Page 1 of 4 [ 59 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

zee
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2007, 6:08 am

What are your favorite pets' names? I got the idea for this when I was reading the newbie thread just now, and a girl said she had a kitten named Smudge, which I thought was so cute.

I have a cat named "Snacky" who eats almost anything, and one named Poirot.

I also used to have twin goats; one was named "Target" because she had kind of a target pattern on her side, and her sister was named "Dart". :wink:

LadyMacbeth
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In the girls toilets at Hogwarts, washing the blood off my hands.

04 Aug 2007, 6:45 am

Well.. my first hamster had like, a dozen or more names. I settled with Sandy. Then I got a degu which is a Himalayan mountain rat or some such thing, and I called it Chandler (obsessed with Friends at the time). Then there was the second hamster, a Russian dwarf with red eyes. I wanted to call him Rodney, because I was then obsessed with Only Fools And Horses, but because of the red eyes instead called him Damien.

Then I got a bunny rabbit. Thought it was a boy at first so called it Bobbie (as I was obsessed with Robbie Williams.. hmm sense a pattern here?) And then my brother got jealous so we got a second rabbit. We called him Cody. He's a horrible little monster but cute as hell provided you don't get too close.

Now I'm living with my partner, his cat has decided to own me. Her name is Philip Neutron Twilight (the latter of these her everyday name). She escaped one night and returned pregnant. Now we have two gorgeous little kittens. What did we call them? Howard Grimalkin Khan (the girl), or Grim or Flump for short, and Vincent McQueen Galifrey, Gally for short. So Gally and Grim. Lovely.

ASPERGERSJOHN
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Aug 2007, 6:49 am

I have a pet dog and his name is Jasper so that is my favourite pet name for that reason only though.

faithfilly
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2007, 6:58 am

The next pets I get I want to name "Marco" and "Polo." That way when I call them, people can wonder if I got a swimming pool out back. :lol:

By the way, that mutt to the left here...her name is "Rascal" and she is little. Now that I'm saying this in this post, I better not change back my avatar to the photo of myself. :lol:

dawndeleon
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2007, 7:35 am

four cats names: Brazil, Poppy, Boodles, and Mister. I had thought of making a blog out of cat names, that way people could write in for help in naming their cats. Its fun to name your pet/

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2007, 7:48 am

Several years ago I had a hamster whose name was Klemens and a guinea-pig whose name was Pigi (but they didn't react to those names, besides the hamster was agressive because when he was bought he was already adult so didn't get used to being stroked, played with and other things of this kind and it's hard to teach an adult animal something new).

My grandparents used to have cats and it was I who used to give them names - I still remember them, for example Murcia (I took that name from a poem for children about a little girl who was very busy taking care of her animals and generally home) and Łapimyszek whose name can be approximately translated as the mice catcher :D

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

04 Aug 2007, 7:57 am

I always felt you could yell a one or two syllable word louder than longer words. So to call for and animal a short name might be easier to say loudly. Though since my old dogs are deaf and I do not talk in public when walking my big dogs. I usually just whistle or make kissing sounds to alert them.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2007, 8:28 am

Dogs react best to the short, two syllable names - they remember them better and get used to them faster.

Pugly
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2007, 8:28 am

I named my Cat Evil. I stole it from the Earthworm Jim video game... thought it was a cool name for a cat.

Everyone thought I named it after Evil Knievel.

Wanting more than what I have might appear as greed.

Mr_Winston
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Aug 2007, 9:03 am

Next doors Cat is called Arnold, and my sister once had a Hamster called Eric.

My two Cats are called Luke and Lucky - you may notice the age-old GameBoy connection. :D

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2007, 9:12 am

My current pets are Partner (dog) and cats Puffy, Peter, Paul and Prince. I also had a Siamese named Samantha. To this day, Samantha is my favorite name for a female cat. On my cat site, there are a lot of Siamese with "Sam" names (Samantha, Sammy, Sam, Samson).

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2007, 9:28 am

When I am reading about the cat called Samantha I recall one book by Dean Koontz, "The Bad Place" where there's a scene in which a guy having paranormal abilities killed a cat of this name belonging to his sisters. Both girls had such abilities too - in their case it was a possibility of controlling animals - and they forced their other cats to eat the body of the dead Samantha.

DaQwerk
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Aug 2007, 9:39 am

I knew someone who had two dogs named c'mere and hey dog.....

Kahil Gibran

Pugly
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2007, 9:53 am

DaQwerk wrote:

Do they say c'mere c'mere and hey hey dog? :D

Wanting more than what I have might appear as greed.

cruimh_shionnachain
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2007, 11:22 am

My dog's name is Thaddeus, which personally I like, but the best dog name I've ever heard was my neighbor's dog, Dee-Oh-Gee. DOG. :lol:

Apathy is not a vice, it is a relieving and downright enjoyable life-choice.

DaQwerk
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Aug 2007, 11:45 am

Pugly wrote:
DaQwerk wrote:

Do they say c'mere c'mere and hey hey dog? :D

Well I didn't know this guy that well and it was a long time ago,
but as I remember both dogs definitely responded to their
names when spoken. The guy seemed to get a kick
out of people's reactions to the names. As I remember he
just said the name once. :)

Kahil Gibran