Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2018, 10:23 pm

Who drinks tea?

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2018, 12:25 am

I do. At least 6 cups per day, just basic supermarket red label stuff.

Used to drink Russian Tea and Lemon Tea, but that was a few decades ago.

WallflowerAsparagus
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2018, 12:52 am

I love tea! :heart:
I prefer my black tea with a touch of raw sugar, with a tiny bit of soy milk. Can drink it all day. I have decaf at times as I'm sensitive to caffeine. I'm quite particular with brands.
I like herbal teas, but with sensory stuff I cannot be in the same room as peppermint or licorice tea or any minty teas. I'm not a fan of "fruity" tea for the same reason, but I do like ginger/apple tea.

I like camomile and combining lemongrass, ginger and passionflower to make my own brew.

Neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 156 of 200.
Neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 56 of 200.
RAADS-R score: 175.0
Artist | INFJ-T | heterodemisexual.

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2018, 1:01 am

I love Peppermint tea.

Red89
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Jul 2018, 1:04 am

I do love a strong cup of tea with a dash of milk. I find it quite comforting at times, It just seems to make the day better :)

DancingCorpse
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2018, 1:38 am

Long time green tea goblin here, tastes like leaf shaped teacups growing on a tree of treachery but still somehow satisfying, I don't bother with normal tea or coffee as I indulge in booze and try to limit my bad vices as much as I can handle, I get plants in my eyes and nostrils and gob plenty as I explore nature when I can therefore the green is already strong within me anyway, if there was green oxygen I'd be on that pronto!

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2018, 2:05 am

I love a good tea.

I might start having it in the evenings seeing it's cold.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2018, 2:18 am

I like it more in the winter when a hot drink is welcome. But so far this summer is so hot, i just want something cold most of the time. I hear there were record hot temperatures throughout the world this past week, some record temps that didn't happen before on record, so things are getting warmer. So I sure don't want a hot cup of tea, it has been so hot this spring/summer but I have taken to brewing an extra strong cup so I can add a little water and ice after it cools and drink it then. But yeah it has been way to hot to justify drinking a hot cup of tea.

And global warming isn't real, f**k I can't even wear a t-shirt in the summer anymore, I suppose I need to buy more summer clothes because the planet is only getting warmer.

Sandpiper
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Jul 2018, 7:30 am

I drink lots of tea. I have a one pint mug of Cardamom Chai beside me at the moment. It is very rare for me not to have a mug of tea beside me when I am at home.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2018, 7:36 am

DeepHour wrote:
I do. At least 6 cups per day, just basic supermarket red label stuff.

You lightweight :lol: I'm well into double figures by the evening ( I use PG pyramid bags as they are my GF favourite but I'd use the cheapest in the shop if I was single )

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

Sianann
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

08 Jul 2018, 10:38 am

At this moment I am sitting in the kitchen with a cup of Barry’s Tea beside me and eating waaaaay too many chocolate bars. I was once a dedicated Lyons’ Tea drinker...I am a Dubliner and it’s the capital’s ‘official’ tea, apparently. However, the fragrant, dark golden nectar that is from County Cork (my grandfather is surely spinning in his grave! Barry’s Tea? Down with that sort of thing!) is my absolute favourite.

I love nettle tea too...I’m convinced it’s a magic potion! (I recommend the Salus organic brand).

Sláinte!

i_wanna_blue
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2018, 11:40 am

I used to hate tea as a child, in fact I hated most warm liquids like soup, but as I've got older I've learned to like tea.

Just your standard ceylon tea for me, although I do like rooibos as well. Usually it's two cups a day, but I'm thinking of cutting it back a bit.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2018, 2:11 pm

I drink tea all the time. Mostly different types of black teas.

Some herbal teas are okay sometimes, but I'm not usually in the mood.

I don't like green tea much, but I'll drink it when I'm sick, and I've recently discovered that green tea with jasmine and honey isn't too bad. I have another green tea from Twinings that's pomegranate and strawberry (IIRC), and it's pretty good, but it's just flavored, it doesn't actually have fruit bits in it =|

Sweetleaf wrote:
So I sure don't want a hot cup of tea, it has been so hot this spring/summer but I have taken to brewing an extra strong cup so I can add a little water and ice after it cools and drink it then.

I will make a whole pot of tea, let it cool, and then put it in the fridge for later. Oolong with honey makes a pretty good iced tea, IMO.

When I was younger, I would just get the tubs of powdered lemon tea, and make glasses all the time. I know it's barely tea, but that does sound good right about now...if I could find one that doesn't have artificial sweeteners in it now, anyway =P

Sweetleaf wrote:
And global warming isn't real, f**k I can't even wear a t-shirt in the summer anymore, I suppose I need to buy more summer clothes because the planet is only getting warmer.

Sort of...it's not really about everything getting "warmer" on a small scale, because the winters are becoming more severe and unpredictable as well. A few years back they changed it, so it's not called "global warming" anymore, but "climate change".

JoeyFlash
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

08 Jul 2018, 2:27 pm

I'm a big fan of sweet iced tea. too bad it's dehydrating, as I can probably drink around 7 or so glasses of it and I have to go to the bathroom a lot.

Who's there?

Matthew.

Matthew who?

Math you couldn't do unless you had an IQ of 184.

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2018, 2:45 pm

I drink tea more than coffee, and drink iced tea all the time with meals. I love every type of tea!

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2019, 10:56 am

I love a cup of tea me.

Two sugars and just a splash of milk and nice and strong.

I'm quite fussy about it.