Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2019, 1:06 am

Volunteered at a local high school. Had a chat with a guidance counselor over lunch and she pointed out a student to me that she described as being a psychopath with trisomy. I observed this student for most of the day. He was similar to many other youths with trisomy but had a confidence over the top. I felt uncomfortable around him. Some comorbidities can be very shocking. This particular youth had a constant companion who was diagnosed with ADHD and was also mildly challenged. This changed my thinking entirely - scared me a bit too.

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2019, 1:51 am

Scared you how? I don’t understand, sorry.

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2019, 1:41 pm

blooiejagwa wrote:
Scared you how? I don’t understand, sorry.

It scared me because this particular kid would be around other Down's Syndrome students and they wouldn't be safe without supervision around this particular youngster or if another student felt compelled to help, he or she wouldn't necessarily be safe. Doesn't psychopathy frieghten you?

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2019, 2:37 pm

I mean what did he do? This is a very vague thing

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2019, 11:02 pm

blooiejagwa wrote:
I mean what did he do? This is a very vague thing

Nothing. They were all under supervision. I didn't like the way he was looking at a female student. I recognized it as sexual aggression. I feared for her safety if we weren't there.