Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2018, 7:59 am

Tlhere are a couple styles of sandals I've seen people wearing - full-fledged/walking sandals, not thongs that I can never finid. I'm'm not speaking of well-known brands Birkenstock, Chaco, Ecco, Teva...but that's what I tend to find when I search for " men's sandals ". I'm not really talking rather showy ones - more bohemian/ hobo)folkie monk ones. There's a couple of styles I'm thinking of, if I describe them, perhaps someone could tell me the kind that I mean? Or, perhaps they could point me to some board about sandals/ shoes where people would know what I'm talking about and be able to answer me?

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2018, 8:05 am

I dispatch you here. You'll find what you're after there.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2018, 3:23 pm

...Thank you, although that board suggests downloading their app, and this little phone has no more room for apps. I thought I was on the General Discussion board when I first posted this, it was a.misrake that it was there.

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2018, 3:24 pm

ASS-P wrote:
...Thank you, although that board suggests downloading their app, and this little phone has no more room for apps. I thought I was on the General Discussion board when I first posted this, it was a.misrake that it was there.

Not required. Just use the mobile version. It'll be all right.

disconnected412
Raven
Raven

18 Aug 2018, 3:26 pm

I bought some ones called “free waters”.

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2018, 3:32 pm

Found these on the Kohl's web site, not sure if they're in CA or not. About $35, might be a bit pricey. Sorry the second pic is so big, the first pic switches from front to back view every time I click on it to pick up the URL, so I had to try something else to get the front view.

Here's the link: https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-27550 ... ar&prdPV=6

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."
-- Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2018, 8:33 am

...Thank you. I will mention one I saw which sticks in my memory. A few years back, I was in a church y(Episcopal) and saw someone who was a monk/religious brother (I certainly presume) who was wearing sandalsaround the actual toe opening, so perhaps not, super-literally, sandals, though it was open just beyond the opening on the top of the shoe, and his ankle was b

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2018, 9:10 am

.....are, just a couple straps around it. It was kind of a higher-tech/slicker variation on s " Greek fisherman's shoe " semi -sandal.
Actually, I will, at the risk of too much of an information drop here :lol:, describe another kind of sandal/semi-shoe I used to've seen (Say, is that a toungetwister? :P).
This kind was more covering, nearer to a shoe - but on the top, an opening shows s sandal thing in-between the first and second toe, and, all four sides of the shoe have openings, center of the front, both sides, and back.
I tend to want santals with rather thick, heavy, soles.
I also can't wear big toe loops, or " sandal things ". Not with my big, and numerous other, toes gone :cry: .

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2018, 9:36 am

Online search engines have been really dumbed down and pretty much ruined over the past two years; when I search for Monk-style sandals I get a bunch of links to a brand name of dress shoes and to some TV program. Idiots. Refining the terms only makes it worse.

I'll do a few more searches and if I see anything I'll bring back a pic if I can, or at least a link.

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."
-- Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2018, 10:38 am

The selection of shoe and sandal styles is far greater for women. Payless is a popular place to find women's shoes up to size 13, which is equivalent to a men's size 11.

And, for those of us that have small feet, men's sizes stop around size 6. There is a small selection of size 5.5s. It is far easier to find whatever you want is a women's size 7 compared to finding anything that fits in men's size 5.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2018, 10:45 am

ASS-P wrote:
Tlhere are a couple styles of sandals I've seen people wearing - full-fledged/walking sandals, not thongs that I can never finid. I'm'm not speaking of well-known brands Birkenstock, Chaco, Ecco, Teva...but that's what I tend to find when I search for " men's sandals ". I'm not really talking rather showy ones - more bohemian/ hobo)folkie monk ones. There's a couple of styles I'm thinking of, if I describe them, perhaps someone could tell me the kind that I mean? Or, perhaps they could point me to some board about sandals/ shoes where people would know what I'm talking about and be able to answer me?

Surf shops and sporting good stores such as REI, Sports Chalet and Big 5 tend to have walking sandles.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2018, 4:26 am

...Thank you all - I'd like to repeat my inquiry about the hole at top, showing a pillar between the first and second toe, and a small opening in the morning center of all four sides* model. It sorta tends to look like a surfer/skater " jam "-type shoe, made of similar material.
With the enclosed big-toe point, I could wear it! :D
Clothing catalogs are correct very hard to get aonto, certainly on this jsmall phone which, perhaps more to the point, seems semi-broken now :( !

AnneOleson
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2018, 1:33 am

I thought you just bought a new phone the other day!?

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2018, 2:04 am

I wear closed toe sandals, which I think would be best for you but idk.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2018, 3:49 am

...The newer of the " inside " phones won"t pick up the motel's Wi-Fi at all :( , at least the older does that, lucky I still have it.

n"]I thought you just bought a new phone the other day!?[/quote

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2018, 8:40 am

I believe open-toe is better because your toes get air that way.

But then there’s the aesthetics....