Page 85 of 163 [ 2606 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88 ... 163  Next

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2019, 2:37 pm

Raleigh wrote:
Is salad cream mayonnaise?

No, I'm pretty sure it's not.

Heinz were going to discontinue it in 1999 due to falling sales, but it was reprieved.

Then last year they were considering changing its name to 'Sandwich Cream', but that plan was dropped as well.

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2019, 2:38 pm

Raleigh wrote:
Is salad cream mayonnaise?

No, it's like someone eat a whole jar of mayonnaise and then threw up.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2019, 2:39 pm

https://www.theweek.co.uk/94095/salad-c ... wich-cream

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2019, 2:40 pm

^^ 8O sounds delightful.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2019, 2:59 pm

Temeraire
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2019, 4:18 pm

I like mayo with my fish fingers, as I did today along with the egg rice.

I usually have them with chips(fries) or in a toastie like Mr Raleigh.

I also like tartar sauce when I can rob some of those small packets. :lol:

(I have some tiny packets of decaf Kenco coffee courtesy of a friend)

Temeraire
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2019, 4:36 pm

fluffysaurus wrote:
Tem--have they ruled out Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo? I understand it's quite common.

This is what the doc first said I had now he is saying it could be menieres because of multiple attacks within a year or two. We are both waiting for my next one I suppose.

I just hope I get over the last one properly before it comes if it is coming. Just a little bit of time with a clearer head would be nice.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2019, 5:07 pm

Raleigh wrote:
^^ 8O sounds delightful.

It's lush , you don't know what your missing, also great with boiled or mashed spuds

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2019, 5:34 pm

If I ever get to take a vacation (holiday) to the UK where are some interesting places you guys recommend I visit?

I'm thinking Buckingham Palace as an obvious choice and the Tower of London for starters. I want to visit Traitors' Gate. :skull: :skull: :skull:

Prometheus18
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2019, 6:02 pm

TW1ZTY wrote:
If I ever get to take a vacation (holiday) to the UK where are some interesting places you guys recommend I visit?

I'm thinking Buckingham Palace as an obvious choice and the Tower of London for starters. I want to visit Traitors' Gate. :skull: :skull: :skull:

I'd spend a few days in London, also visiting Birmingham and Manchester and maybe parts of Scotland before turning round south into Wales and finishing in Cornwall. Personally, I think the Scottish Highlands are the most beautiful part of the country, although I've never been there. The Peak and Lake Districts are also nice. Personally, I'd like to go on a two or three week walking holiday from John O'Groats to Lands End.

Prometheus18
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2019, 6:03 pm

I'd love to do more travelling, but just can't afford it. If I get my disability benefit come through, I'm going to go to either Paris, Avignon, Dordogne, Stockholm, Reykjavik, Vienna, Berlin - or the Scottish Highlands this year.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2019, 6:17 pm

That all sounds nice. :D I also think I would love to see Big Ben. It's such a beautiful-looking clock tower.

I've never travelled outside of the US because I don't have the money (or the freedom) to do things like that. But I think that the UK would be a nice start because it has a long and interesting history and everybody there speaks English so it wouldn't be that hard to find my way around. :)

I also really want to visit Hawaii someday. That's top of my list before I die. I want to see the islands that my father's family came from and learn more about my ancestry there. I want to see a real volcano, eat poi and other local foods, learn all about their Gods and Goddesses (like Pele and all the rest), see some traditional dancing, and experience anything I can about the islands. :flower: :nemo:

TUF
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2019, 7:03 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
Raleigh wrote:
^^ 8O sounds delightful.

It's lush , you don't know what your missing, also great with boiled or mashed spuds

I love Cooplands salad sandwich with salad cream and onion.

For chips I like salt and vinegar unless I'm abroad or it's an actually hot day (inland, they actually exist which came to a huge surprise to me when I first experienced one)… then I'll have mayonnaise.

Places that think salad cream and mayonnaise are the same thing are really annoying.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2019, 1:00 am

I've been listening to The Kinks a lot. I've calmed down quite a bit.

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2019, 3:42 am

TW1ZTY wrote:

Unless you love cities, don't spend all your time in London.

Hampton Court
Royal Armory at Leeds
York Minster/Canterbury Cathedral/Lincoln Cathedral (less tourists)
Yorvik Centre
Blenheim Palace
Warwick Castle

I'd skip Buc House. It's not even old.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2019, 4:32 am

If I could I would visit Piccadilly Circus, Carnaby Street, Oxford Street, Penny Lane, Manchester locales were post punk started, Wembley Stadium, the Chunnal, The Tube, A proper English pub, and so many more.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman