What things do you think shouldn't have been invented?

Page 2 of 34 [ 530 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 34  Next

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2018, 10:18 am

Propaganda - imagine, no more attempts to brainwash you with hype and the ideology somebody else wants you to adopt.

The current economic system - it's just about worked for me personally, but millions have to get by on a lot less, and it's getting worse for younger people. I see stuff like "I, Daniel Blake" and find out that it really happens that way, and I reckon society could do a much better job of looking after people.

Judgementalism - I don't expect people to let down their defenses when they feel threatened, but I'd really rather they hadn't invented the trick of condemning out of hand people they know almost nothing about.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2018, 11:52 am

Strip mining, it is completely devastating. Do you think companies should have the right to flatten mountains, just to collect coal? The pollution it creates when burnt is bad enough...but to literally destroy pretty much a whole eco-system/landscape it is appalling. I just watched a good documentary that went into the real 'cost' of this filthy form of energy, is it worth it to keep depending on it? NO!

Is this what people want?

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2018, 12:34 pm

Can I please say Facebook?

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2018, 9:31 pm

Facebook and energy drinks. Those drinks are addictive.

KB8CWB
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2018, 10:03 pm

Government

rahura
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Mar 2018, 10:26 pm

- food products that use the term “whiz”
- the term “game changer

rahura
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Mar 2018, 10:31 pm

Tv

jon85
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Mar 2018, 6:49 am

cinnamon

Stunning Images On T-Shirts, Homeware and More!!

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2018, 8:59 am

ISIL/ISIS

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2018, 9:18 am

I like technology like most people but I wish cell/smart phones would all just fail in unison. You can't go anywhere without bumping into someone who is too busy using their phone to pay attention. I love how I heard a religious minister put it once "these devices are great for long distance communication. This room is not long distance so please put them away".

Honorable mention goes to social media especially Twitter. I can't believe how "hashtags" have hijacked our language in just a few short years.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2018, 10:42 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
Strip mining, it is completely devastating. Do you think companies should have the right to flatten mountains, just to collect coal? The pollution it creates when burnt is bad enough...but to literally destroy pretty much a whole eco-system/landscape it is appalling. I just watched a good documentary that went into the real 'cost' of this filthy form of energy, is it worth it to keep depending on it? NO!

To those who do the mining, yes, it is. That's what counts.

Sweetleaf wrote:
Is this what people want?

Maybe, maybe not, but one thing is certain: noöne gives enough of a s**t to do something effective to stop it. Don't worry—it'll finally stop when there's nothing left to mine.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2018, 11:47 am

The software for Wrong Planet

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2018, 1:00 pm

jon85 wrote:
cinnamon

I LOVE the taste of cinnamon! I just hate the way people are misusing it only because they were dared to or because they want to make a stupid video.

Also cinnamon is a naturally occurring substance, it comes from the inner bark of a tree, so technically it wasn't invented, although people have invented a use for it.

Rustifer
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Mar 2018, 2:46 pm

Cryptocurrency.

Despite the benefits of blockchain, and not solely because of GPU prices, cryptocurrency mining is wasteful of resources and there is absolutely no value to any of it... it's objectively of negative value; all based on waste for no good reason. (A sign of the times, I guess)

jon85
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Mar 2018, 5:26 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
jon85 wrote:
cinnamon

I LOVE the taste of cinnamon! I just hate the way people are misusing it only because they were dared to or because they want to make a stupid video.

Also cinnamon is a naturally occurring substance, it comes from the inner bark of a tree, so technically it wasn't invented, although people have invented a use for it.

No. No. No. No. Nope.

That stuff was spawned from the very pits of hell. It needs to stay on the tree. And the trees burned. And their charred corps put through wood chippers. Six times. Just to be sure. And the chippings need to be burnt again. And then ejected into space. Preferably into another galaxy... On the other side of the universe.

Nope.

Stunning Images On T-Shirts, Homeware and More!!

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2018, 5:52 pm

The substitution of "of" for "have."