Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

DrewLewis
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

28 Jan 2019, 4:39 pm

What classic cartoons from 20+ year's ago you enjoy the most and why.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2019, 4:43 pm

Courage the Cowardly Dog! :D

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

29 Jan 2019, 12:01 am

Beavis & Butthead because they were very funny

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

WitchsCat
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2019, 3:52 pm

I loved watching the classic Nicktoons and other shows on Nickelodeon because they were entertaining to me as a kid and I grew up watching them. I may not get the more mature humor of Ren and Stimpy or Rocko's Modern Life, but I still find them funny.

I also preferred Beavis and Butthead and the first nine seasons of The Simpsons for that very reason.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

29 Jan 2019, 4:16 pm

WitchsCat wrote:
I loved watching the classic Nicktoons and other shows on Nickelodeon because they were entertaining to me as a kid and I grew up watching them. I may not get the more mature humor of Ren and Stimpy or Rocko's Modern Life, but I still find them funny.

I also preferred Beavis and Butthead and the first nine seasons of The Simpsons for that very reason.
I really liked Ren & Stimpy & Rocko. The Simpsons were pretty good when they came out & they're still going strong. I'm not sure Simpsons would count as a classic cartoon since they never stopped making eps but it's defiantly iconic. Other great classic cartoons include DuckMan & The Brother's Grunt but I'm sure few people here heard of those, especially the ladder.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Zinnia86
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2019, 4:49 pm

Some of my favorites when I was a kid were Animaniacs, Darkwing Duck, Gargoyles, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Maya the Bee and David the Gnome when I was really little. King of the Hill more recently.

Zinnia86
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2019, 4:55 pm

Zinnia86 wrote:
Some of my favorites when I was a kid were Animaniacs, Darkwing Duck, Gargoyles, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Maya the Bee and David the Gnome when I was really little. King of the Hill more recently.

Oops I forgot to say why. I liked Animaniacs because of the weird songs. Darkwing Duck because he was weird. Gargoyles because of the historical fantasy. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles because I had a crush on Raphael. I can't remember why I liked the ones when I was little. I think I like King of the Hill because the characters do ridiculous things and I like the way that Boomhauer talks.

EDIT: I just remembered I also liked Darkwing Duck because Gosalyn was a redhead and so am I :D

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2019, 12:16 pm

You guys are making me feel old. When I think of classic cartoons I think of the ones from the 1930's and 40's, even I'm not THAT old! :lol: I mean, I wasn't born yet when they were first made.

The other week I watched an old Mickey Mouse cartoon from the 30's, where Mickey spoke for the first time. His first words were "Hot dogs!" but his voice sounded deep, not high and squeaky at all. It was weird. :)

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2019, 12:42 pm

Marine Boy
Dastardly and Muttley in the Flying Machines
Help!... It's the Hair Bear Bunch!
Hong Kong Phooey

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2019, 12:42 pm

When I was young, I remember watching Merry Melodies. They were old black and white shorts from the 30s. I always found them a little creepy and surreal -- kind of like Walt Disney having a bad acid trip.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

JD12345
Toucan
Toucan

30 Jan 2019, 4:42 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
You guys are making me feel old. When I think of classic cartoons I think of the ones from the 1930's and 40's, even I'm not THAT old! :lol: I mean, I wasn't born yet when they were first made.

I was going to mention them. I haven't watched Cartoon Network/Boomerang since I was around the age of ten (which was the mid-2000s) but back then much of the schedules were filled with the Hanna Barbara era Tom and Jerrys and the Looney Tunes shorts, as well as the later 1960s made-for-television Hanna Barbera shows (The Flintstones, The Jetsons, Top Cat etc).

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2019, 11:21 pm

Recently I've been watching old cartoons of Oswald the Lucky Rabbit. They're pretty good.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2019, 9:13 am

Underdog

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2019, 9:21 am

"Clutch Cargo" and "Space Angel". Also "Johnny Quest" (the original series).