Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

jon85
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 May 2018, 3:34 am

So I got me thinking and theorising. And I often ponder the way we behave as a human species. One of those behaviours is the act of being shallow. IE, an instinctive ability to favour a person we perceive as pleasing to the eye. Being shallow is looked down upon, with good reason. However, I'm also learning to believe that being shallow is a natural human trait. I don't believe there is anyone out there who isn't shallow even in the slightest. We are all shallow to a certain degree.

Now, I was also thinking very recently about confidence and health. And it makes sense to me that people who eat better and look after themselves appear more confident. I have been behaving myself exceptionally well the past three weeks and have been sticking to a healthy diet. And yes, I have noticed my back straighter when i walk, my posture overall is a little better, i feel a little happier and an improvement to my forward thinking. This may not be related to my new diet, but it is an observation that I have picked up on lately since i started this new diet. And thinking about it, the kind of people you see with chiselled jaw lines, sculptured cheekbones, toned muscles... these people are confident, they swim in it! And you don't get those looks without a good diet. My frequent visits to bored panda and the increasing amount of 'before and after' posts where people have transformed themselves from unhealthy, run down individuals to temple bodied visions of beauty don't lie. The key here to confidence is with healthy eating and excersize!

So now lets go back to natural selection. Why are people shallow? Because just like any other species in the animal kingdom, we are wired to select a healthy mate to breed with because healthy is vital to the continuation of the human race.

So, if you plan on breeding, go be shallow! lol

Stunning Images On T-Shirts, Homeware and More!!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2018, 5:44 am

I dislike really shallow people.

I’m not a person of great depth—but I have some.

I need broad-minded people in my life.

Intelligent women are sexy.

jon85
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 May 2018, 7:03 am

From a human species perspective, being shallow is good if the species is to live longer, healthier, more disease resistant.

I don't like shallow people either. I am trans, I am gay, so my priority here on this planet does not involve breeding or continuing on the human race. This isn't my concern. So it's probably good that I will not be breeding. So a hot, healthy stud is not important to me.

But, i guess having said that. What use is a healthy breed of humans if they still all have to count to ten on their toes because their fingers are all missing from being bitten off in brawls?

Temperament and intelligence are also important. Hmmm... not thought about that bit.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2018, 7:06 am

Excellent post - so many fantastic points!

I'm shallowest when it comes to selecting a sexual partner, because then it's all about physical attraction. Otherwise not so much.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2018, 7:11 am

I just don’t believe in that hypothesis for myself.

What makes me want to procreate is depth. He emerges when a woman talks economics :wink:

jon85
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 May 2018, 7:16 am

goldfish21 wrote:

I'm shallowest when it comes to selecting a sexual partner, because then it's all about physical attraction. Otherwise not so much.

Indeed. I love thinking about things like this. Of course, this is all theory, and I may be completely wrong. But it makes sense to me.

jon85
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 May 2018, 7:23 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I just don’t believe in that hypothesis for myself.

What makes me want to procreate is depth. He emerges when a woman talks economics :wink:

This is only my crazy ponderings.

But your statement has raised more questions! While people are procreating for love and happiness and the ideals of a family and continuing on your own genetics and such... does this mean that people can be selfish in respect to the whole human race? Putting ones own desires and wants before the species?

It's so interesting! We're such a controversial species lol

Daniel89
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2018, 7:34 am

I don't think its shallow to choose a sexual partner by looks. I do think its shallow to choose a friend by looks or judge a persons value by their looks.

jon85
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 May 2018, 7:42 am

Daniel89 wrote:
I don't think its shallow to choose a sexual partner by looks. I do think its shallow to choose a friend by looks or judge a persons value by their looks.

who chooses friends by looks?

Wait, is that a thing? Omg, do people actually choose friends by their looks??? :O :O :O

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2018, 7:46 am

Genetics is not the be-all, end-all. This I do know. This I believe with all my heart.

Two geniuses, many times, produce dullard offspring.

Two Aspies might produce the most neurotypical of offspring.

Two neurotypicals might produce one who is Aspie, and one who is Kanner's.

Autism is frequently a genetic disorder----but it's frequently not, as well. It can often manifest as a random mutation.

It's not "selfish" for a person with Aspergers/autism to want to produce offspring, in my opinion.

Daniel89
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2018, 7:48 am

jon85 wrote:
Daniel89 wrote:

who chooses friends by looks?

Wait, is that a thing? Omg, do people actually choose friends by their looks??? :O :O :O

Yeah, women are more likely to do this though. Pretty girls tend to be friends with pretty girls and ugly girls tend to be excluded.

A man would have to be very ugly to be excluded by other men I think.

Daniel89
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2018, 7:50 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Genetics is not the be-all, end-all. This I do know. This I believe with all my heart.

Two geniuses, many times, produce dullard offspring.

Two Aspies might produce the most neurotypical of offspring.

Two neurotypicals might produce one who is Aspie, and one who is Kanner's.

Autism is frequently a genetic disorder----but it's frequently not, as well. It can often manifest as a random mutation.

It's not "selfish" for a person with Aspergers/autism to want to produce offspring, in my opinion.

No its still genetics. Two geniuses are more likely to produce a genius and even if they don't its likely the child didn't inherit the correct combination of genes to make a genius.

A random mutation is still a genetic disorder.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2018, 7:56 am

I should have specified: Autism is not a Mendelian-type genetic disorder like Sickle-Cell Anemia.

I've seen many-a-time when geniuses produced dullards. Willful dullards, in rebellion against their genius parents (maybe they weren't really dullards---but they certainly played the part well).

Daniel89
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2018, 7:59 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I should have specified: Autism is not a Mendelian-type genetic disorder like Sickle-Cell Anemia.

I've seen many-a-time when geniuses produced dullards. Willful dullards, in rebellion against their genius parents (maybe they weren't really dullards---but they certainly played the part well).

Yes and brown eyed couples can produce blue eyed children. Its still genetic.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2018, 8:01 am

It's genetic, yes....but it's not imprinted.

There are different degrees of "genetic."

I should say the "imprint" is not inevitable....that would be more correct.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2018, 2:09 pm

jon85 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

Indeed. I love thinking about things like this. Of course, this is all theory, and I may be completely wrong. But it makes sense to me.

I don't think you're wrong. I've seen the same correlations for many years & have experienced them myself. I eat healthy, I'm active, I feel good, I think clearer, annnnd I attract others - even people I'm not intending to attract.. ie women. Soooo.. the whole thing rings true - and not just for me - for everyone I know that's in as good or better shape. (and I used to be in terrible shape & have lived that reality, too.)