New here... Does anyone relate to me...

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

calicocat123
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Feb 2019, 7:34 pm

Hi guys. I'm new to this site. Diagnosed with Aspergers around 6 or 7 yrs old. Ever since i can remember I've had a hard time making friends. I feel like i don't have too much to talk about with other people. I didn't play music or sports growing up, no curremt hobbies except being a mom, housekeeper and watching television. I am a young mother now of a one year old at my age so it makes it harder to find friends. I have a really bad back so i smoke marijuana sometimes (legally in my state) which has helped my pain and I've noticed i have an easier time talking with people but, the anxiety is still there as far as making conversation goes. When i was disanosed with Aspergers i was so young i don't remember it but I've got the paper work to prove it. I definitely have this feeling about myself from as long as i remember that i almost can't connect with other people and i try hard but what do you talk about? How do you really form friendships? I've never told any friends of my diagnosis or my son's Father although sometimes i think they can tell I'm a bit off. No offense to anyone although I'm talking about myself. :roll: My friend circle has always consisted of 2 or 3 really close friends and then more aquantices. These days i don't have really anyone. :cry: wondering if any one else here has had the anxiety to reach out and form friendships and just feels like they can't???

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2019, 8:29 pm

Hello. Can you share some specifics about your childhood with autism? After you were diagnosed what sort of interventions did you have at school or therapy? What were you taught about your Aspergers?

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2019, 10:48 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :D

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2019, 11:24 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet. Anxiety and difficulty making friends are common among aspies.