Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

crazy cats lady
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 Jul 2018, 2:12 am

When working for Burger King making salads, I had a dream that I was drowning in a sea of salads, desperately trying to fight my way up.

When working for Mcdonalds, I had a dream I went to Mcdondalds as a customer, and they didn't give me my food fast enough, so I leapt over the counter and made the hamburgers myself.

When I worked as a nanny with a two month old, I had a recurring dream in which I forgot where I put the baby, and I'd wake up with my heart beating like an African drum, and it would take me a few minutes to realize it was a dream.

Anyone else has a similar experience?

The ultimate blog for cats lovers about the huge colonies of feral cats roaming the streets of Tel-Aviv. Feral cats videos, feline humor that'll make you laugh your whiskers off, and cats psychology like what cats dream about. Meet Amiga and Chocolate-Paws in my blog.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2018, 5:32 am

Very rarely do I dream about work. When I do, usually something bad will happen...and then the next time I actually do go to work, something very similar will happen 8O

crazy cats lady wrote:
When working for Mcdonalds, I had a dream I went to Mcdondalds as a customer, and they didn't give me my food fast enough, so I leapt over the counter and made the hamburgers myself.

I see people at my work doing that all the time.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2018, 6:04 am

I sometimes dream that I am working a previous places of employment. Often I am working at a particular stationary store I worked at decades ago. Rarely dream about current employment.

Actually I did have an interesting dream about my weekend job at the local mobile deejay company I worked for while I was still working for the company. IRL I was working in the office and only deejayed as a back up deejay in case of emergencies. Had a sense that the company was starting to not do well. One night I dreamt that the boss, and owner of the company, opened up (oddly enough) a little stationery store in the local mall. You would walk into a little store and find big books of sample custom stationery you could order for your wedding. And then when you turned around to leave you would see a big flat screen TV above the door which ran a commercial for the DJ company: endless videos of the owner guy extolling the virtues of his party deejays, and showing footage of wedding , reception, the hokey pokey etc. The stationery store was just the tail wagging the dog, to promote the deejay company. The dream did have a certain business logic. People who are in the market of wedding stationery are also in the market of music for their reception.

I remembered the dream when I awoke, and even seriously considered suggesting the venture to my boss at the Deejay company. Never did. A year or two later the deejay company did go out of business after doing well for 30 years. .

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

14 Jul 2018, 10:18 am

I had a couple bad dreams about jobs I was working at but most of the time I dreamed about the jobs after I quit working.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2018, 10:20 am

I have dreamed about being late to work on several occasions but, in real life, I'm always early. If I am ever late to work, I notify them ahead of time.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2018, 10:25 am

crazy cats lady wrote:
Ever dreamed about your job? ... Anyone else has a similar experience?
We were bundling software packages on pallets in the warehouse when suddenly my pallet rose and hovered in the air, while everyone else's pallets gathered around mine and bowed down to it. :hail: Eventually, all of the other pallets in the warehouse were bowing down to mine.

:scratch:

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2018, 5:15 pm

Fnord wrote:
Eventually, all of the other pallets in the warehouse were bowing down to mine.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2018, 10:10 am

SabbraCadabra wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Eventually, all of the other pallets in the warehouse were bowing down to mine.
That took 7 hours and 50 minutes. Good catch!

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Slug on a Bike
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 Jul 2018, 10:19 am

Yes.
Too often.
It'll go something like this...

I walk around a corner
and see the huge
part of the landscape
that I forgot about
and neglected
and is overgrown
and that everyone
is afraid to tell me
about.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2018, 10:56 am

Fnord wrote:

Sorry, I can't monitor the board 24/7 ;)

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2018, 10:59 am

SabbraCadabra wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Sorry, I can't monitor the board 24/7.
True, but there are dozens (hundreds?) of other people who seem to live on this website, and none of them caught on! :lol:

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2018, 11:35 am

Maybe they're not into Webber & Rice?