Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Mastercraft
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 May 2017, 11:49 am

So, I have noticed a trend towards vivid, memorable dreams. These dreams tend to repeat, to the point that I can interact with them purely through Déjà Vu. I have also noted that my nightmares have repeated to the point that I no longer feel scared of them. Being attacked by spiders and rats, falling from great heights, and being lost or chased elicit a feeling of utter boredom from me at this point.

Somewhat related is a tendency towards long-feeling dreams that only last for a few minutes in real time, but make me feel mentally tired.

HyperX
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

14 Jul 2017, 9:27 pm

I am by no means an 'expert' but from what you have said here a few things that have come to mind.

Mastercraft wrote:
So, I have noticed a trend towards vivid, memorable dreams. These dreams tend to repeat, to the point that I can interact with them purely through Déjà Vu.

Normally recurring dreams relate to issues that are not being dealt with. Usually these issues are suppressed and pushed into our sub-conscious by choice, by our conscious mind, we do this so we can live our day-to-day lives with as little pain as possible. But the reality is they don't just go way. They will keep popping up again and again until they are satisfactorily addressed within our own belief system.

Mastercraft wrote:
I have also noted that my nightmares have repeated to the point that I no longer feel scared of them.

This is great news. It means you are making progress with this issue or these issues. You have used the dreamscape to 'play out' these scary scenarios (symbolically) in a way that you feel safe. at least more safe than you would feel in your waking life. And what they are showing you now, is that you no longer need to be afraid of them, you can in fact face them in your waking life with the same courage, having already practiced in your dream life.

Mastercraft wrote:
Being attacked by spiders and rats, falling from great heights, and being lost or chased elicit a feeling of utter boredom from me at this point.

Just to add to what I've said above... These are typical of fears. To understand each fear requires in introspective and honest look at one's self.
Generally speaking though... being attacked by spiders, rats and being chased can be representative of being attacked in waking life in one form or another, and sometimes all we want to do is leave the situation to preserve our sanity and to avoid feeling pain/fear. It could be about strangers, people we know or just our internal dialogue and how we judge ourselves in certain situations.

Falling from great heights, and being lost, can be representative of feeling a loss of control in our waking lives. And a fear that if these fears (the unknown) are faced (and found to be true), that we will loose all sense of who we are. But don't worry, all you will find in the unknown is more of yourself. Believe in your greatness and it will be so.

Mastercraft wrote:
Somewhat related is a tendency towards long-feeling dreams that only last for a few minutes in real time, but make me feel mentally tired.

Without a doubt. Many of us, I'm sure, can relate. But rest assured this is only temporary. Once you have integrated these issues you are exploring, and through to the other side, you will feel more refreshed and energized.

Keep in mind these are only interpretations based of the information you have given... and i could be wrong about everything. But i hope they help.

:heart: :heart: :heart:

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2017, 10:13 am

Common themes lately have been nerve-wracking ones: getting lost, fear of losing someone close to me and failure-related dreams. On the other hand, some of the nicer dreams have involved acquiring new pets and going to different countries to watch tennis tournaments.

HyperX

16 Jul 2017, 12:19 am

IstominFan wrote:
Common themes lately have been nerve-wracking ones: getting lost, fear of losing someone close to me and failure-related dreams. On the other hand, some of the nicer dreams have involved acquiring new pets and going to different countries to watch tennis tournaments.

Some of these I've mentioned above, but the failure related dream might mean you're too hard on yourself, or others are and you, for what ever reason, might be believing it. Not that it's true mind you! Loosing people close to us in a dream can mean many things, in this context though it sounds as if you are afraid that you are alone, or that you feel alone, or that you might end up alone, disconnected from society and or things/people in your life that give you comfort.

As for the more positive side, sound like you have a desire to follow your excitement more. Doing things that bring more unconditional love into your life, and playing games to bring yourself joy.
Then again, maybe you just like traveling and want to watch some tennis. lol

:heart:

p.s. I don't think i have all the answers, but this sort of thing excites me. and i find it intriguing.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2017, 1:55 pm

HyperX,

All of these explanations fit well and are very reasonable and truthful answers. I just got my life back to normal after resolving a personal issue and am still not entirely confident yet, even though things have, so far, been going well the last couple of weeks.

CharityGoodyGrace
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2017, 1:59 pm

I have for MONTHS, maybe YEARS, been having LOTS and LOTS of recurring dreams of being back in high school, re-meeting old friends and enemies and neutrals.

HyperX

16 Jul 2017, 9:20 pm

IstominFan wrote:
HyperX,

All of these explanations fit well and are very reasonable and truthful answers. I just got my life back to normal after resolving a personal issue and am still not entirely confident yet, even though things have, so far, been going well the last couple of weeks.

*Thumbs up* Thanks for the kind words. I really appreciate it.

Glad to hear you're back on track, that's good news. Just like lungs that breathe in and out yet sustain the whole body through growth, our experiences also go in and out, up and down, this way and that, but always with growth, forward momentum and with an overall 'upward..ness'.

IstominFan wrote:
I have for MONTHS, maybe YEARS, been having LOTS and LOTS of recurring dreams of being back in high school, re-meeting old friends and enemies and neutrals.

I feel like i've totally hijacked this thread :? . How rude of me :oops: . So I'll start a new one... "Dream interpretations" ... or something like that. Where we can have some fun in getting to the bottom, or top, of these mystic experiences. ooooooh :lol:

edit: Done. ive made it in the 'members only' section as sometimes dreams can be somewhat personal.

CharityGoodyGrace
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2017, 10:23 pm

I also have recurring dreams of going all over Montreal to depressing locations where disaster is striking or has struck, or to abandoned areas or areas that nobody is in right then. Places I've never been to in real life. Maybe I was doing astral traveling with other souls and sometimes alone.

Slug on a Bike
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

11 Jul 2018, 4:57 pm

The first dream
I remember having,
which I still have:

Blank whiteness.
A tiny black spot appears
and slowly grows until
blank blackness.
A tiny white spot appears
and slowly grows until
blank whiteness.
(Repeat till waking)

Also, when I’m sick,
I dream shapes.
Hard to explain.
I don’t dream about them.
I dream triangle,
for instance.

When my dreams
are populated,
I’m usually all of them
at once.

I was a flock of crows once.
Not in it.
The flock.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

11 Jul 2018, 8:08 pm

The reoccurring dream I have involves me from something or to something, I stumble & start to run on my hands & knees & then hands & both feet.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2018, 12:57 am

nick007 wrote:
The reoccurring dream I have involves me from something or to something, I stumble & start to run on my hands & knees & then hands & both feet.

I have that same type of dream. Another dream I have from time to time is the dream where I go to turn on a light in a very dark room but the light bulb doesn't go on and I spend the next 5 minutes messing with the light switch trying to get the light bulb to light up.