Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

imdoneone
Raven
Raven

08 Jan 2019, 1:57 pm

How many children does Professor Utonium have?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2019, 2:07 pm

Three, although he has never legally adopted any of them.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2019, 2:12 pm

I always thought he was cute. :heart:

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2019, 2:15 pm

...This refers to? :?

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2019, 2:39 pm

ASS-P wrote:
Powerpuff Girls -- an anime-inspired cartoon with formulaic plots, one-dimensional characters, and little redeeming value.

imdoneone
Raven
Raven

08 Jan 2019, 2:50 pm

I think he had another named Bliss.

caffeinekid
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Jan 2019, 3:43 pm

Fnord wrote:
ASS-P wrote:
Powerpuff Girls -- an anime-inspired cartoon with formulaic plots, one-dimensional characters, and little redeeming value.

Cartoons generally have two dimensional characters, as a one dimensional character would be a line.

I guess you could argue that a cartoon is a set of one dimensional lines curving through the two dimensional plane though.

Sorry. :wink:

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2019, 4:02 pm

Fnord wrote:
ASS-P wrote:

HELLO! It's a kids' cartoon show.

Next you're gonna tell us all to "avoid the 'Chicago Telephone Directory' because it has too many characters, and not enough plot." :lol:

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2019, 12:01 pm

He has three daughters - Bubbles, Blossom and Buttercup, but they were artificially created using a secret formula containing sugar, spice and everything nice (like the nursery rhyme about what little girls are made of), but he accidentally added chemical X to the mixture, so the girls were born with super powers. Professor Utonium is inspired by retro 50's TV-type dads, and he tries to raise the Powerpuff Girls as normally as possible even though they have to go and fight monsters and criminals. The original 1990's cartoon was amazing but the 2016 version totally blows. In that cartoon Utonium had a fourth Powerpuff Girl named Bliss, but it was stupid and no one can see it as canon and call themselves a Powerpuffs fan.

Oh, and in the 90's cartoon the PPGs themselves once created a new girl named Bunny. But they didn't have all the right ingredients to make the formula, so Bunny was born hunchbacked and homely and kind of slow and dumb. When the girls instruct her on how to be a crimefighter, Bunny messes up at first and beats up all the police and sets the criminals free. She makes up for her mistakes, however, and makes the other girls happy and proud. But then suddenly she just started shaking and blew up. Apparently the formula used to create Bunny was too unstable, but it was really sad. :(

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2019, 12:59 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Fnord wrote:
ASS-P wrote:

HELLO! It's a kids' cartoon show.

Next you're gonna tell us all to "avoid the 'Chicago Telephone Directory' because it has too many characters, and not enough plot." :lol:

Dunno about the Chicago Telephone Directory, but my local one had that exact problem, so DNF :thumbdown:
:lol:

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765