Veteran

05 Mar 2019, 2:36 pm

Yes :)

Here's some of my favorites

Zinnias

Bearded Irises

Fuschias

Bleeding Hearts

Wild Pansies (or "Johnny Jump Ups" as my mom used to call them :D )

Kenya
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2019, 10:55 pm

I enjoy smelling flowers as long as they're not fake and don't reek of that plastic s**t smell that makes me want to vomit. If they're real flowers, though, I'll smell them regardless of species.

grahambaster
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Mar 2019, 1:02 am

Yes I like flowers. This magnolia tree is flowering. I traveled to Lincoln Nebraska once and on the campus of the university there were magnolias like this.

Zinnia86
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2019, 1:15 am

I'm excited because the pomegranate bush in my front yard is going to look like this soon

Sandpiper
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Mar 2019, 6:42 am

Yes, but preferably wild rather than cultivated flowers.

Viper's bugloss (Echium vulgare) and Sea holly (Eryngiums maritimum) are probably my favourites.

https://www.plantlife.org.uk/uk/discove ... rs-bugloss

https://www.plantlife.org.uk/uk/discove ... /sea-holly

TUF
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2019, 6:52 am

In the wild or in a garden yes but I don't see the point of buying them from a shop, putting them in a vase and slowly watching them die.

People who buy them as romantic gifts are daft esp when the other cliché alternative is chocolate.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

06 Mar 2019, 1:27 pm

I believe they are very important to keeping plant & animal species alive but I have no interest in them beyond that. Pollen can really aggravate my allergies & sinus problems. I can sneeze alot & my nose could run nonstop. I also break out in a rash if I get a lot of pollen on me.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2019, 10:03 pm

Yes I do.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2019, 10:11 pm

when i lived near DC, i useta make a sorta pilgrimage to the tidal basin every spring to see the cherry blossoms. my folks when i was growing up had huge cherry blossom trees in the front yard. other than that, i'm fond of venus flytraps :alien:

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2019, 10:26 pm

There's some aspect to the scent of flowers that I don't enjoy - I'm not sure how to describe it, but it's present in every flower I've smelled. I do, however, enjoy their visual displays.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2019, 10:44 pm

I love freesia, lilacs, powder pink tulips, Iris, snapdragons, poppies and heather.
Geraniums remind me of my father. :heart:

I don't like lilies (they totally stink), sunflowers or orchids.

Wild roses are nice but I don't like cut roses in my house. They give me headaches and they look too formal.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

07 Mar 2019, 12:57 am

auntblabby wrote:
other than that, i'm fond of venus flytraps :alien:
Those are kewl cuz they eat animals like flies. I had them a few times as a kid. We used to sometimes put flies we killed or small pieces of meat in their trap cuz they didn't get that many flies. They were kept in a screened in porch, inside or in the greenhouse. They never lasted long unfortunately. My mom's fairly good with plants cuz she used to be into gardening a lot more. She has physical issues doing a lot of the work nowadays due to pain issues. Anyways the climate where we live which was Louisiana may not be the best environment for flytraps thou hot & humid climate seems like it should be good for them but who knows.
Cactuses/Cacti are kinda kewl too cuz they have lots needles to protect themselves. I had em a few times as a kid & they lasted alittle while.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2019, 1:07 am

nick007 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
other than that, i'm fond of venus flytraps :alien:
Those are kewl cuz they eat animals like flies. I had them a few times as a kid. We used to sometimes put flies we killed or small pieces of meat in their trap cuz they didn't get that many flies. They were kept in a screened in porch, inside or in the greenhouse. They never lasted long unfortunately. My mom's fairly good with plants cuz she used to be into gardening a lot more. She has physical issues doing a lot of the work nowadays due to pain issues. Anyways the climate where we live which was Louisiana may not be the best environment for flytraps thou hot & humid climate seems like it should be good for them but who knows.
Cactuses/Cacti are kinda kewl too cuz they have lots needles to protect themselves. I had em a few times as a kid & they lasted alittle while.

i guess i like exotic types of plants. i am reminded of a true story, on the set of the 60s scifi series "star trek" producer gene roddenberry was frustrated that his greensman kept giving him the same old generic plants as scenic backdrop, so in frustration one day he took one of the potted plants and uprooted it, stuck it back in the dirt and said "THAT is more like what i've been asking for!!" and the bewildered greensman sheepishly shuffled away.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2019, 10:06 am

I do like flowers, but they don't give me joy in the same way that animals do. Some flowers are really beautiful. Others, like lilies, as Isabella said, really stink. They make me sick.

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2019, 10:51 am

I do like flowers. I like them best when they're outside. I think cut flowers are nice, but I wouldn't buy them for myself. Two flowers I can't stand the smell of indoors: Lilies and hyacinths. They both have a similar smell and remind me of the smell of an outdoor swampy area in our yard when I was a kid. Lilies especially to me, have a sickly sweet smell of decomposition or something. I would go as far as to say I find the smell of them to be offensive.