Yes, I'm a newbie 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No, not my thing 40%  40%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 5

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2018, 10:53 am

For future reference.

Suspected; PTSD (Treated, as my counselor did notice), possible PCOS, PMDD, Learning disabilities (Sure of it, unknown what they are), possibly something wrong with immune system (Sick about as much as I'm not) Possible EDS- hyper mobility type (Will be getting tested, suggested by doctor) dysautonomia

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

09 Dec 2018, 4:20 pm

I liked the show but I don't know jack about the game

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2018, 4:52 pm

I miss playing D&D. If only there were other 60-somethings in my area that were still interested in having fun.

coalminer
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Dec 2018, 5:31 pm

I recently learned that a single game of D&D takes multiple years. Up until then, I was under the impression that it only took maybe 5 or 6 hours.

I wonder if people ever get too immersed; like, they get so wrapped up in their D&D game that they think it's more important than their real life. Perhaps there's an unwritten rule that says you can't make your character a reflection of yourself?

Either way, I have respect for people who are able to commit to it, but I'm not one of them.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2018, 5:48 pm

Around 50 years ago I use to play regularly for a few years. We met off the coast of California on a small island called Catalina Island and played. We would take a couple hour ferry ride to the island and play for a couple days at a stretch.

Nowadays I settle for computer RPG games.

I remember in one game I obtained a very powerful sword. It immediately welded into my arm. The sword had quite an ego and was very evil. I immediately shut and bolted the door so my comrades would not be injured. Anyways I told the sword that I would jump down a very, very deep shaft, thereby ending my life and that the sword as a result would remain in that shaft for hundreds of centuries lost in the dark. The sword said "You wouldn't", I stepped right to the edge of the shaft and said "Watch Me!". The sword didn't like that threat and we came to a mutual understanding.

So be a little cautious if you open a door and find a sword neatly placed in the center of the floor. You may not want to pick it up. It makes the wearer invisible.

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2018, 7:38 pm

jimmy m wrote:
Around 50 years ago I use to play regularly for a few years. We met off the coast of California on a small island called Catalina Island and played. We would take a couple hour ferry ride to the island and play for a couple days at a stretch.

Nowadays I settle for computer RPG games.

I remember in one game I obtained a very powerful sword. It immediately welded into my arm. The sword had quite an ego and was very evil. I immediately shut and bolted the door so my comrades would not be injured. Anyways I told the sword that I would jump down a very, very deep shaft, thereby ending my life and that the sword as a result would remain in that shaft for hundreds of centuries lost in the dark. The sword said "You wouldn't", I stepped right to the edge of the shaft and said "Watch Me!". The sword didn't like that threat and we came to a mutual understanding.

So be a little cautious if you open a door and find a sword neatly placed in the center of the floor. You may not want to pick it up. It makes the wearer invisible.

Noted.

Suspected; PTSD (Treated, as my counselor did notice), possible PCOS, PMDD, Learning disabilities (Sure of it, unknown what they are), possibly something wrong with immune system (Sick about as much as I'm not) Possible EDS- hyper mobility type (Will be getting tested, suggested by doctor) dysautonomia