while I got drunk as a young man > XBOX 360

Been thinking of getting something up to date recently

My evolution was Spectrum 48k > Spectrum+ > Spectrum 128k > Spectrum +2 > Spectrum +3 > Drugs & Alcohol > PS1 > PS2 > Xbox > Xbox 360 > PS3 > PC Gaming.

I would like to get a next gen console ( for the console only games ) but can't afford it.

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2019, 10:25 am

Commodore 64 > Amiga CD32 > PS1 > Alcohol > PS2 > Xbox > PC Gaming

I've also got PS3 and Xbox 360, but have barely used them. Not tempted by latest PS and Xbox versions.

caffeinekid
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Mar 2019, 10:52 am

Map84 wrote:

What was actually the bad thing about the Oric? Was it a bad machine, or bad library?
I'm also a Yorkshireman by the way!

It had practically no software for it and all the people I knew at school were swapping tapes full of games and I was once again on the outside looking in.

These days I've kind of over-compensated and I have so many consoles and computers and video games that it's a bit silly to be honest.

My Steam library on the PC is at over 1,700 games and I've played only a handfull.

I went Atari 2600 > ZX81 > Oric :( > ZX Spectrum > Atari ST > Amiga > SNES > PC and probably a few more brief ones inbeween.

Map84
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Mar 2019, 10:57 am

SaveFerris wrote:
Biscuitman wrote:
I went Spectrum 48k > Commodore Amiga > SNES > large gap while I got drunk as a young man > XBOX 360

Been thinking of getting something up to date recently

My evolution was Spectrum 48k > Spectrum+ > Spectrum 128k > Spectrum +2 > Spectrum +3 > Drugs & Alcohol > PS1 > PS2 > Xbox > Xbox 360 > PS3 > PC Gaming.

I would like to get a next gen console ( for the console only games ) but can't afford it.

Keep an eye on hotukdeals, xbox one is pretty affordable, especially with the right deal :)

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 88 of 200

Map84
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Mar 2019, 10:59 am

caffeinekid wrote:
Map84 wrote:

What was actually the bad thing about the Oric? Was it a bad machine, or bad library?
I'm also a Yorkshireman by the way!

It had practically no software for it and all the people I knew at school were swapping tapes full of games and I was once again on the outside looking in.

These days I've kind of over-compensated and I have so many consoles and computers and video games that it's a bit silly to be honest.

My Steam library on the PC is at over 1,700 games and I've played only a handfull.

I went Atari 2600 > ZX81 > Oric :( > ZX Spectrum > Atari ST > Amiga > SNES > PC and probably a few more brief ones inbeween.

You're not kidding about over compensated!
I like the sad face after oric haha, a quick Google suggests they've a bit of a following, I vote you save the money you'd have spent on steam and get one bought again :D

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 88 of 200

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2019, 1:58 pm

I had a dream that it was my 50th Birthday. There was a London cake with a Union Jack stuck in each side of the cake. I wonder if I will be fully Re-Cockneyfied by my 50th Birthday.

TUF
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2019, 3:24 pm

Obscure but this is an aspie forum so that's allowed.

I'm oddly proud that in song quiz on Alexa level 1-10 is all Americans then you get to level 11+ and it's mostly British with the occasional Indian. (I mean opponent not singer)

Trogluddite
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2019, 2:20 pm

I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one who had a break from computers while getting blotto was my special interest! :lol:

I only had two machines before my break to get sloshed: a ZX Spectrum 48k, then a Memotech MTX512 (similar features to a BBC Micro, but with a Z80 CPU, because I already knew the machine code.) I was always more of a coder rather than a gamer, so in adulthood, it's been PC's all the way - all my gaming has been on other people's consoles, pretty much.

caffeinekid
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Mar 2019, 2:34 pm

I learnt to code on my Speccy but I wasn't very good at it and the best thing I made was a text adventure with a game making tool.

Since having a PC I've made a fair few remakes of old Speccy etc games that you can search for if you are interested, also some games on Google Play.

My games are under the TCKSOFT branding. :)

Good to see some old school gamers, and a few other Yorkshire peeps among the people here.

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2019, 2:50 pm

So sunshine (thought I might do the garden) hail storm (sideways cus this is Lincolnshire) sunshine again (but I

wasn't fooled) then rain.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2019, 12:32 am

I listened to The Kinks for an hour this evening as I was working on my arts & crafts. It was nice.

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2019, 2:56 am

HELP!

Outlook has hidden the bottom curser and I can't scroll to the right. I need to scroll to the right to get to the right

hand curser to scroll down. I need to scroll down to get to the highlighted part of each notification to get onto the

threads and also just to read any email. It's been like this since last night, I thought it would sort itself out overnight.

I wish it would just let me see the full page across in the first place; I get nothing but crap with outlook. I miss

Live :(

Temeraire
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2019, 3:03 am

fluffysaurus wrote:
HELP!

Outlook has hidden the bottom curser and I can't scroll to the right. I need to scroll to the right to get to the right

hand curser to scroll down. I need to scroll down to get to the highlighted part of each notification to get onto the

threads and also just to read any email. It's been like this since last night, I thought it would sort itself out overnight.

I wish it would just let me see the full page across in the first place; I get nothing but crap with outlook. I miss

Is it possible to make the page smaller by using CTRL - ?

This happens to me sometimes. Very frustrating.

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2019, 3:14 am

Temeraire wrote:
fluffysaurus wrote:
HELP!

Is it possible to make the page smaller by using CTRL - ?

This happens to me sometimes. Very frustrating.

:hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail:

I brought the page up again and this time the bottom curser was back (I tried four times already) but I tried your

CTRL - anyway and finally I have a page I can see hurrah! I keep nipping back to look at how beautiful it is now,

and the answer was so simple :wall:

Now I'm glad it went wrong because otherwise I would never have ask and this is soooooooo much better than it's

EVER been.

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2019, 3:16 am

When I was trying to sort it last night, I did manage to make it a very pretty purple though so now it works right and

looks good :D