Page 5 of 9 [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Nov 2017
Gender: Female
Posts: 32,734

20 Dec 2018, 10:51 am

Yes mine is true. We moved houses when I was five and kitty ran away from House #1 from the confusion of packing. He found us six months later at House #2 which was about 15 miles away. He'd never been to House 2 and most likely crossed a river somehow.

True or false? I bought an antique dresser from Facebook Market this morning.



kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 71,565
Location: Queens, NYC

20 Dec 2018, 11:06 am

I sense that it is true. It's definitely something Isabella would do.

I used to really enjoy Captain Kangaroo as a kid.



IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Nov 2017
Gender: Female
Posts: 32,734

20 Dec 2018, 11:09 am

True I bought an antique dresser which is exactly what I want for my Emily-themed bedroom (perfect size and style), but I overslept today and the woman is going on holiday so I may not be able to collect it until January :(

Yes Kortie, you enjoyed CK.

I really liked skipping rope as a little girl.



TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 26 Sep 2018
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,115
Location: The US of freakin A <_<

20 Dec 2018, 11:12 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
True I bought an antique dresser which is exactly what I want for my Emily-themed bedroom (perfect size and style), but I overslept today and the woman is going on holiday so I may not be able to collect it until January :(

Yes Kortie, you enjoyed CK.

I really liked skipping rope as a little girl.

False?

True or False: My great grandfather sailed all the way from Hawaii to the Phillipines on a boat and his boat is in a museum.



kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 71,565
Location: Queens, NYC

20 Dec 2018, 11:14 am

Actually, I was really neutral about the show. False. I was sort of scared of Mr. Green Jeans. I thought he was going to spank me or something. I thought the tone of the show was somewhat disciplinary, for unknown reasons.

False. I sense that you liked reading books much better.

I became obsessed with "Wacky Races" when I was in my late 40s. I was also obsessed with that show from the time I was 7 years old.

Twisty: I hope that's true. That would be very interesting.



TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 26 Sep 2018
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,115
Location: The US of freakin A <_<

20 Dec 2018, 11:16 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Actually, I was really neutral about the show. False. I was sort of scared of Mr. Green Jeans. I thought he was going to spank me or something. I thought the tone of the show was somewhat disciplinary, for unknown reasons.

False. I sense that you liked reading books much better.

I became obsessed with "Wacky Races" when I was in my late 40s. I was also obsessed with that show from the time I was 7 years old.

Twisty: I hope that's true. That would be very interesting.


Yep it's true. :) My mom even showed me a website about it once. I wish I could find it and show you guys.



IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Nov 2017
Gender: Female
Posts: 32,734

20 Dec 2018, 11:19 am

TW1ZTY: I also hope that's true.

Korts: You still like Wacky Races, so TRUE.

Me: I did read books much more than anything. When I was about eight I realised that I might "fit in" better if I learned to skip, which I hadn't yet. I got a thick purple rubber skipping rope and was obsessed with it for about a week before going back to my books. (Overall, therefore likely False).

True or False: My grandmother had three breasts.



kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 71,565
Location: Queens, NYC

20 Dec 2018, 11:22 am

She wasn't Anne Boleyn: False

I was once forcibly and literally thrown out the door of my former elementary school----when I visited it one year after I stopped going to the school.



IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Nov 2017
Gender: Female
Posts: 32,734

20 Dec 2018, 11:26 am

It's true about my paternal grandmother. I think the third must have been small? I never knew this while she was alive and I can't quite tell in photos, but it's definitely true. Perhaps that's why I was born with an extra ureter?

True for korts.



TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 26 Sep 2018
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,115
Location: The US of freakin A <_<

20 Dec 2018, 11:27 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
It's true about my paternal grandmother. I think the third must have been small? I never knew this while she was alive and I can't quite tell in photos, but it's definitely true. Perhaps that's why I was born with an extra ureter?

True for korts.

My youngest brother has three nipples. :)



kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 71,565
Location: Queens, NYC

20 Dec 2018, 11:39 am

False for TW1ZTY.

People with Down Syndrome were called "Mongoloids" up until the 1970s.



IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Nov 2017
Gender: Female
Posts: 32,734

20 Dec 2018, 11:41 am

True. Host's sister has Downs and their parents were told to institutionalise her :( (They didn't).

My brother has been married (and divorced) twice.



kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 71,565
Location: Queens, NYC

20 Dec 2018, 11:43 am

I'm thinking he's lived with girlfriends and got married once---False.

I have a grandfather who was sort of a famous ragtime/jazz music composer.



IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Nov 2017
Gender: Female
Posts: 32,734

20 Dec 2018, 11:46 am

No, it's true. He was married in the early 90s and again on the day JFK Jr.'s plane crashed. Both ended in divorces.
He lives with someone now, which is his first time living together with a woman.

(I just noticed that's ironic because my parents got married the day that JFK was shot) ^


kortie yours is false. He was your great uncle.



kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 71,565
Location: Queens, NYC

20 Dec 2018, 11:54 am

Yep. You are correct, Isabella.

My dad was robbed in an apartment building laundry room in 1967.



TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 26 Sep 2018
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,115
Location: The US of freakin A <_<

20 Dec 2018, 11:55 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
False for TW1ZTY.

People with Down Syndrome were called "Mongoloids" up until the 1970s.

Actually it's true :)

(For both)

True or False: John Wilkes Booth, the man who assassinated Abraham Lincoln, was killed on my birthday.