Page 7 of 148 [ 2207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 148  Next

Trueno
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Jul 2017
Age: 63
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,426
Location: UK

01 Mar 2018, 2:15 am

Skimmed... I'm a lightweight, remember...


_________________
Steve J

Unkind tongue, right ill hast thou me rendered
For such desert to do me wreak and shame


Temeraire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Oct 2017
Age: 49
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,076
Location: Wiltshire, U.K.

01 Mar 2018, 8:16 am

My heating failed last night due to a frozen pipe I believe.

It is not funny having no heating when it is -5 C outside.

I know some people can go overboard when there is a bit of cold weather over here but I can understand some of the anxiety if they have had a bad experience.

I now have to wrap up and sit with my hairdryer outside and see if I can undo the frozen culprit.
(I am not a well woman)

Where is Tiffany Aching when you need her?



kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 64,801
Location: Queens, NYC

01 Mar 2018, 9:49 am

It is hard with no heat and it’s minus 5 outside. It’s hard even when it’s plus 5.

Sorry your pipes screwed up on you, Temeraire.

Please keep us posted as to your progress in fixing them.

Is there a way you could get the local Council involved as to the expense in fixing it? You pay heaps of Council Tax. You should derive some benefit from the Council.



Last edited by kraftiekortie on 01 Mar 2018, 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

SaveFerris
Banned
Banned

User avatar

Joined: 3 Sep 2016
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,690
Location: UK

01 Mar 2018, 9:57 am

Temeraire wrote:

I now have to wrap up and sit with my hairdryer outside and see if I can undo the frozen culprit.
(I am not a well woman)

Where is Tiffany Aching when you need her?


If I was closer I would come and help although that would be well awkward ( socially )


_________________
R Tape loading error, 0:1

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard


kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 64,801
Location: Queens, NYC

01 Mar 2018, 10:02 am

To help out a person who is in dire straits is never "socially awkward."

If my wife/girlfriend "told me off" for helping somebody with no heat (when I could offer practical measures), I'd tell her to take a hike in this instance.

The thing that annoys me most about the UK (I happen to like the UK) is their relative lack of automatic transmission cars. I can't drive a manual transmission (though I'd be willing to learn).



Temeraire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Oct 2017
Age: 49
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,076
Location: Wiltshire, U.K.

01 Mar 2018, 10:13 am

Ah thank you for your concern peeps.

I am pleased (well ecstatic really) to announce that I have cured the problem and have central heating again.

The freezing cold job of sitting on a garden chair, crossing my fingers the hair dryer wouldn't burn out, whilst I defrosted the naughty pipe was worth it in the end.

I have never been so pleased to see a lump of ice plop out of my pipe.

I shall make sure I run the hot tap at regular intervals to keep that naughty pipe ice free.

My next job is to make sure I cook something hot and yummy in the oven to celebrate my lucky fix. :heart:



SaveFerris
Banned
Banned

User avatar

Joined: 3 Sep 2016
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,690
Location: UK

01 Mar 2018, 10:19 am

Temeraire wrote:

I am pleased (well ecstatic really) to announce that I have cured the problem and have central heating again.



I love that feeling , glad it's all good 10/10


_________________
R Tape loading error, 0:1

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard


Temeraire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Oct 2017
Age: 49
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,076
Location: Wiltshire, U.K.

01 Mar 2018, 10:40 am

SaveFerris wrote:
Temeraire wrote:

I am pleased (well ecstatic really) to announce that I have cured the problem and have central heating again.



I love that feeling , glad it's all good 10/10


I know! I woke up with a feeling of doom and freezing cold nose.

Then just hours later and with a bit of determination things are just hunky dory and marvellous.



CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Jul 2004
Age: 45
Gender: Male
Posts: 103,418
Location: Hanging out with my fellow Sweet Peas at Stalag 13

01 Mar 2018, 12:52 pm

I was enthralled with Britain for most of my life since I learned of my heritage at the age of 12.

I lost interest in the UK two years ago around this time for other reasons. I took a metabolism boosting drug that interacted with my psych meds and the real me came pushing through the mask that I was showing to the world.


_________________
Schultz

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26&start=645


fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 3 Oct 2017
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,344
Location: England

01 Mar 2018, 3:14 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
I was enthralled with Britain for most of my life since I learned of my heritage at the age of 12.

I lost interest in the UK two years ago around this time for other reasons. I took a metabolism boosting drug that interacted with my psych meds and the real me came pushing through the mask that I was showing to the world.
I take it the real you is more German in affection.

We still appreciate you saying hello though :D



Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 25 Feb 2006
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 30,500
Location: Lancashire, UK

01 Mar 2018, 3:18 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
I lost interest in the UK two years ago around this time for other reasons. I took a metabolism boosting drug that interacted with my psych meds and the real me came pushing through the mask that I was showing to the world.


Wondered why you lost interest in us. I still love my country despite my forced psychiatry. As I say, I'm with Szasz.



fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 3 Oct 2017
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,344
Location: England

01 Mar 2018, 3:22 pm

Temeraire wrote:
Ah thank you for your concern peeps.

I am pleased (well ecstatic really) to announce that I have cured the problem and have central heating again.

The freezing cold job of sitting on a garden chair, crossing my fingers the hair dryer wouldn't burn out, whilst I defrosted the naughty pipe was worth it in the end.

I have never been so pleased to see a lump of ice plop out of my pipe.

I shall make sure I run the hot tap at regular intervals to keep that naughty pipe ice free.

My next job is to make sure I cook something hot and yummy in the oven to celebrate my lucky fix. :heart:

Hurrah! I think relief is my favourite emotion.

Glad it's sorted, and at your own (freezing) hand, so satisfying.

What did you decide to cook? my dinner is still cooking but it's roast chicken :D



Temeraire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Oct 2017
Age: 49
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,076
Location: Wiltshire, U.K.

01 Mar 2018, 5:26 pm

Oh I put the oven on too.
I had fish n chips with mushy peas.
Helped to warm both the house and me up.
Nice, very nice. :heart:



kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 64,801
Location: Queens, NYC

01 Mar 2018, 8:07 pm

I've always been an Anglophile (A lover of things English).

I like Scottish and Irish things, too.

"My Beautiful Launderette" is one of my favorite films.

Our "laundromat" is your "launderette."



fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 3 Oct 2017
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,344
Location: England

02 Mar 2018, 3:55 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I've always been an Anglophile (A lover of things English).

I like Scottish and Irish things, too.


This chaps not happy with you kraftie.
Image

This lot are pretty miffed too.

Image