Poll: Traveling: Do you look at other drivers/passengers?

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Traveling: Do you look at other drivers/passengers as you pass them by?
Generally I look at the occupants of other vehicles as we pass. 13%  13%  [ 1 ]
Generally I do NOT look at the occupants of other vehicles as we pass. 88%  88%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 8

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2018, 8:58 am

While traveling in a vehicle as a driver or passenger, I think there are generally two types of people: Those that look at the occupants of other vehicles that they pass or that pass them by and those that don't look at other vehicle occupants.

I almost never look at occupants of other vehicles when I'm driving or riding in a vehicle. I don't have an urge to do that. On the infrequent occasions when I have looked into another passing car, I've often noticed that the occupant is staring at me as we pass by. I surmise that some people may have a desire to always look into every vehicle they pass?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2018, 9:15 am

I do find looking at drivers interesting. I look at their facial expressions.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

18 Oct 2018, 9:25 am

I don't really look at drivers but I don't really look at the other vehicles either. I just kind of zone out.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2018, 11:48 am

I hate looking at passengers in a passing bus because they all gawk out the window and I feel like they're all staring at me. I remember one time I was on a coach and whilst on a slow road a car passed us and the car-driver had his middle finger up at the coach the whole time we passed. I actually empathised with him because maybe he didn't want everyone in the coach staring into his car as it passed. :lol:

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2018, 12:24 pm

Joe90 wrote:
I hate looking at passengers in a passing bus because they all gawk out the window and I feel like they're all staring at me. I remember one time I was on a coach and whilst on a slow road a car passed us and the car-driver had his middle finger up at the coach the whole time we passed. I actually empathised with him because maybe he didn't want everyone in the coach staring into his car as it passed. :lol:

That's a funny story about the guy "flipping off" the coach. I think the reasons I don't look at other vehicle occupants are 1) It's not interesting to me as to what they look like or what they might be doing. 2)If I'm driving, clearly paying attention to the road is more important. 3) It seems like a form of gawking to me.

Trogluddite
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2018, 5:32 pm

No, I have no interest in doing that at all, nor pedestrians, and especially not strangers on the bus/train with me (though I do sneak a peek by using the windows as mirrors sometimes!) If I'm in the countryside, I'm more interested in the scenery and whatever wildlife I can spot. In urban areas, my reading compulsion keeps me busy reading signs, hoardings, sandwich boards, or even the terms and conditions printed on the back of my bus ticket.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2018, 7:08 pm

I either zone out or read, I don't look at drivers or passengers

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

18 Oct 2018, 7:25 pm

Skilpadde wrote:
I either zone out or read, I don't look at drivers or passengers
Same for me except i don't read much because I'm slightly prone to motion-sickness. I used to get it bad as a kid sometimes & I kind of outgrew it in my teens but reading abit while in a moving vehicle can make alittle queasy.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Grammar Geek
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2018, 7:49 pm

I often look at drivers if I see their license plate is out of state. I can’t really explain why, though.

AnneOleson
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2018, 8:49 pm

If I’m driving I generally look at the vehicle as a whole in order to figure out where it’s going. Walking or driving the license plate is what I’m drawn to. It drives me crazy, but I can’t stop it.

SilentJessica
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Oct 2018, 4:50 am

I don't drive, but I do look sometimes. I mostly only pay attention to the number plates. I notice if people are picking their nose. They usually do that at traffic lights when they think no one is looking. I've seen a few people staring at me, which was weird.

Grammar Geek wrote:
I often look at drivers if I see their license plate is out of state. I can’t really explain why, though.

I do the same thing.

AQ: 40
RAADS-R: 149

brightonpete
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Oct 2018, 10:05 am

I always look at other occupants. I don't know why. When I am walking in the park, I go against the flow of traffic (one way looping street) and try not to look. It feels weird to me to not look. When I look out of the corner of my eye, ½ the drivers are waving at me. Sheesh...